[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

I think that view is pretty dismissive of how complicated the mod is, and how poorly the mod communicates to the player in the game. Something that can, and is being improved, but it doesn't happen as quickly without people voicing their frustration or confusion.

I'll admit that ingame info does not always tell you exactly how you are supposed to utilize some of the parts. The wiki is also not always up to date on everything making figuring out some mechanics an exercise in trial and (excessive) error. However despite how complicated some of the more esoteric aspects of the mod are there is a large percentage of "Please help." posts that have nothing to do with the complicated bits. Quite a few people want to be spoon fed the solution to their problem personally even if said problem could have been averted altogether if they'd simply read the installation instructions that came with the download. No amount of in game or out of game documentation will solve the issues people have when they refuse to avail themselves of said documentation.

Have you put the KSI folders inside your gamedata correctly, and if you are using other mods you could be running out of memory. If this is the case use the texture compressor mod (google it :P) it will stop you from going over the memory limit

yes i did, i dont think i ran out of memory tho. The error only state 86% memory in used. Look at my previous post

also its kinda troublesome to need moderators approval to post, haha

yes i did, i dont think i ran out of memory tho. The error only state 86% memory in used. Look at my previous post

also its kinda troublesome to need moderators approval to post, haha

It's temporary to prevent spammers, it goes away after a bit. Welcome to the forums. :)

I don't believe that KW is properly installed. You want put whatever is inside the zip's gamedata folder inside the game's gamedata folder. Look inside that folder you have browse to the gamedata folder, copy or drag the contents to where you currently have the kw folder with all the other mod folders.

It's temporary to prevent spammers, it goes away after a bit. Welcome to the forums. :)

I don't believe that KW is properly installed. You want put whatever is inside the zip's gamedata folder inside the game's gamedata folder. Look inside that folder you have browse to the gamedata folder, copy or drag the contents to where you currently have the kw folder with all the other mod folders.

thanks ! :)

http://picpaste.com/folder-tdp0bCCQ.png i think i got it right this time ? but still crashing :(

thanks ! :)

http://picpaste.com/folder-tdp0bCCQ.png i think i got it right this time ? but still crashing :(

Try deleting the ships, source and subassemblies folders.

The inside of each folder in gamedata should contain folders that look like the folders inside of the squad folder. Plugins, parts, spaces, and maybe a .dll file to two.

What it should not look like is another folder named the same as the folder above it, like \warpplugin\gamedata\warpplugin, or \novapunch2\novapunch\gamedata. Mod developers have a nasty habit of nesting useless folders inside of their zip, instead of just zipping the folder that goes inside of gamedata.

A look at your ksp.log, located in your base ksp folder (that one that contains ksp.exe) might help if none of the above works.

and just for good measure, download this:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-Release-2-15-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs!

Download the agressive one. Open the zip and copy the boulderco folder into your gamedata folder, and start ksp.

edit: To be clear, this is the agressive version.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

Crashing during loading is the classic running out of memory problem, the memory your computer has is irrelevant because KSP can only use ~4GB. Look at texture reduction/compression.

alright ! it works loading takes quite a while now tho.

thanks everyone for the help :)

alright ! it works loading takes quite a while now tho.

thanks everyone for the help :)

Unfortunate price we all have to pay to use more than a couple mods. At least untill the devs can get their hands on a stable 64bit unity version for windows and have the time to port it over. ON the bright side the texture reduction mod is only really bad the first load of a set of mods, after that its still longer than normal but not as bad as the first load.

A quick question - are you pushing those updates on the spot, or you are just showing the community your progress, and you will, at a later moment, push and update with all changes?

I'll request a pull to fractal's repo when I've gotten the bulk of it done, or we get a release date for the next update. I'm posting updates for feedback/criticism so that it is a polished as I can manage.

I can push to my repo and they can be downloaded if that is something people want, but I don't know how Fractal would feel about that. Plus, I'm not a very experienced programmer, so things can go wrong and I may not be able to fix them.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

Had a rather productive night, having not gotten sidetracked by attempting (poorly) to add features. Here's a look at some of my proposed changes that I've completed thus far.

Version 0.10.4_experimental

- Fixed data collection on magnetometer

- Replaced non-functional model for .625m arcjet thruster to rescaled 1.25m model

- Improved reactor, radiator, and generator tooltips

- Added water and lithium resource maps to kerbin

- Added (currently unused) water and lithium resource assets

- Added atmospheric intake functionality to atmospheric scoops

- Added full initial electric charge to generators to aid in fusion reactor activation

- Disabled the inital automaticly enabled charging of the alcubierre drive for new vessels

- Added electric charge to computer core, and increased torque to 5/5/5

- Added a more detailed tooltip description of the computer core

- Added tooltip details about power transmission to array and reciever descriptions

- Added tooltip details about generator attachment and modes

- Added note to GC/MS tooltip to indicate that it is also a science experiment.

- Added note that GRS is useful for detecting concentrations of uranium and thorium.

