[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

I'm so glad you're back! I'm downloading immediately. I will miss the tweakscale integration from Lite, though.

Thanks. There's still a lot of catching up to do for Interstellar but now it's working in the latest KSP it's a platform to build from for the future.

It seems that the problem is because the precooler intake module hasn't been removed properly. I'm not sure why that is. If you close the precooler's intake and use only intakes attached to the precooler, it should still work.

Thanks, that does make it work.

Are the radiators from Interstellar Lite compatible with the full version?

Kinda. TweakScale integration not in yet.

When you have radiators, they will enlarge to become the medium sized ones.

TBH I still like lite better than the original version.

Hello,

since a system reinstallation I've a problem with KSP and Interstellar. When starting the game with installed Interstellar everything boots fine but once I wat to select the TechTree there are none in the list. I can only "select reload" list or "select".

I'm running out of ideas how to solve it:

1. Reinstall KSP and Interstellar (no other mods)

2. Deactivation of all Firewalls

Does anybody has an idea what might be the reason ?

Regards,

Siloo

Hello,

since a system reinstallation I've a problem with KSP and Interstellar. When starting the game with installed Interstellar everything boots fine but once I wat to select the TechTree there are none in the list. I can only "select reload" list or "select".

I'm running out of ideas how to solve it:

1. Reinstall KSP and Interstellar (no other mods)

2. Deactivation of all Firewalls

Does anybody has an idea what might be the reason ?

Regards,

Siloo

There seems to be a problem with the loading of trees from TreeLoader at the moment. I'm working on ways around it but for now you can copy the tree.cfg found in the WarpPlugin folder into your savegame folder. That will give you the Interstellar tree.

assuming right, that interstellar tech tree won't work under science mode, because treeloader still won't work?

Unfortunately, that's right. I'm looking at switching from TreeLoader to ATC but will need to get the ability to add new techs working in there.

is it possible that you forget SmallFlatRaiator in the tree.cfg? I got the Part in the VAB but not in the RnD.

I serched it in the Parts Folder and found

TechRequired = advElectrics
but in the tree.cfg
name = node5_advElectrics

techID = advElectrics

pos = -1043,671.9929,-1

icon = ADVELECTRICS

cost = 160

title = Advanced Electrics

description = We're fairly certain no one will ever need more than 64kw of power for anything.

anyParent = False

hideIfEmpty = False

parents = node4_electrics

PARTS

{

name = ksp.r.largeBatteryPack

name = solarPanels1

name = solarPanels2

name = solarPanels3

name = solarPanels4

name = circradiatorKT

name = circradiatorKT2

name = circradiatorKT3

name = LargeFlatRadiator

name = RadialRadiatorzzz

name = RadialRadiatorzzz2

}

is it possible that you forget SmallFlatRaiator in the tree.cfg? I got the Part in the VAB but not in the RnD.

I serched it in the Parts Folder and found but in the tree.cfg

It's very possible since that part is new in Interstellar 0.12, if I remember correctly. I will fix it in the next version. I think I have one or two new parts to add as well.

I would also definitely be interested in finding people to help out with the modelling side of things going forward.

I've only had one problem, and that is the last node with the warp drives does not show in my tree, I have everything researched up to it but the last node is not there.

Could you start KSP, just load up the R&D centre, quit then post up a copy of your KSP.log file?

Unfortunately, that's right. I'm looking at switching from TreeLoader to ATC but will need to get the ability to add new techs working in there.

Since there are only a few extra nodes needed, you may be able to cannibalize some of the "extra" 10 or 11 nodes (the ones that cost 1000 science each and don't show up in a stock game). That would negatively impact any other mods that use them, but it's otherwise an easy fix.

Please say one of the new parts you're adding is a new science instrument for the impact study so the seismometer can go back to its stock functionality. I hate having to edit the .cfg file to restore the stock functionality every time I instead an updated version. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Please say one of the new parts you're adding is a new science instrument for the impact study so the seismometer can go back to its stock functionality. I hate having to edit the .cfg file to restore the stock functionality every time I instead an updated version. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

(FYI I offered up a new, animated model for this - did not hear yet if Fractal was planning on using this or not. If not, I was going to just use it for something else).

MuM3atc.png

Hey Fractal I'm sure you've already been keeping up with Dr. White's talks but in case you haven't I found a pretty interesting bit of info on how warp drive might work.

According to Dr. White the warp bubble has no sense of direction so you need to use conventional propulsion to give your spacecraft an initial velocity in the direction you want to warp. Then when you activate the warp bubble space starts "piling up" in the appropriate orientation. So in terms of KSP the warp effect should happen in the direction of your prograde vector regardless of how your ship is oriented. Might add a little more challenge to the endgame since you'd still need to get your inclination right before warping, and also mid course corrections would consume lots of fuel.

He talks about this at 50:25

Is there a way to make the interstellar lab or the stock lab to perform the functions of the other one? For example I don't always want to take the 2 labs with me just to reset experiments.

I tried to copy the modules from the stock lab to the science lab but that doesn't work. When I rightclicked on it, it just disabled rightclicking on everything.