[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

WOW i tried your warp drive when it first come out and i was impressed with it and then put it a side to get used to the game and just recently tried your mod again and i have to say WOW great work so much content and lots of sexy parts, but was a bit of a learning curve to get the parts to work.

Keep it up, the direction your taking your mod seems to be a good one.

Would the .dll crash stuff if that was all that's included? Or maybe complain that it's missing a stack of other config files? If not then great! Do I need to worry about other "interstellar" changes the DLL might have an a game, even without all the parts?

You should be fine with just the plugins folder and the science.cfg in the warpplugin folder. Without any of the other parts the plugin will load into memory and then just sit there and do nothing as there's nothing around to call the modules it handles. Science.cfg is the module manager patch that converts the seismometer into the impact experiment. If you really wanted to you could tweek it to redirect the functionality to some other part as well. Just be aware that the experiment takes a huge amount of power to transmit. Its trivial with a tiny reactor on bord but you need a rather large battery capacity or alot of power generation to transmit without.

Perhaps I'll try and make that a target but this thread moves so fast sometimes, that could happen before I blink! You're right though, it's pretty incredible how Interstellar has ballooned far beyond what I could possibly have imagined. You can probably see from the change of pace recently that it's proving difficult for me to keep up, though that's as much because of my recent change in work but hopefully we can maintain the momentum going forward - right now I have a load of really cool half-finished features but at least that means half the work is done!
Nice to hear. Is there also some bugfixing included?

You should be fine with just the plugins folder and the science.cfg in the warpplugin folder. Without any of the other parts the plugin will load into memory and then just sit there and do nothing as there's nothing around to call the modules it handles. Science.cfg is the module manager patch that converts the seismometer into the impact experiment. If you really wanted to you could tweek it to redirect the functionality to some other part as well. Just be aware that the experiment takes a huge amount of power to transmit. Its trivial with a tiny reactor on bord but you need a rather large battery capacity or alot of power generation to transmit without.

OK - doesn't work and rather than persist, I'll leave it there as I don't want to push for something that it's clearly not designed for. The Interstellar mod is supposed to me installed fully and I'm well aware that's not what I'm attempting.

Reason it doesn't work is the ksp.log file advises that it's missing a dependency. The output_log.txt advises specifically that it'd due to 'OpenResourceSystem' missing. I tried adding that in too but upon loading the space center scene, Interstellar advised it's missing files. As mentioned above, good attempt, but no point pushing it.

Thanks for the help in the attempt though.

Edited by wile1411

I don't know how these charts were made, but someone on here posted them a while ago.

Spoilers!

http://imgur.com/a/g313g#0

Whoa, post #10,000. Congrats guys. Very impressive.

Edit: Why doesn't the "

http://imgur.com/a/g313g[*/imgur]" but without the "*" right?

I donno dude, it never worked for me. Anyway, I finally got off my butt in the spirit of 1000 pages and 10,000 posts to update those charts with some helpful suggestions from the forum. Here's the set, let me know if you see any issues.

[imgur]EMOIX">http://imgur.com/a/g313g[*/imgur]" but without the "*" right?

Edited by DrNuke
Grammar

Howdy. I've been on a part purge kick recently thanks to discovering Procedural Parts which lets me dump all the crappy and bloated stock and mod-packed fuel tanks and whatnot, but since PP doesn't have a config file for Interstellar stuff I decided to whip one up. I'm guessing there's got to be at least a few other folks who run PP+Interstellar, so this might be useful for anyone who's wanted modular in-line tanks for resources:

PART:NEEDS[Launchpad]
{
// --- general parameters ---
name = proceduralTankInterstellar
module = Part
author = AncientGammoner, NathanKell, Swamp Ig, OtherBarry

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
model = ProceduralParts/Parts/cylinderTank
scale = 1,1,1
}
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
node_stack_top=0,0.5,0,0,1,0,1
node_stack_bottom=0,-0.5,0,0,-1,0,1
node_attach=0,0,0.5,0,0,-1,1

// --- editor parameters ---
cost = 4000
TechRequired = nuclearPropulsion
entryCost = 4000
category = Propulsion
subcategory = 0
title = Procedural Interstellar Tank
manufacturer = Kerbchem Industries
description = Made from viscoelastic nanopolymers (which were discovered by accident... growing in the back of the office mini-fridge) this fuel tank can be stretched to accommodate rocket construction materials in a range of sizes and shapes. Hardens to a rigid structure before launch!

