[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Is anyone else getting trouble with the nodes being in wonky places with wonky sizes? I'm getting this with the Aluminium hybrid rockets, the magnetic nozzles, and the Argon tanks. I thought the issue was TweakScale, but I removed it and the problem persists.

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u558/Bat_Dejean/screenshot0_zps70e241d8.png

Look on page 1209.

Just thought I'd report a nuisance/bug: When researching techs in the R&D, I get the following error message in the log:

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SpriteRoot' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at TreeEdit.TreeLoader.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

When I click research, I also have to leave the R&D and come back to see the tree properly updated.

Just thought I'd report a nuisance/bug: When researching techs in the R&D, I get the following error message in the log:

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SpriteRoot' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at TreeEdit.TreeLoader.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

When I click research, I also have to leave the R&D and come back to see the tree properly updated.

It's a TreeLoader issue, I can't fix TreeLoader myself because of the license restrictions but I am working on using ATC as an alternative - at the moment it doesn't support adding new tech nodes but since that is a more open project, I'm trying to add that capability to it.

For now, you can just delete TreeLoader and everything should work fine in the stock tech tree. You can also download the module manager cfgs in the previous page or two that changes the part upgrades to be compatible with the stock tree.

Hopefully it won't be long until we have a proper solution but unfortunately 0.25 killing TreeLoader is a proving to be something of a maintenance nightmare.

I'm getting issues with the Al-Hybrid rocket as well:

GPIQGR3.jpg

It's an issue with scaling- the rocket is supposed to be 2.5 meters and a lot taller (just look at the mass, and compare it to a BACC vs. a RT-10 if you don't believe me... Clearly it's not supposed to be that small- and it was 2.5 meters in previous versions of KSP-Interstellar...)

Regards,

Northstar

Unless node locations are the basis for model scaling, which I am not sure is the case, as I believe it is the other way around, where model scaling effects node location, the configuration patch given in the past few pages for the magnetic nozzles SHOULD NOT WORK. Am I wrong or does it actually not work, it's very unclear.

is the dt fusion engine suppose to cost like 500k a piece? I think there maybe an extra zero or something there because thats nearly 10x more expensive than anything else. also the deuterium/tritium cryostat fuel tank appears to cost a negative amount of money when placed.

As much as i love interstellar, should i wait until a more stable release before playing with this some more?

It's a TreeLoader issue, I can't fix TreeLoader myself because of the license restrictions but I am working on using ATC as an alternative - at the moment it doesn't support adding new tech nodes but since that is a more open project, I'm trying to add that capability to it.

For now, you can just delete TreeLoader and everything should work fine in the stock tech tree. You can also download the module manager cfgs in the previous page or two that changes the part upgrades to be compatible with the stock tree.

Hopefully it won't be long until we have a proper solution but unfortunately 0.25 killing TreeLoader is a proving to be something of a maintenance nightmare.

Thank you, I will go on a hunt for those configs and remove TreeLoader.

When using receivers, is the heat generated a function of the amount of power received? I have an extensive fusion power grid around Kerbin, and I can receive around 18000 MW of power using the transmitter/receiver/relay combo antenna, but no matter how many heat radiators I install, I still overheat.

Question related to TreeLoader. Will it work on 0.25? Just checked their forum page and its still listed as 23.5.

I think someone explained 3 or 4 pages ago that TreeLoader author seems to be on a break... And the license he choose make impossible for anyone to start over the maintenance of this plug-in. So we have to wait either Alternative Tech Tree mod is being used or just use the fixes suggested above until then. Or just hope the author either change the code license or update TreeLoader.

I think someone explained 3 or 4 pages ago that TreeLoader author seems to be on a break... And the license he choose make impossible for anyone to start over the maintenance of this plug-in. So we have to wait either Alternative Tech Tree mod is being used or just use the fixes suggested above until then. Or just hope the author either change the code license or update TreeLoader.

It's explained on the same page as Verios posted on. Once again, nobody reads.

