[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

If you're working so hard to implement Tweakscale, can we maybe expect the antimatter collector to finally scale with size? The current implementation with tweakscale doesn't and I find that slightly maddening.

It will indeed. All parts that should scale will scale appropriately.

It's been a problem for a long long time, and something Fractal never seemed interested in fixing. It seems that FAR sees the deployed size of the part regardless of its state making them extremely hard to handle. I haven't tested but I suspect NEAR does the same.

Ferram says it's been fixed. So, IDK.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

Ferram says it's been fixed. So, IDK.

Hm. It was a long-standing problem which I have not tested recently because it always resulted in death and I have been playing an 'ironman' style career which means no reverting. Not that I don't believe Ferram but I will test it out once you release the new version.

Hm. It was a long-standing problem which I have not tested recently because it always resulted in death and I have been playing an 'ironman' style career which means no reverting. Not that I don't believe Ferram but I will test it out once you release the new version.

This was fixed a while ago, there is still going to be drag if you try to launch a rocket with either of the 2 larger microwave dishes on a craft, if you stuck a wing flat ontop of the rocket it would do the same thing. But you can safely stick them inside fairings and FAR will treat the large folding one like it is closed unless you decide to open it in atmo(good luck...).

I want to have pre-release up by the weekend, but no promises. Release hopefully a week after that to let people tell me how much I screwed up.

Wow, that's great news! I have just started to play around with this mod in its current state, but everything seems to be falling apart :( I was surprised there was no mention of 0.24 in the main post, but now I see someone else is working hard to get this working again. Thank you for your dedication :)

So I decided to make sure it was still working properly so I used the stock Kerbal 2 rocket and removed the chute and added the large folding transmitter to it. And launched at full thrust.

Stock = 17410m

Transmitter closed = 12770m

Transmitter open = 3140m

Also....

The transmitter also makes a good emergency chute.

vYBqimW.png

So I decided to make sure it was still working properly so I used the stock Kerbal 2 rocket and removed the chute and added the large folding transmitter to it. And launched at full thrust.

Stock = 17410m

Transmitter closed = 12770m

Transmitter open = 3140m

Also....

The transmitter also makes a good emergency chute.

http://i.imgur.com/vYBqimW.png

Wow thats a cool thing to know, after what Atrius129 said about using two of these transceivers to both transmit and relay my network, i feel better about my design of craft (i do a silly amount of planning before putting anything into orbit)

Also, as WaveFunctionP said about so many things changing, i might just hold off putting my near Kerbol solar transmitters in place until the new mod is out, i dont wanna have to relaunch everything:D

Thanks guys for your help so far!

BTW: do donations on the githhub page, for this project, go to fractal or WaveFunctionP now? if im going to donate something I wanna know its going to the right person...

THanks in advance :P

EDIT: Sorry, wasnt Github, but cant remember where i saw it, i just want to make a small donation of some bottle caps to the man maintaining this mod.:wink:

Edited by Gecko99

I've been meaning to mention it, but a word of warning for the next version. Every part is changing so all kspi vessels will break. I hate to do it, but there is so many changes that the vessels won't likely operate the way they were designed anyway. The good news is that the parts will be much more rational now. And there are more useful parts, but MUCH less cluster in the VAB

Thats fine although might I suggest you leave a "Legacy" version up for a while in case folks come back to the game with a 23.5 save in progress so they can have a working version that does not break their ships right away? Not saying you need to support or update it from this point out, just leave it up so there's a basic 24 compatible patch for the old version around. Kinda like how some mods have old versions still avalible for download if folks want to use an outdated version for some reason.

I think this thread should be locked until Fractal requests for it to be unlocked again when he's back and Wave should start his own thread for the fork he's made that's now the only version working in 0.24.x. Using this one is confusing for new users as they need to search a bit before finding out what's going on around here.

Thats fine although might I suggest you leave a "Legacy" version up for a while in case folks come back to the game with a 23.5 save in progress so they can have a working version that does not break their ships right away? Not saying you need to support or update it from this point out, just leave it up so there's a basic 24 compatible patch for the old version around. Kinda like how some mods have old versions still avalible for download if folks want to use an outdated version for some reason.

I plan on keeping the old version up for a while to allow players to install the old parts.

I think this thread should be locked until Fractal requests for it to be unlocked again when he's back and Wave should start his own thread for the fork he's made that's now the only version working in 0.24.x. Using this one is confusing for new users as they need to search a bit before finding out what's going on around here.

Agreed. I'm sort of new player to KSPI and it's hard to search all thread to find a link or an anwser to a question.

Is the wiki outdated? I was reading up on reactors and the wiki says that Dusty Plasma Reactors are supposed to be less efficient but more powerful and lighter than Gas Core Reactors. However when I look at the stats in the VAB the Gas Core Reactors have a much higher core temp. I thought higher core temp meant better TWR in a nuclear thermal rocket. Am I missing something?

Edit: Nevermind. I just watched Wavefunction's video. The verdict? "These things are useless" hahaha.

Edited by The Pink Ranger

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting this mod to work.

After I have rename the gamedata folder to_old and replace it with the one from the .zip, the game freezes on loading. It always does it when it is loading engines.

This is the error portion from the ksp log file:

[LOG 20:06:13.162] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/WarpDrive/WarpDrive/WarpDrive'

[LOG 20:06:13.174] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/WarpDrive/WarpDrive2/WarpDrive2'

[LOG 20:06:13.187] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/WarpDrive/WarpDrive3/WarpDrive3'

[LOG 20:06:13.200] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Engines/AluminiumHybrid/part/AluminiumHybrid1'

[ERR 20:06:13.201] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'Squad/Parts/Engine/solidBooster/model' as model does not exist

[ERR 20:06:13.202] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 20:06:13.203] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 20:06:13.204] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 20:06:13.205] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Engines/MPD/part0/smallerMPD'

[LOG 20:06:13.222] LiquidFuel not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

[EXC 20:06:13.226] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I'm running steam 0.23.5 with KER 0.6.2.4 only

Thanks for any help,

Bolter

hey all,

I dont know if this is an established problem, but when downloading the latest interstellar with the latest ksp none of my parts work correctly, they dont have mass and my other parts fall through them, and they shoot fuel down and at right angles at all times. Any fix or info on what to do? I have followed the instructions and tinkered with it as much as possible.

Thanks

hey all,

I dont know if this is an established problem, but when downloading the latest interstellar with the latest ksp none of my parts work correctly, they dont have mass and my other parts fall through them, and they shoot fuel down and at right angles at all times. Any fix or info on what to do? I have followed the instructions and tinkered with it as much as possible.

Thanks

Did you download Wave's version? https://github.com/WaveFunctionP/KSPInterstellar/releases

I just tried that version with only this mod installed and i keep getting stuck on the loading screen at the same point, the loading hints keep scrolling so the game doesnt lock up or crash so there is no crash report.

"WarpPlugin\Parts\Engines\AugmentedArcjet\part0\FNSmallerAugmentedArcjet"

2014-08-15_00001_zps6a039d7c.jpg

as you can see it only the mod files that are in that download that is installed

Untitled2_zps7b73c038.jpg

can anyone tell me how to fix this?

windows 7 x64 running ksp 0.24.2 x64