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.2
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 3
crashTolerance = 6
breakingForce = 300
breakingTorque = 300
maxTemp = 2900

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralPart

TECHLIMIT {
name = survivability
diameterMin = 0.1
diameterMax = 1.5
lengthMin = 0.1
lengthMax = 0.5
volumeMin = 0.1
volumeMax = 1.0
}

TECHLIMIT {
name = advRocketry
diameterMax = 3.0
volumeMax = 15.0
lengthMax = 5.0
}

TECHLIMIT {
// Make everything unlimited for metaMaterials
name = metaMaterials
diameterMin = 0.01
diameterMax = Infinity
lengthMin = 0.01
lengthMax = Infinity
volumeMin = 0.01
volumeMax = Infinity
}
}
MODULE
{
name = ProceduralShapeCylinder
displayName = Cylinder
techRequired = start

length = 1.0
diameter = 1.25
}
MODULE
{
name = ProceduralShapeCone
displayName = Cone
techRequired = generalConstruction

length = 1.0
topDiameter = 0.625
bottomDiameter = 1.25
}
MODULE
{
name = ProceduralShapePill
displayName = Fillet Cylinder
techRequired = advConstruction

length = 1.0
diameter = 1.25
fillet = 0.25
}
MODULE
{
name = ProceduralShapeBezierCone
displayName = Smooth Cone
techRequired = advConstruction

length = 1.0
topDiameter = 0.625
bottomDiameter = 1.25
}
MODULE
{
name = TankContentSwitcher
useVolume = true

TANK_TYPE_OPTION
{
name = Deuterium
// This is the dry mass of the tank per kL of volume.
dryDensity = 0.15
RESOURCE
{
name = Deuterium
unitsPerKL = 200
}
}

TANK_TYPE_OPTION
{
name = Tritium
dryDensity = 0.15

RESOURCE
{
name = Tritium
unitsPerKL = 200
forceEmpty = true
}
}

TANK_TYPE_OPTION
{
name = Deuterium-Tritium
dryDensity = 0.15
RESOURCE
{
name = Deuterium
unitsPerKL = 100
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Tritium
unitsPerKL = 100
forceEmpty = true
}
}

TANK_TYPE_OPTION
{
name = Helium-3
dryDensity = 0.15
RESOURCE
{
name = Helium-3
unitsPerKL = 200
forceEmpty = true
}
}

TANK_TYPE_OPTION
{
name = Lithium
dryDensity = 0.15
RESOURCE
{
name = Lithium
unitsPerKL = 1000
}
}

TANK_TYPE_OPTION
{
name = Thorium Tetrafluoride
dryDensity = 0.15
RESOURCE
{
name = ThF4
unitsPerKL = 800
}
}

TANK_TYPE_OPTION
{
name = Uranium Tetrafluoride
dryDensity = 0.15
RESOURCE
{
name = UF4
unitsPerKL = 800
}
}

TANK_TYPE_OPTION
{
name = Uranium Nitride
dryDensity = 0.15
RESOURCE
{
name = UraniumNitride
unitsPerKL = 10
}
}
}
}

It's a bit shaky and relies on a lot of eyeballed guesstimations (I'm guessing the radial tanks are .625x3m, rounding to 1,000 liters for simplicity) and doesn't yet have some of the other stuff like argon, ammonia, methane/methalox and water, but I figure this might be of interest for anyone who prefers in-line tanks instead of radial or wants to ship a crapton of stuff without a billion parts.

Aren't some of those resources only available through ISRU? It would be cheating if they'd be in the VAB.

He's using a "forceEmpty" option on those resources, so theres no problem i guess :wink:.

TANK_TYPE_OPTION {

name = Helium-3

dryDensity = 0.15

RESOURCE

{

name = Helium-3

unitsPerKL = 200

--> forceEmpty = true

}

}

How come interstellar always insists there is a new tech tree? The box pops up every single time I play, and even if I tell it to update and restart, it just comes back again!

Sounds like a mod conflict, missing a dependent or bad install.

How come interstellar always insists there is a new tech tree? The box pops up every single time I play, and even if I tell it to update and restart, it just comes back again!