I'm not sure what's going on, but my logfile is filled with the following:

[LOG 10:20:50.362] rd _Emissive: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/RadialHeatRadiator/d_glow (UnityEngine.Texture2D)

[LOG 10:20:50.363] rd _Emissive: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/RadialHeatRadiator/d_glow (UnityEngine.Texture2D)

[LOG 10:20:50.364] rd _Emissive: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/RadialHeatRadiator/d_glow (UnityEngine.Texture2D)

[LOG 10:20:50.365] rd _Emissive: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/RadialHeatRadiator/d_glow (UnityEngine.Texture2D)

[LOG 10:20:50.366] rd _Emissive: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/RadialHeatRadiator/d_glow (UnityEngine.Texture2D)

[LOG 10:20:50.366] rd _Emissive: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/RadialHeatRadiator/d_glow (UnityEngine.Texture2D)

[LOG 10:20:50.395] rd _Emissive: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/RadialHeatRadiator/d_glow (UnityEngine.Texture2D)

[LOG 10:20:50.396] rd _Emissive: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/RadialHeatRadiator/d_glow (UnityEngine.Texture2D)

[LOG 10:20:50.396] rd _Emissive: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/RadialHeatRadiator/d_glow (UnityEngine.Texture2D)

[LOG 10:20:50.397] rd _Emissive: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/RadialHeatRadiator/d_glow (UnityEngine.Texture2D)

[LOG 10:20:50.398] rd _Emissive: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/RadialHeatRadiator/d_glow (UnityEngine.Texture2D)

[LOG 10:20:50.399] rd _Emissive: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/RadialHeatRadiator/d_glow (UnityEngine.Texture2D)

[LOG 10:20:50.435] rd _Emissive: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/RadialHeatRadiator/d_glow (UnityEngine.Texture2D)

I only noticed this because I was looking at it because of an issue with EPL, and my logfile is over 1.2m lines, most of which are the above.

When using receivers, is the heat generated a function of the amount of power received? I have an extensive fusion power grid around Kerbin, and I can receive around 18000 MW of power using the transmitter/receiver/relay combo antenna, but no matter how many heat radiators I install, I still overheat.

Yes, the heat generated is a function of the power received. 18 GW is a lot of power, and you might not have upgraded radiators.

Yes, the heat generated is a function of the power received. 18 GW is a lot of power, and you might not have upgraded radiators.

Thanks for replying. I'm playing on sandbox mode and by default, all the radiators are graphene. Maybe I have to put more lol. But is there a way to limit the amount of power recieved then?

Update: I tried decreasing the reception bar to 1 and it decreased the input power to around 100 MW, but I still overheat, even when I stick 6 huge graphene heat radiators.

Edited by Insanitic

Thanks for replying. I'm playing on sandbox mode and by default, all the radiators are graphene. Maybe I have to put more lol. But is there a way to limit the amount of power recieved then?

Update: I tried decreasing the reception bar to 1 and it decreased the input power to around 100 MW, but I still overheat, even when I stick 6 huge graphene heat radiators.

Unfortunately, currently, limiting reception only decreases the amount of power available to your engines, etc. It does nothing to reduce the amount of WasteHeat generated- which makes no sense, as if you are only receiving 500 MW of power, you shouldn't have to dissipate 18 GW of it (in fact it's EASIER to manage the WasteHeat if you set reception to 100% and use as much of it to do useful work, rather than generating heat, as possible). It's something FractalUK really needs to fix.

*cough* Did you hear that Fractal? *cough*

Regards,

Northstar

Edited by Northstar1989

Unfortunately, currently, limiting reception only decreases the amount of power available to your engines, etc. It does nothing to reduce the amount of WasteHeat generated- which makes no sense, as if you are only receiving 500 MW of power, you shouldn't have to dissipate 18 GW of it (in fact it's EASIER to manage the WasteHeat if you set reception to 100% and use as much of it to do useful work, rather than generating heat, as possible). It's something FractalUK really needs to fix.

*cough* Did you hear that Fractal? *cough*

Regards,

Northstar

I see. Thanks for the insight. So it isn't my vessel's design or anything. This really ruins my plans for building an efficient Munar base that relies on my power grid around Kerbin to make fuel.

Oh well, I hope the fix is simple.

Edited by Insanitic

Hi everyone! I installed KSPI 0.13 and deleted the TREELOADER directory. Now all works, but in career mode the costs to unlock AM reactors are too high! Where in the hell can I find 90M credits? Is this cost intentionally high or it is a mistake?

you can also make cash really fast if you game the system a bit. enable stratagies that convert rep/science to funds. Place a probe with a gravioli or thermomiter in orbit of every planet. Land a ship with a kerbal on any planet you feel comfortable stationing them on indefinatly. Anytime you get a flag planting or transmit science from a location contract snap it up, swap to the apropreate ship and transmit a report/plant a flag. even experiments that are worth 0 transmited fulfill the contract and the far off ones offer good rewards. 90mil is still a bit rough but I'm runing on hard setings and have goten up to 2mill and havent even gone past mun yet and havent activated any funds stratigies.

is the dt fusion engine suppose to cost like 500k a piece? I think there maybe an extra zero or something there because thats nearly 10x more expensive than anything else. also the deuterium/tritium cryostat fuel tank appears to cost a negative amount of money when placed.

