[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

I am trying to produce a little antimatter to run an antimatter initiated reactor, but I don't have particle accelerators unlocked yet, so I can't build AM collectors.

So I am trying to use the "antimatter factory" function of the science labs, but it always has 0% efficiency. I tried it on the ground and in space. I have two fully-powered science labs running around the clock, with fully-powered, empty antimatter containers attached to them, but I'm not getting a single microgram of antimatter ;.;

First step: What version of KSP and what version of Interstellar? Just to rule out compatibility issues.

Second, there are hidden upgrades to the antimatter factory at Particle Accelerators and again at Antimatter Power. Each upgrade increases your efficiency by a factor of 100. If you don't have either, your efficiency is 1/10,000 of what it is in sandbox, which may well round to zero.

First step: What version of KSP and what version of Interstellar? Just to rule out compatibility issues.

Second, there are hidden upgrades to the antimatter factory at Particle Accelerators and again at Antimatter Power. Each upgrade increases your efficiency by a factor of 100. If you don't have either, your efficiency is 1/10,000 of what it is in sandbox, which may well round to zero.

KSP is version 0.23.5.464

And it looks like Intersteller is version 0.11.0, but I'm not exactly sure how to check. I just got that from the changelog.txt in the WarpPlugin folder.

I also figured that maybe it was just producing antimatter really slowly, so I time accelerated and left them both running for several day, and they still had zero antimatter.

Ok we need a little more information.

First what version of KSP are you useing? .23.x or .24.x, 32 bit or 64 bit?

Next when does the game crash? what does it do? can you post your output log?

Specifically what version of the mods do you have? some mods have both dev and release threads, sometimes the dev threads are no longer used, like in MKS, if you download the one from the dev thread you willl have much sadness.

Improper ORS dlls and duplicate resource keys is a know cause of sadness, both MKS and KSP-I use ORS, make sure to use the one from KSP-I, MKS will run with it.

If you are running .23 or the 32bit version of .24 then there is essentially a limit to the number of mods you can use, since the game is only able to access 4GBs of RAM, so mods that have allot of parts and HD textures use allot of RAM, like B9. There are ways to mitigate this though; Mods like Active Texture Management will compress and help manage textures and can enable you to run lots and lots of modes, I run the aggressive version on my 32 bit game, the KSP folder is just at 4GBs, it loads over 1900 MM patches at start up, aside from taking forever to load it runs fantastically on my 3 year old laptop and I'm sure there are people running way more stuff than me. :D

Hey Akira, I want to thank you for responding to my question. I know its been roughly a week (I'm terrible at keeping track of forum posts), I invested a lot of time researching potential causes of my game crashing and ultimately got it to work. Once I popped Active Texture Management in there, everything started up like a charm (after a lengthy load process of course) and have since added a number of other mods to enhance my gameplay. As a result, I've been spending a lot of time playing and trying to master kerbonautics. Slowly but surely I've progressed, at times with a very high risk of causing sudden traumatic hairloss.

The mods I have added I ensured were compatible with .24 prior to booting up and those that did not specifically call-out the version, I tried to dig through comments to see if someone else asked and answered the question of compatibility. Lastly, the lengthy process of booting up the game with the new mod added (1 at a time) to make sure I know which mod broke what (if at all) and I have had no issues!

I purchased the game via steam and suspect it loaded the most up-to-date version of .24 but I'm not entirely sure how to determine whether its 32 or 64 bit. Am I just not seeing a tooltip or menu or something somewhere?

Is Interstellar able to handle singlepart reactor-generator combinations?

I have to reduce partcount and weld together as many parts as possible, and that included Reactor and Generator of the same size.

I edited the modules in the part.cfg to have matching radius and correct values for usage and resource amounts, but as soon as I proceed to launch, I get the message that no reactor would be available.

Is Interstellar able to handle singlepart reactor-generator combinations?

I have to reduce partcount and weld together as many parts as possible, and that included Reactor and Generator of the same size.

I edited the modules in the part.cfg to have matching radius and correct values for usage and resource amounts, but as soon as I proceed to launch, I get the message that no reactor would be available.

Not supported. Generator looks only at parts stack-attached to it for a reactor, and not at itself. Might ask WaveFunctionP to change this in his "lite" branch, but that's how it is for now.

Not supported. Generator looks only at parts stack-attached to it for a reactor, and not at itself. Might ask WaveFunctionP to change this in his "lite" branch, but that's how it is for now.

Thanks I will ask him.

I think i've found a bug. At least it appears to me so:

In the Powermanagment window the line stating the theoretical supply only works correct upon launch and during full powered flight. Once i throttle down, the Theoretical Supply drops just like the other values. Which is, in my book not correct. It should at all times show how much power you could get.

It's particular annoying because of this, other mods like Mechjeb or Kerbal Engineer get completely wrong TWR values and it is really hard to judge IF you have power at a crucial moment.

A word on the powermanagment too: I can understand that the Network only gives you the power you need at that moment. But i think the TWR should always get calculated by what you could have maximum. I mean the TWR value fluctuates greatly when you reduce throttle driving mechjeb bonkers and unable to calculate correctly.

One idea to fix this could be an override button in the Powermanagment, where you could overrride the energy on demand to stream full power when enabled. no matter what. Downside of course is, that you would need to get rid of the immense wasteheat.

How I refuel my fission reactor? When I refuel it EVA when I go to the ship, reactor says "EVA Maintenance Needed". What do I do wrong?

