[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

So, where are my fission reactors?

I'm in Science mode. I've researched Nuclear Propulsion, which includes a number of fission reactors. They don't show up in the VAB. They show up fine in Sandbox mode. The generators and show up fine in the VAB, so I'm getting most of the tech, I think?

Deuterium/Tritium cryostats, which are also in Nuclear Propulsion, also show up.

I miss my reactors. Any hints?

Cheers,

-BS

So, where are my fission reactors?

I'm in Science mode. I've researched Nuclear Propulsion, which includes a number of fission reactors. They don't show up in the VAB. They show up fine in Sandbox mode. The generators and show up fine in the VAB, so I'm getting most of the tech, I think?

Deuterium/Tritium cryostats, which are also in Nuclear Propulsion, also show up.

I miss my reactors. Any hints?

Cheers,

-BS

I'll be honest, after a recent patch and moderate fiddling with mod configs, etc. I had to reinstall everything from boris' version, to KSPI extended, to CTT to get everything to work right. I'm using CTT and Techmanager, and the reactors show up under Nuclear Power (above Nuclear Propulsion). If you have other configs, I'm unsure what to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've just recently returned to the tech level which uses reactors and generators and rocket nozzles... the heat output is insane compared to previous versions. I used to be able to get away with two normal sized radiator fold-out panels, but now I need a ton more of them to make propulsion work.

I deleted all previous versions of KSPI and reinstalled. Is this a recent design change or probably a glitch in my install? Seems excessive amount of heat management requirements.

I'll be honest, after a recent patch and moderate fiddling with mod configs, etc. I had to reinstall everything from boris' version, to KSPI extended, to CTT to get everything to work right. I'm using CTT and Techmanager, and the reactors show up under Nuclear Power (above Nuclear Propulsion). If you have other configs, I'm unsure what to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've just recently returned to the tech level which uses reactors and generators and rocket nozzles... the heat output is insane compared to previous versions. I used to be able to get away with two normal sized radiator fold-out panels, but now I need a ton more of them to make propulsion work.

I deleted all previous versions of KSPI and reinstalled. Is this a recent design change or probably a glitch in my install? Seems excessive amount of heat management requirements.

Well I found some, but not all, of my fission reactors once I went to the CTT and researched another nuke node. A bit confusing considering the KSPI tech tree says I have them, and they're there in Sandbox. I don't think I have any nodes left in any tree at this point. I did a clean reinstall of Boris' version of KSPI a while back. Hmmm....

Cheers,

-BS

Is there a way to remove solar panel overheating and automatic closing? Its just annoying and really does not add anything to the gameplay :P

If you edit the WARP_PLUGIN_SETTINGS node (GameData/WarpPlugin/WarpPluginSettings.cfg) and set ThermalMechanicsDisabled to "True" it should do what you want.

Well, I re-installed all of the directories for Boris's stuff and CTT. All my fission reactors came back, but the alternate tech trees were gone. So I realized, oh, I hadn't re-installed KSPI Extended. So I re-installed that, and bam! my reactors were gone again, but my tech trees were back.

All of the missing reactors are from the 'Nuclear Propulsion' node. Which means I have the Gas Core, and Large and Small Molten Salt reactors, but not the others. No reactors in 'Nuclear Propulsion'. However, other items in 'Nuclear Propulsion' were available like the radial He3, Deuterium/Tritium radial cryostats, and the LV-N and thermal rocket nozzle. Just the reactors went poof.

Grrrr....

Cheers,

-BS

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I did finally get most (all?) of my reactors back by not letting KSPI Extended overwrite the part .cfg files. Seems like there's some kind of incompatibility between the Tech Tree and KSPI-E's part definitions. Notice the following denials I presented KSPI-E:

replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor1Sphere/25-1500.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor1Sphere/25-300.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
inflating: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor1Sphere/GascoreReactor.cfg
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor3Spheres/25-1-125.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor3Spheres/25-25.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
inflating: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor3Spheres/LargeSaltReactor.cfg
inflating: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor3Spheres/SmallSaltReactor.cfg
inflating: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/DustyPlasma.cfg
inflating: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/LargeParticleBed.cfg
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/PFission0625.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/PFission125.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/PFission250.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/PFission375.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n

Those look like the relevant ones, but I denied it permission to replace a lot of the other part configurations. I'm not 100% sure I got everything back, but it looks much better.

Cheers,

-BS

Hello everyone

I am having some kind of issues with KSPI. Firstly, 62.5m plasma engines have continuous exhaust FX, even when they aren't receiving nor activated. Secondly, beamed power seem not to work. I put 2,5 m Aegletes, 2,5m Brayton cycle and 3 inline radiators + microwave transciever (on Kerbin so 3 inlines are ok). Everything was running, I waited until megajoules bar was full then I activated the transciever and it says: "no input power".

Can you help please? I am playing on KSP 0.25.

Thanks

Edit: I reinstalled KSPI and beamed power seem to work now. 62.5 cm Plasma engine FX still seems broken though...

Edited by Thomassino

Well, I re-installed all of the directories for Boris's stuff and CTT. All my fission reactors came back, but the alternate tech trees were gone. So I realized, oh, I hadn't re-installed KSPI Extended. So I re-installed that, and bam! my reactors were gone again, but my tech trees were back.

