[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Hi Guys,

I checked and unfortunately KSP interstellar is not fully compatible with Tweak Scale.

Main issue is that you cannot launch anything from the Runway as when you are redirected there from SPH you can see only the sky....

From what i checked the conflict is with the core Interstellar DLLs (interstellar*.dll)

Would be nice if we will have a fix for that.

PS: Reactors are working, i have just tested one and produced power ;)

on0.90 is completly dead or have some funcjnality?
I hadn't been able to get far into career to notice anything off , but the hybrid aluminum rocket (which was basically a resized basic solid booster) is the only bugged thing that I came across and it's only graphical, it appears as small as the basic solid rocket booster but otherwise works fine as far I can tell. :P

I hadn't been able to get far into career to notice anything off , but the hybrid aluminum rocket (which was basically a resized basic solid booster) is the only bugged thing that I came across and it's only graphical, it appears as small as the basic solid rocket booster but otherwise works fine as far I can tell. :P

Its fairy optymistic i dont use tweakscale ofen (only for infernal robotick becouse its olmost usless without it) so its not a big deal but i will test it completly so will say what is working and what is not

EDIT: done some testing in sandbox so

-Warp Drive work as should

-Tokamak reactor work as intend(so generator work to)

-termal Hybrid rocket(termal turbojet) work in both modes

-beamed power network work

-plazma trusters work (but they are in tab of fuel not engines not so big deal)

testing done on new clear instal need test some other thinks but so far so good

EDIT2:

-cost are messed up a litle (lots of parts heve negativ evalues probably any items that have resousers)

-Antimater factoring work(colecting not tested YET)

-all types of reactors works

need more testing in career mode within science experiments

Edited by sober667

Its fairy optymistic i dont use tweakscale ofen (only for infernal robotick becouse its olmost usless without it) so its not a big deal but i will test it completly so will say what is working and what is not

Very nice! Did you test with tweakscale installed?

I have a question about collide meshes of reactors and generators - if I attach parts on their side they sometimes 'float in the air', I mean, there are visible gaps, is this going to be fixed eventually or I ask too much?

I have a question about collide meshes of reactors and generators - if I attach parts on their side they sometimes 'float in the air', I mean, there are visible gaps, is this going to be fixed eventually or I ask too much?

its problem with KSP not with interstellar if u want fix it just use offset to make them right lots of parts from stock and mods willl have that "issue"

EDIT2:

-cost are messed up a litle (lots of parts heve negativ evalues probably any items that have resousers)

-Antimater factoring work(colecting not tested YET)

-all types of reactors works

need more testing in career mode within science experiments

Part scaling and negative costs are issues that were around in 0.25. The patch from https://github.com/FractalUK/KSPInterstellar/wiki/Illustrated-Guide-Chapter-0%3A-Installing-and-Patching includes fixes for those.

Seems to be partially functioning with 0.90. Reactors are OK, but adding any kind of air intake to a craft seems to cause it to seize up. Radiators and waste heat appear to be working, though the guide in the toolbar no longer functions.

Part scaling and negative costs are issues that were around in 0.25. The patch from https://github.com/FractalUK/KSPInterstellar/wiki/Illustrated-Guide-Chapter-0%3A-Installing-and-Patching includes fixes for those.

oh so mi didnt spote d nothing new its quite good so anybody wich want use ONLY this mod is good to go probably only tweakscale brake it but will see on my havy moded instalation

Seems to be partially functioning with 0.90. Reactors are OK, but adding any kind of air intake to a craft seems to cause it to seize up. Radiators and waste heat appear to be working, though the guide in the toolbar no longer functions.

I added a lot of intakes and nothing happens (adding stock ones and no tweakscale)

hey, didn't really know where else to post this question but...

i have a bug to report (i guess), i've narrowed it down to ksp interstellar however it doesn't happen with EVERY item, it seems to be a B9 incompatability as it happens most often with those parts, specifically air intakes and other radial mount jet parts. The problem: when i place (in the SPH) something(for example the RBM Variable Geometry Intake) that is radially mounted, in mirror mode, a strange bug occours. Its hard to describe but ill give it my best shot. basically what happens is, on click, the part detatches still in hand (on the cursor) in "place" mode, however upon "replaceing" it, the game locks up and the part is now in "attached" mode but still following the cursor, thus causing the lag. this is extremely irritating when trying to build a space plane! if the part in question isn't a radial mount part, but is being attached to one, it tends to just not be able to be replaced. everything up to the "replacing" part happens on click but instead of causing a lag spike and what have you, it simply looses the green ball attachment point and is no longer functioning, it also causes the ship to be un-saveable, and the problem then persists to any and all parts tried placed after. this bug is INSAINLY annoying and i'm sincearly not sure what is causing it. all of my mods are up to date and this ONLY happens when interstellar pack is installed. i'm not sure what to do so ANY help would be Greatly appreciated!!! if you need any other info, just ask!