Just ignore it then, I guess.

As a question: can I rename the LqdWater and LqdMethane resources in the ResourcesNuclear.cfg file to just Water and Methane? I want them to be the same resources as used in the ECLSS mod to avoid complication. Or will I have to edit much more than that?

Just ignore it then, I guess.

As a question: can I rename the LqdWater and LqdMethane resources in the ResourcesNuclear.cfg file to just Water and Methane? I want them to be the same resources as used in the ECLSS mod to avoid complication. Or will I have to edit much more than that?

Open the WarpPluginSettings.cfg file in GameData\WarpPlugin and change

MethaneResourceName = LqdMethane
ArgonResourceName = Argon
WaterResourceName = LqdWater

to

MethaneResourceName = Methane
WaterResourceName = Water

Quick question: It seems there's a Collider thing that causes my computer to almost freeze whenever i crash into a planet...

My output log filled with a lot of these:

[KSP Interstellar] Handling Impactor

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

[KSP Interstellar] Impactor: Ignored due to vessel being brand-new debris.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

Is this a known problem ?

Is there a way to force all parts that use intake air to instead use intakeatmosphere like the interstellar stuff? The two never even match up anyway, or would I have to go through all my part configs and change all of them?

You can always copy the tree.cfg in the WarpPlugin folder and use it to replace the tree.cfg in your save game folder. Works for me.

I installed Interstellar and I can't find some parts in my game. I can't seem to find some things like the Inline Refinery or Microwave Tranciever. I was using the main download to download the files, and I've tried redownloading and reinstalling multiple times, but I can't seem to fix it. I installed it in this path Steamapps/common/KSP/Gamedata (The vanilla one, not the one included with the mod)/Mods (I put the folders inside of the Gamedata inside my custom mods folder/WarpPlugin, Treeloader and OpenResourcesystem.

Had a little issue with the Aluminum Hybrid Rocket today. Apparently it reverted one of the models back to the standard booster size when I used time warp.uuxdDs8.png

Edited by Rizendell

Open the WarpPluginSettings.cfg file in GameData\WarpPlugin and change

MethaneResourceName = LqdMethane
WaterResourceName = LqdWater

to

MethaneResourceName = Methane
WaterResourceName = Water

I'm assuming this changes all LqdWater dependencies in other files to Water (likewise for Methane)?

Plus I think the Refineries are... Kind of overpowered, if you could say that. They do everything. They have so many different uses it makes them almost unbelievably useful. Maybe it would be better to split up their functionalities into different modules, so players may have to choose between having module X or Y.

So im thinking about downloading this, but I am also mainly a sandbox player. Is this career oriented (do I have unlimited antimatter and such in sandbox) or do I still need to collect things and upgrade things in sandbox?

I installed Interstellar and I can't find some parts in my game. I can't seem to find some things like the Inline Refinery or Microwave Tranciever. I was using the main download to download the files, and I've tried redownloading and reinstalling multiple times, but I can't seem to fix it. I installed it in this path Steamapps/common/KSP/Gamedata (The vanilla one, not the one included with the mod)/Mods (I put the folders inside of the Gamedata inside my custom mods folder/WarpPlugin, Treeloader and OpenResourcesystem.

It is quite possible that some of the plugins care about the folder structure of how they're installed (i.e., putting them inside a separate Mods folder inside GameData like you said you did can cause them to stop working). Try moving them up to the main GameData directory and see if it works any better.

So im thinking about downloading this, but I am also mainly a sandbox player. Is this career oriented (do I have unlimited antimatter and such in sandbox) or do I still need to collect things and upgrade things in sandbox?

All technologies will be available and fully upgraded in Sandbox mode, but resources that are unavailable in the VAB must still be collected (namely antimatter and helium-3). Microwave power networks will also need to be set up manually, since those consist of actual vessels.

Edited by ArcFurnace

Upgrades cost science and there is no science in sandbox mode so I imagine you should be able to just go and do everything right out of the box.

Upgrades cost science and there is no science in sandbox mode so I imagine you should be able to just go and do everything right out of the box.

Almost everything is upgraded in sandbox. I believe only the computer core and warp drive require science to upgrade in sandbox. thankfully, neither those upgrades are a big deal to go without.