[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

I have the exact same issue. I checked for multiple KSPIExtensions and while i did find two the problem persisted after i deleted one. Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

You need to install WaveFunctionP's Experimetal version. Make sure you delete Treeloader, WarpPlugin, and ORS first.

The code snippet I've posted is not for engine. It makes a part it's added to a heat pump. You can make a fin\grill, add this module to it & attach it to the heating engine.

Making some changes in the config you can make any engine as cold you your X's heart.

I think that the realfuels download comes bundled with a heat fin with that module

You need to install WaveFunctionP's Experimetal version. Make sure you delete Treeloader, WarpPlugin, and ORS first.

Thanks, that fixed it. I actually downloaded WaveFunctionP's version but like an idiot I then deleted it from the downloads folder and reinstalled the older version.

Thanks Atrius for the help.

And thanks WaveFunctionP for the work done on the mod.

Wave, you can alt-click on the part under others to copy the whole stack (for the octagonal struts you were placing just now) and in the group editor you can also hold alt to select multiple parts and they'll get added to the list on the right for easier assignment to groups.

Hello,

I have a couple of questions that I haven't been able to answer using the thread search function. Maybe someone can give me a definitive answer.

1- how do you transfer the collected/generated antimatter to where you want to use it?

I've watched several youtube tutorials about antimatter collection/generation, but even Scott Manley fails to tell you what happens after. He simply lands his space plane and henceforth all his AM needs are fulfilled. How exactly is the AM from labs/collectors get to the reactors and tanks on the VAB? Do you simply recover a vessel that has AM on it, an it is added to the AM tanks in the VAB. Do you need to make a vehicle, like a fuel tanker, to take the AM from its collector/generator, then dock somehow with the craft you're trying to fuel?

2- Is the research in the science lab working correctly?

At first it seemed promising, but after landing a lab both in Minmus and the Mun, I'm getting about 0.67 science a day from each. They are both fully powered >5MW, and they both have the lowest stupidity Kerbals that I could find crewing them. Looking at the table on the Interstellar wiki, Minmus and the Mun have a multiplier of 5 (landed) yet I can expect something like 240 science a YEAR from each. Even if I put labs and crews on Eloo/Moho which have the max multiplier of 40 (landed) you'd only get about 2k science a YEAR. At this levels of research, I don't find the lab to be useful at all in the research role. It would be way more useful if it told you which planet/biome you're missing which instrument data from. That way you could get the same 2k science in weeks at most instead of years.

Thank you for any help,

Bolter

Hello,

I have a couple of questions that I haven't been able to answer using the thread search function. Maybe someone can give me a definitive answer.

1- how do you transfer the collected/generated antimatter to where you want to use it?

I've watched several youtube tutorials about antimatter collection/generation, but even Scott Manley fails to tell you what happens after. He simply lands his space plane and henceforth all his AM needs are fulfilled. How exactly is the AM from labs/collectors get to the reactors and tanks on the VAB? Do you simply recover a vessel that has AM on it, an it is added to the AM tanks in the VAB. Do you need to make a vehicle, like a fuel tanker, to take the AM from its collector/generator, then dock somehow with the craft you're trying to fuel?

2- Is the research in the science lab working correctly?

At first it seemed promising, but after landing a lab both in Minmus and the Mun, I'm getting about 0.67 science a day from each. They are both fully powered >5MW, and they both have the lowest stupidity Kerbals that I could find crewing them. Looking at the table on the Interstellar wiki, Minmus and the Mun have a multiplier of 5 (landed) yet I can expect something like 240 science a YEAR from each. Even if I put labs and crews on Eloo/Moho which have the max multiplier of 40 (landed) you'd only get about 2k science a YEAR. At this levels of research, I don't find the lab to be useful at all in the research role. It would be way more useful if it told you which planet/biome you're missing which instrument data from. That way you could get the same 2k science in weeks at most instead of years.

Thank you for any help,

Bolter

1- Philotical made a great mod allowing you to recover any resource you want while a ship is landed on a planet. I previously was using a fuel rover next to the launch pad to store the resources but that is long and tedious.