Fission reactors have to be started and stopped from EVA. "EVA Maintenance Needed" comes up when the reactor is ready to be started by a kerbal on EVA.

Fission reactors have to be started and stopped from EVA. "EVA Maintenance Needed" comes up when the reactor is ready to be started by a kerbal on EVA.

How I can shutdown the reactor? Only "Manual restart"-button seems to work.

NGrMvbo.png

CVTJhlQ.png

How I can shutdown the reactor? Only "Manual restart"-button seems to work.

"EVA maintenance needed" means that reactor is disabled. You can enable it by pressing manual restart. And ohh you cant restart reator with acinides inside.

I've considered it. Maybe one day I'll make it part file configurable.

I think i've found a bug. At least it appears to me so:

In the Powermanagment window the line stating the theoretical supply only works correct upon launch and during full powered flight. Once i throttle down, the Theoretical Supply drops just like the other values. Which is, in my book not correct. It should at all times show how much power you could get.

It's particular annoying because of this, other mods like Mechjeb or Kerbal Engineer get completely wrong TWR values and it is really hard to judge IF you have power at a crucial moment.

A word on the powermanagment too: I can understand that the Network only gives you the power you need at that moment. But i think the TWR should always get calculated by what you could have maximum. I mean the TWR value fluctuates greatly when you reduce throttle driving mechjeb bonkers and unable to calculate correctly.

One idea to fix this could be an override button in the Powermanagment, where you could overrride the energy on demand to stream full power when enabled. no matter what. Downside of course is, that you would need to get rid of the immense wasteheat.

Estimation is done as a special function, it is not entirely accurate. I am not happy with this, but there are many things that I am not happy with.

You can disable throttling on the receiver in kspi lite .12 and set a static throttle % if you'd like.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

I've considered it. Maybe one day I'll make it part file configurable.

There are a lot of one-piece NTR parts like the stock LV-N and the FTmN collection. That's what I was interested in self-reactor support for; I thought it would be interesting to integrate those models with KSPI's modules.

edit to add details:

so, I had this nice save with some stuff I don't want to lose...

I'm currently using KSPi without any (I believed) problems.

Today I noticed a problem with the solarpanels, in short:

when I put a solar panel on a ship it starts to heat up (temperature gradually raises to really hot... like 500°C)

I can see the temperature on the right click menù since I have Deadly reentry (I think it's that)

Another problem is that the energy produced by the panels doesn't scale appropriately with distance from the sun.

I discovered this because I put a satellite around duna and I was getting 17.5 EC/sec from the XL gigantron or whatever is called (should be 18 around kerbin, and a lot less around duna)

Given that:

1- I know this is striclty a KSPi problem, I deleted all mods except of KSPi and I still had the same problem

2- This problem affects just one panel, no matter how many I put on a ship, the first one gets the problem ('the first' as in the first one listed on the save file)

3- other panels behave just fine

would I be able to modify my save or some cfg file in order to fix this?

is there anyone that had this problem and fixed it in some way?

thanks for the help!

Edited by Sigma88
adding more details

Estimation is done as a special function, it is not entirely accurate. I am not happy with this, but there are many things that I am not happy with.

You can disable throttling on the receiver in kspi lite .12 and set a static throttle % if you'd like.

Thats is cool too. Unfortunately kspi lite 0.12 breaks my entire savefile. :( So i can only use it after this current project.

Hey guys,quick question:I just got the mod,but the engines act wierd,some dont produce thrust,and in the VAB they start toggled on(just producing the graphical effect of it though) and it has one vertical "smoke" and one horizontal,any fixes?Thanks in advance :D

Hey guys,quick question:I just got the mod,but the engines act wierd,some dont produce thrust,and in the VAB they start toggled on(just producing the graphical effect of it though) and it has one vertical "smoke" and one horizontal,any fixes?Thanks in advance :D

I think that WaveFunctionP fixed it but the reactors still without rpoduce anytihng. They always say "Deuterium/tritium Deprived"

when I put a solar panel on a ship it starts to heat up (temperature gradually raises to really hot... like 500°C)

Another problem is that the energy produced by the panels doesn't scale appropriately with distance from the sun.

I discovered this because I put a satellite around duna and I was getting 17.5 EC/sec from the XL gigantron or whatever is called (should be 18 around kerbin, and a lot less around duna)

Given that:

1- I know this is striclty a KSPi problem, I deleted all mods except of KSPi and I still had the same problem

2- This problem affects just one panel, no matter how many I put on a ship, the first one gets the problem ('the first' as in the first one listed on the save file)

3- other panels behave just fine

would I be able to modify my save or some cfg file in order to fix this?

is there anyone that had this problem and fixed it in some way?

thanks for the help!

Check your resources, don't you have by any accident Waste Heat accumulated to the top? Adding a radiator or two might help... How many and which ones can be easily seen by pressing "i" in VAB/SPH. This heat accumulates from exposure to the sun, and does not count for solar when craft is inactive.

Check your resources, don't you have by any accident Waste Heat accumulated to the top? Adding a radiator or two might help... How many and which ones can be easily seen by pressing "i" in VAB/SPH. This heat accumulates from exposure to the sun, and does not count for solar when craft is inactive.

nope, no waste heat.

pretty sure it's a bug and not an intended effect...

probably some odd result of KSPi not being officially ready for 0.24.2

I'll post a screenshot when I have one