- Added a detailed description of the science labs capabilities

- Added a clarification of the crygenic helium tank, and its use with the IR telescope

- Added note that the magnetometer is also a science experiment

- Added note to clarify that the he-3 does not store helium, and is used as a reator fuel.

- Added tooltip to antimatter containers to indicate maximum capacity.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

Playing the mod for a while, really nice work.

I've got a problem now. The Deinonychus engine is really powerful, but there seems to be a bug in the trust vectoring or balancing or something like. Both via mechjeb or manually the rocket doesn't respond precisely and often get off course.

Hope i'm not breaking any rules, but i would like to up this question. The problem is really painful and i can't find an answer.

Had a rather productive night, having not gotten sidetracked by attempting (poorly) to add features. Here's a look at some of my proposed changes that I've completed thus far.

Version 0.10.4_experimental

- Fixed data collection on magnetometer

- Replaced non-functional model for .625m arcjet thruster to rescaled 1.25m model

- Improved reactor, radiator, and generator tooltips

- Added water and lithium resource maps to kerbin

- Added (currently unused) water and lithium resource assets

- Added atmospheric intake functionality to atmospheric scoops

- Added full initial electric charge to generators to aid in fusion reactor activation

- Disabled the inital automaticly enabled charging of the alcubierre drive for new vessels

- Added electric charge to computer core, and increased torque to 5/5/5

- Added a more detailed tooltip description of the computer core

- Added tooltip details about power transmission to array and reciever descriptions

- Added tooltip details about generator attachment and modes

- Added note to GC/MS tooltip to indicate that it is also a science experiment.

- Added note that GRS is useful for detecting concentrations of uranium and thorium.

- Added a detailed description of the science labs capabilities

- Added a clarification of the crygenic helium tank, and its use with the IR telescope

- Added note that the magnetometer is also a science experiment

- Added note to clarify that the he-3 does not store helium, and is used as a reator fuel.

- Added tooltip to antimatter containers to indicate maximum capacity.

Sounds like a step forward, um can you give us more detail into the highlighted change.

Im still on the fence as to making any changes for 0.23 thou, since ARM is coming and 0.24 probably wont be far behind it.

Sounds like a step forward, um can you give us more detail into the highlighted change.

Im still on the fence as to making any changes for 0.23 thou, since ARM is coming and 0.24 probably won't be far behind it.

Resource point assets like those used for thorium and uranium hotspots currently.

Hey everybody,

Ship is doing something odd with two Vista engines on it.

They both fire fine for a while. Then one decides to throttle back by roughly 100kN, while the other stays firing at 1100kN for no apparent reason. I have enough fuel, enough tritium, enough deteurium, enough power (upgraded 3.75 fusion reactor, KTEC on one end, direct conversion on its other end) both generators are on, the fusion reactor is on, megajoules are full, charged particles are full, waste heat is like 1%. Thrust isn't limited below 100%. I am baffled as to whats causing this.

s0eubRP.png

Could you check if your KTEC didn't revert to direct conversion in the VAB ? Happens to me at times and I don't notice before launch. 41.9GW theoretical power seems low for a dual KTEC+DC setup.

If that's not it feel free to share your craft file so people can have a look.

EDIT Disregard, 41GW is what you should have.

Edited by maabaa

I think that view is pretty dismissive of how complicated the mod is, and how poorly the mod communicates to the player in the game. Something that can, and is being improved, but it doesn't happen as quickly without people voicing their frustration or confusion.

I agree with you on this, it takes a while to learn, but what i found out from other forum posts is that people generally go for the best mods first (which are some of the time the most complicated) even though they don't know how to play basic ksp fully yet (or how to mod), what I should have said is "People who are new to modding (and/or new to ksp) should avoid this mod until they have some understanding of a) how to install mods and B) maybe have read a bit of the wiki/ other peoples posts (especially before posting about something that has been posted a million times!)"

Oh and I'm glad that you are doing some much needed updates thanks! :)

Everything on your screenshot looks good. Could it be TAC ? I could be wrong, but I think whatever you set in TAC still goes when you close the TAC window. If something is forgotten in a way it shouldn't be, that could deprive something from something important (you know what I mean ;) Otherwise I'm baffled.

Loving the proposed water resource stuff!!

Also, disabling the automatic charging for the Alcubierre drive is great, thanks. I just spent an eternity trying to figure out why I had 0MJ despite an antimatter reactor...turns out the damn Alcubierre drive was running :sticktongue:

Edited by John Crichton

Hey everybody,

Ship is doing something odd with two Vista engines on it.

They both fire fine for a while. Then one decides to throttle back by roughly 100kN, while the other stays firing at 1100kN for no apparent reason. I have enough fuel, enough tritium, enough deteurium, enough power (upgraded 3.75 fusion reactor, KTEC on one end, direct conversion on its other end) both generators are on, the fusion reactor is on, megajoules are full, charged particles are full, waste heat is like 1%. Thrust isn't limited below 100%. I am baffled as to whats causing this.

This is probably due to a known bug with the detection of the supply available to direct conversion generators. If you attempt this with only KTEC generators, you'll probably find it doesn't happen.

In any case, this bug is already fixed ready for the next update.