Scott Manley actually said in one video that he cheated the AM and He-3, probably using tweakables.

2- It is working fine as far as I know. To see completed science, go to the science tree and the top should have a tab that will give you the info you are looking for.

Fractural left the development to Wavefunction? or WFP is just doing a fix for 24.2?

Wave's experimental branch has existed for a while before 0.24. Fractal comes and goes, so Wave just happened to be around to update his branch before Fractal updated his. There hasn't been any permanent change announced, and Wave will probably keep maintaining his branch just like he did before even if Fractal emerges with an update.

So, in a nutshell, "official" is in the eye of the beholder right now.

1- Philotical made a great mod allowing you to recover any resource you want while a ship is landed on a planet. I previously was using a fuel rover next to the launch pad to store the resources but that is long and tedious.

Scott Manley actually said in one video that he cheated the AM and He-3, probably using tweakables. /QUOTE]

That's sorta cheaty, one of the qualities of Antimatter [storage units] is that it explodes if you don't feed it electricity.

Scott Manley actually said in one video that he cheated the AM and He-3, probably using tweakables. /QUOTE]

That's sorta cheaty, one of the qualities of Antimatter [storage units] is that it explodes if you don't feed it electricity.

I think the idea is that the space center has electricity of its own. Besides, it's Antimatter. If you wanna talk about cheaty, you are using antimatter. Sometimes to drive engines that are far mare powerful then stock engines. Then there is the Alc. drive. By that logic, pretty much every mod is "cheaty".

Scott Manley actually said in one video that he cheated the AM and He-3, probably using tweakables.

It sounds like recovering a craft does not add the resources to the VAB, and that refueling vehicles is impractical at this time.

Where can I edit my accrued AM into the VAB?

Thanks for the help,

Bolter

It seems the Thermal Helper is wildly inaccurate and the radiators don't work nearly as well as their descriptions say they should.

I designed a ship that according to the helper generates a total of about 55 MW of heat (kiwi reactor with ThF4). I added enough radiators to cover 1.21 GW of heat dissipation (64 of the small foldout radiators). I know that's 22 times the heat dissipation the helper said I needed, but this is a beamed power and relay satellite that has plasma engines for orbit corrections. So I figured with all the power that will be going thru the relays once I get several of these in orbit, I'd need more dissipation. Plus I went with 1.21 GW for the Back to the Future reference.

The reason I say the Thermal Helper is wildly inaccurate is once I launched this satellite and got it into orbit with all the radiators deployed, generator running, engines shutdown and none of the transceivers activated I was still generating about 50 waste heat per second. A 22 times the dissipation needed I shouldn't be having any waste heat build up, yet this ship is already near 10% of its huge waste heat capacity and that's already enough to have reduced the efficiency of the generator. Of course when I run the engines or activate the transceivers the waste heat generation rate climbs. Currently the orbit of this satellite is at 750km ap and 80km pe with plans to go to a geostationary orbit, but even to just circularize at the current ap is going to take several hours of running the engines. This is the first satellite of the power beaming network, so it only has its own power generation available to run the plasma engines. It has 3 engines for center of mass balancing so I could have a docking port for maintenance and to add more radiators if necessary.

This is before getting any of the techs to upgrade the radiators, generators or reactors. Even at this tech level it shouldn't take such a huge number of these radiators for the 2nd smallest reactor to function without such a high waste heat generation rate. Especially when you consider the inline radiators aren't as good as the foldout radiators and the radial radiators are even worse. At this rate, what's it going to take to run the largest reactor with a completed tech tree, 1000 of the largest radiators?

At this point I'm thinking it might be better to just disable the waste heat setting in the cfg file and hope a future version of the mod has a much more reasonable balance of number of radiators needed.

It seems the Thermal Helper is wildly inaccurate and the radiators don't work nearly as well as their descriptions say they should.

