[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

I'm always wary of doing cfg edits because I lose the transferability of my designs among other mod users, but I may make an exception in this case.

You can't use a ModuleManager script to distribute with your designs? Sorry, not entirely sure what cfg changes you're making but MM should have you covered.

Hi!

I have a question. It seems that I am not able to power the science lab. I do have a working reactor that is producing power (and lots of heat), but the science lab is not powered. On the wiki I read "Generators and thermal rockets MUST be attached directly to a reactor in order to function", does this also applies to the science lab and/or refineries?

My current station:

L6tJ7pS.jpg

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Hi!

I have a question. It seems that I am not able to power the science lab. I do have a working reactor that is producing power (and lots of heat), but the science lab is not powered. On the wiki I read "Generators and thermal rockets MUST be attached directly to a reactor in order to function", does this also applies to the science lab and/or refineries?

My current station:

http://i.imgur.com/L6tJ7pS.jpg

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

You don't have a generator attached to your reactor. Reactors generate thermal power and/or charged particles. You need a generator attached to such a source to convert either or both of those sources into MJs (power).

See my video tutorials, they should get you up to speed.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

I was wondering if there is a way to add a propellant to any of the multi prop engines (Attila, Thermals). I am using several mods that add Water storage into the game, but these use special water, which is annoying. I want to be able to use any water container that I have access to, or be able to add my own resources for propellant from other mods. Is there any way I can modify configs or use MM to do it? I was looking at the config for the thermal and I only see the LFO defined, not any of the others.

I was wondering if there is a way to add a propellant to any of the multi prop engines (Attila, Thermals). I am using several mods that add Water storage into the game, but these use special water, which is annoying. I want to be able to use any water container that I have access to, or be able to add my own resources for propellant from other mods. Is there any way I can modify configs or use MM to do it? I was looking at the config for the thermal and I only see the LFO defined, not any of the others.

There are config files for the engine propellants. enginepropellants.cfg and electricenginepropellants.cfg, for the thermal engines and electric engines respectively.

There are config files for the engine propellants. enginepropellants.cfg and electricenginepropellants.cfg, for the thermal engines and electric engines respectively.

oh thank you so much. That will make life so much easier.

Dres is by far the most dangerous place in the kerbol system, in some places i was getting 2sv a HOUR!

or 11 ksv a year...

Why is dres the radioactive space potato?

Someone left it in the microwave too long ;)

but seriously - consider that of the atronomical bodies that lack atmospheres, Dres is the closest to the sun that lacks a magnetic field with certainty (come on, it's basically Ceres), and also is not orbiting a body that possesses such a field that might provide some protection. Dres may not be the worst though - has anyone a nice graph of sv readings? maybe we could compare it to the antimatter flux charts for math fun.

I'm noticing thjat mechjeb has trouble with managing/noticing the actual thrusts of the KSPI moduled engines. Is there a fix for this?

No, mechjeb can't predict the variable thrust values accurately. It works fine enough to launches, but anything require finesse with make mechjeb go crazy. Like the way thermal nozzles will nearly always crash when attempting to land, it doesn't predict the lower thrust due to atmospheric pressure.

No, mechjeb can't predict the variable thrust values accurately. It works fine enough to launches, but anything require finesse with make mechjeb go crazy. Like the way thermal nozzles will nearly always crash when attempting to land, it doesn't predict the lower thrust due to atmospheric pressure.

And additionally it has no way of accounting for the varying power levels you might be receiving if you're using the microwave thermal receivers, or your reactor throttles with reduced power demands. I don't know if there's an easy fix for this, as much of the behavior that controls multifuel engines is in the plugin and not using the stock game engine (i.e., it's not as simple as a stock rocket's "fuel goes in, oxidizer goes in, thrust comes out" equation.) It's possible Sarbian could work some code magic for a future release, but I think we'd have to beg real hard.

The computer core part throws a

Argument cannot be null, Parameter name: s

when loading KSP that causes the stuck-on-loading thing.

I removed that part [changed the extension from cfg to txt so it is ignored]. So far loaded fine. Started a career mode, so I haven't seen any interstellar parts yet, but the modules *claim* they correctly loaded.