As much as i love interstellar, should i wait until a more stable release before playing with this some more?

Vista is very powerfull engine, capable of launching 100T craft to kerbin orbit with 15500ISP. It should be expensive.

And it also containts very-very expensive tritium. If you tweak tritium out it will be much cheaper, but you will need to produce tritium...

As for cryuostat price... it's a bug, it can be easily fixed in .cfg...

you can also make cash really fast if you game the system a bit. enable stratagies that convert rep/science to funds. Place a probe with a gravioli or thermomiter in orbit of every planet. Land a ship with a kerbal on any planet you feel comfortable stationing them on indefinatly. Anytime you get a flag planting or transmit science from a location contract snap it up, swap to the apropreate ship and transmit a report/plant a flag. even experiments that are worth 0 transmited fulfill the contract and the far off ones offer good rewards. 90mil is still a bit rough but I'm runing on hard setings and have goten up to 2mill and havent even gone past mun yet and havent activated any funds stratigies.

From what I've seen, science/rep to funds are completely useless, and funds to science/rep is insanely overpowered. You get something around 5k science if you go full science on normal just from a basic explore the mun mission.

Also, since the craft is likely to be SSTO you can do pinpoint landings at the space center. I make sure I land on the landing pad so that 100% of the vessel's cost is recovered. You should have at least 2 million ( I had 10) by the time you unlock the vista's. Since the tree is messed up, to make it a little more balanced, make sure you don't use tech that you haven't yet gathered the required science for.

90 Mil is pretty crazy for the AM reactor though. Until AM harvesting is a thing, I don't think that price will be easily attainable.

Also, there aren't a whole lot of stock missions, so if you are getting bored check out the Fine Print mod. It really opens up some fun missions.

Hello guys, i have an issue with this mod.

My tech tree is looking like this in career mode http://i.imgur.com/k3hhZoB.png

However in sandbox mode i have all the parts.

I tried to copy/paste the tree.cfg (/WarpPlugin) in my save folder, and i also tried this https://github.com/FractalUK/KSPInterstellar/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#tech-tree-does-not-display-the-same-tree-as-what-I-see-in-your-screenshots but both don't work.

Any help would be very appreciated :)

I'm getting a strange error when trying to load up KSP. The screen hangs on WarpPlugin/Spaces/sci/model and here is the last bit in the log...

[EXC 21:22:21.184] FileLoadException: The assembly name is invalid.

System.Reflection.AssemblyName..ctor (System.String assemblyName)

ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader.PrePatchInit ()

ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader.StartLoad (Boolean blocking)

ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader.StartLoad ()

LoadingScreen+.MoveNext ()

[LOG 21:22:24.619] [iR GUI] destroy

**EDIT** Nevermind, I did a stupid.

Edited by tkb

Hello guys, i have an issue with this mod.

My tech tree is looking like this in career mode http://i.imgur.com/k3hhZoB.png

However in sandbox mode i have all the parts.

I tried to copy/paste the tree.cfg (/WarpPlugin) in my save folder, and i also tried this https://github.com/FractalUK/KSPInterstellar/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#tech-tree-does-not-display-the-same-tree-as-what-I-see-in-your-screenshots but both don't work.

Any help would be very appreciated :)

Page 1209.

I tried this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43839-0-25-KSP-Interstellar-%28Magnetic-Nozzles-ISRU-Revamp%29-Version-0-13?p=1495408&viewfull=1#post1495408

and it still doesn't work. I'm getting the same tech tree (http://i.imgur.com/k3hhZoB.png)

I reinstalled the mod, and my game. I redownloaded the mod 3 times, I checked everything... and i don't get it.

I tried this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43839-0-25-KSP-Interstellar-%28Magnetic-Nozzles-ISRU-Revamp%29-Version-0-13?p=1495408&viewfull=1#post1495408

and it still doesn't work. I'm getting the same tech tree (http://i.imgur.com/k3hhZoB.png)

I reinstalled the mod, and my game. I redownloaded the mod 3 times, I checked everything... and i don't get it.

That looks as expected. The fix doesn't create the nodes that TreeLoader would have created in the previous versions (there is no currently working way to do that); it just moves the parts and upgrades into the nodes that are available. Make sure that you have completely uninstalled TreeLoader, in case TreeLoader is still trying to move parts into the nodes that it failed to create, and you should have all of the parts even though you have fewer tech nodes.