I designed a ship that according to the helper generates a total of about 55 MW of heat (kiwi reactor with ThF4). I added enough radiators to cover 1.21 GW of heat dissipation (64 of the small foldout radiators). I know that's 22 times the heat dissipation the helper said I needed, but this is a beamed power and relay satellite that has plasma engines for orbit corrections. So I figured with all the power that will be going thru the relays once I get several of these in orbit, I'd need more dissipation. Plus I went with 1.21 GW for the Back to the Future reference.

The reason I say the Thermal Helper is wildly inaccurate is once I launched this satellite and got it into orbit with all the radiators deployed, generator running, engines shutdown and none of the transceivers activated I was still generating about 50 waste heat per second. A 22 times the dissipation needed I shouldn't be having any waste heat build up, yet this ship is already near 10% of its huge waste heat capacity and that's already enough to have reduced the efficiency of the generator. Of course when I run the engines or activate the transceivers the waste heat generation rate climbs. Currently the orbit of this satellite is at 750km ap and 80km pe with plans to go to a geostationary orbit, but even to just circularize at the current ap is going to take several hours of running the engines. This is the first satellite of the power beaming network, so it only has its own power generation available to run the plasma engines. It has 3 engines for center of mass balancing so I could have a docking port for maintenance and to add more radiators if necessary.

This is before getting any of the techs to upgrade the radiators, generators or reactors. Even at this tech level it shouldn't take such a huge number of these radiators for the 2nd smallest reactor to function without such a high waste heat generation rate. Especially when you consider the inline radiators aren't as good as the foldout radiators and the radial radiators are even worse. At this rate, what's it going to take to run the largest reactor with a completed tech tree, 1000 of the largest radiators?

At this point I'm thinking it might be better to just disable the waste heat setting in the cfg file and hope a future version of the mod has a much more reasonable balance of number of radiators needed.

Radiators work by radiating off more energy than they are absorbing. In order to do that, they need to have a certain temperature. So they first need to build up some waste heat, in order to increase the amount radiated. At some point they will reach equilibrium, because they are warm enough to radiate the same amount of heat they are taking from the reactor. You will never get to 0 waste heat while you have some heat source on your vessel, even a small solar panel will give you some waste heat until the radiators reach equilibrium.

For that very reason you will never get the full efficiency out of your thermal generators, which is why people use the charged particle generator instead for later reactor types. It's just thermodynamics, that's how the physics work.

Edit: The thermal helper should have told you a "radiator resting temperature" and a "generator resting efficiency" or something like that, which gives you the numbers at equilibrium point.

Edited by Alvin853

Thanks for keeping this mod updated. The new warp drive model is really nice and much needed. It's exotic look really adds to the aesthetics of vehicles. This is an Arwing (Starfox) I just made.

screenshot53a-1.png

I would beg you though not to make major changes to parts. This mod has already gone through that painful phase months ago. Fractal has obviously already thought hard on the specifications for the various parts. I use this mod almost exclusively now, and I have many ships. I just rebuilt most of them for .24 and then for the changes in Infernal Robotics. I am even working on multiple vehicles for the next release based on KSPI. If you are intent on doing this, perhaps you can change the name of the mod, or maintain a KSPI "classic". I can see the need for tweakscale, but TWR changes don't make sense. With some experience with this mod, you can build anything you can imagine already, from large to small.

Hello guys i was wondering of this mod is gona update to the 0.24 version

I love this mod

Yes. WaveFunctionP is currently working toward a pre-release of his new version. You can download his experimental version, but keep in mind, his new one changes all the parts so it might be worth it to wait for v.12 if you aren't too far along on your tree.

You can find the current v.11 here: https://github.com/WaveFunctionP/KSPInterstellar/releases

Jason_25, Wave has already said 0.12 will break saves because from what I saw from his stream, he's using Tweakscale now to reduce clutter (thank you!) and part names have changed as well.

Is 0.12 update only about moving to TweakScale or some more important fixes done?

so its interstellar soo... it could be posible to have something like cryo pods( for life support mods) that froze kerbal that he dot use resousers (and cant pilot ship)

it will be futuristic like other parts of thiese mod have anybody think about it?