NOTE: the main mods i'm using are as follows:

B9

interstealler(obviously)

kw rocketry

kethane

scansat

Kerbal attachment system (kas)

editor extensions

mech jeb

kethane mod

remote tech

rasta prop monitor

vanguard parachutes

kerbal alarm clock

camera tools

toolbar mod

tech manager

tweak scale

tac life support

fine print

contracts window

kerbal engineer

and deadly reentry

playing on version 0.25 and this bug has been around as long as i can remember

p.s. yes to my knowledge, all mods are up to date.

again, thanks anybody who is willing to help me! :3

hey, didn't really know where else to post this question but...

i have a bug to report (i guess), i've narrowed it down to ksp interstellar however it doesn't happen with EVERY item, it seems to be a B9 incompatability as it happens most often with those parts, specifically air intakes and other radial mount jet parts. The problem: when i place (in the SPH) something(for example the RBM Variable Geometry Intake) that is radially mounted, in mirror mode, a strange bug occours. Its hard to describe but ill give it my best shot. basically what happens is, on click, the part detatches still in hand (on the cursor) in "place" mode, however upon "replaceing" it, the game locks up and the part is now in "attached" mode but still following the cursor, thus causing the lag. this is extremely irritating when trying to build a space plane! if the part in question isn't a radial mount part, but is being attached to one, it tends to just not be able to be replaced. everything up to the "replacing" part happens on click but instead of causing a lag spike and what have you, it simply looses the green ball attachment point and is no longer functioning, it also causes the ship to be un-saveable, and the problem then persists to any and all parts tried placed after. this bug is INSAINLY annoying and i'm sincearly not sure what is causing it. all of my mods are up to date and this ONLY happens when interstellar pack is installed. i'm not sure what to do so ANY help would be Greatly appreciated!!! if you need any other info, just ask!

NOTE: the main mods i'm using are as follows:

B9

interstealler(obviously)

kw rocketry

kethane

scansat

Kerbal attachment system (kas)

editor extensions

mech jeb

kethane mod

remote tech

rasta prop monitor

vanguard parachutes

kerbal alarm clock

camera tools

toolbar mod

tech manager

tweak scale

tac life support

fine print

contracts window

kerbal engineer

and deadly reentry

playing on version 0.25 and this bug has been around as long as i can remember

p.s. yes to my knowledge, all mods are up to date.

again, thanks anybody who is willing to help me! :3

I ha dthat bug some time a go if i good remember it was bad instalation of b9 or D13 i dont remember but its not interstellar think i think reinstal and try again its probably corrupted instalation

I am trying build a warp capable ship using Interstellar .13 in beta....however, I am not producing any exotic matter. Any guidance on this? I am using a reactor, electric generator and two of the drives, however I do shut one down while attempting to charge.

Any and all guidance is GREATLY appreciated.

Yeah the issue with interstellar seems to be only with the launching from SPH near as I have been able to tell I was playing for some time when I needed to perform a certain contract on kerbin that needs a plane and I can't launch a plane a fix would be nice that's for sure..

Even the newly updated version of tweakscale causes this issue....

Edited by KoolBreeze420

I'm new to interstellar and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I have a large transmitter on a rover and it says that it is broadcasting 15GW of power. It's parked right next to the runway. then I have a plane on the runway with two small receivers and two thermal receivers but none of them will even connect to the transmitter. I also sent out a tall relay tower which is parked by the transmitter, but none of the relay arrays will connect to the transmitter either.

I'm new to interstellar and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I have a large transmitter on a rover and it says that it is broadcasting 15GW of power. It's parked right next to the runway. then I have a plane on the runway with two small receivers and two thermal receivers but none of them will even connect to the transmitter. I also sent out a tall relay tower which is parked by the transmitter, but none of the relay arrays will connect to the transmitter either.

im getting the same

DELETED LINK, NO LONGER SUPPORTED

Just created a pull request for microwave power changes. Solves lot's of problems with reciever logic, hope the branch will be merged soon.

For now download and replace "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Plugins\Interstellar.dll" with provided one!

Edited by Boris-Barboris
link edited

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23572905/Interstellar.dll

Just created a pull request for microwave power changes. Solves lot's of problems with reciever logic, hope the branch will be merged soon.

For now download and replace Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Plugins\Interstellar.dll with provided one!

nice that was quick

Wow, thanks. One other question, how do you bring up the thermal helper? I only see a button for the power helper in flight and I don't see either of the buttons while in the editor.

think you might need toolbar

though the vab helper dosnt work for me at all

For me thermal helper opens automatically when i enter an editor. Close it once and it won't open till next load or something like that. Buggy.

Btw please let me know if dll helps and your recievers work as intended.

recievers working know thanks

Edited by BrutalRIP