All of the missing reactors are from the 'Nuclear Propulsion' node. Which means I have the Gas Core, and Large and Small Molten Salt reactors, but not the others. No reactors in 'Nuclear Propulsion'. However, other items in 'Nuclear Propulsion' were available like the radial He3, Deuterium/Tritium radial cryostats, and the LV-N and thermal rocket nozzle. Just the reactors went poof.

Grrrr....

Cheers,

-BS

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I did finally get most (all?) of my reactors back by not letting KSPI Extended overwrite the part .cfg files. Seems like there's some kind of incompatibility between the Tech Tree and KSPI-E's part definitions. Notice the following denials I presented KSPI-E:

replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor1Sphere/25-1500.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor1Sphere/25-300.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
inflating: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor1Sphere/GascoreReactor.cfg
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor3Spheres/25-1-125.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor3Spheres/25-25.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
inflating: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor3Spheres/LargeSaltReactor.cfg
inflating: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/NuclearReactor3Spheres/SmallSaltReactor.cfg
inflating: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/DustyPlasma.cfg
inflating: WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/LargeParticleBed.cfg
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/PFission0625.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/PFission125.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/PFission250.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n
replace WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/PFission375.cfg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: n

Those look like the relevant ones, but I denied it permission to replace a lot of the other part configurations. I'm not 100% sure I got everything back, but it looks much better.

Cheers,

-BS

Hrm, I wasn't aware I was actually missing reactors, but now I'm not so sure. I do know I seem to have reactor-type-per-size gaps, but I thought that was intentional. I'll have to double check.

Also, is anyone having problems with the thermal rocket nozzle not working? My setup is generally the following:

Fuel/Battery (or alternate reactor for power)/intakes/generator/reactor/nozzle, and some radiators. The setup works great with a nuclear turbojet (weeeee fusion SSTO), but not the nozzle, with the exact same setup. I'm a little confused. (Also, while the turbojet is nice, I think the nozzle is more efficient for pure space endeavors so I'm hoping to fix this.)

That said, caveat emptor when it comes to mods... :)

Okay, i've done it too in the repo and the archives.

TWEAKSCALE bug was finally found (3+ hours, heh). It was in the TweakScale reflection code. https://github.com/Biotronic/TweakScale/pull/25 if you are interested.

You can now change your air intake configs back to mode stock.

Added recompiled dll to the post.

Going back to this post...I've had the Tweakscale/Air Intake problem with TweakScale 1.5.0. Did I miss where the recompiled dll is? I'd really like working, tweakscaled intakes and KSPI if that's possible. I poked around the link a little, though I'm not sure the source code would help me in an expedient manner.

Cheers,

-BS

Hello,

Some posts ago I may have mentioned, if the folder isnt "WarpPlugin", it isnt Interstellar.

I live by the old addage that "If it isnt broke dont fix it"' I have use this MOD before; I have seen some very nice demos of it on Youtube; in fact if you want to learn it I guess Youtube has it all.

I also choose to try and learn things on my own; in that way the learning retention is increased by 50fold minimum; and so it is when making MODS work...

Dont ask me why MODDERS who work on MODS to try to improve them put config files in there to DELETE, HIDE, or otherwise change things in such a way as to leave old garbage laying around the house.

Well I for one believe in cleaning up garbage...on occasion...though I tend to keep certain things laying around longer than usual and tend to sweep things under the bed because maybe some day I will have a use for that paperclip...sometimes one just needs more time...then one day we run out of time...but if we have an endgame, we can play it thru...Interstellar provides a means to do this.

Sure we got to clean out the stove pipes, and I guess that is what I have to do with, WarpPlugin.

Basically I added Interstellar Lite; probly got a DLL mixed up or 2, an wondering if Intersteller-Lite plugin called interstellarplugin.dll of all things, is compatible with interstellar.dll; I am headed over there to do some research.

The lite version seems to add some more functionality; possibly changing or improving (or making things worse) WP... I call it WP...why...because Interstellar means " existing or occurring between stars "; we aint travellin between stars here; yet; we are warp-driving between planets; and yes I know there is a MOD with another Star in it and most of us havnt even seen half the biomes on Mun.

I seem to be making progress but I have a severe problem with washed out parts; I plan in fixing it; I am working on textures and effects now that I have most of my resource management and storage facilites done; the texture issue and the fact that my old WP parts went bye-bye was a little disconcerting for me to say the least; this isnt the only MOD that tried to delete my old parts; I fixed that and I will fix this; as KSP players, this is what we do.

I will be streaming on twitch all day working on my parts...WP is up.

The update here made parts not go away but not even show up when the parts were still there.

I do not understand the main InterstellarLite WarpPlugin cfg addition and that of upgraded parts; upgraded part names may have been used in Interstellar-Lite...I dont understand the significance of patchnames in there...I am manually forcing the parts back online and trying to figure out upgraded part names; I am in Sandbox.

The other main issue is the use of tech trees...NO ONE is forced to use CTT (community tech tree); I use my own tree; however I am seeing that adding a few nodes now may add some more challenge as adding a node requires more Science to get into it; my Science requirements are higher than normal.

If one runs someone else's tech tree this is another reason why parts wont show up if the tree isnt available...this is why I take 2-3 days or more just to put the parts where I see fit to make 'MY' KSP game more challenging; that and making all my parts show up in Career mode.

There is always a will and a way; I am trying to leave the old and add the new; it is called transitions and I am trying to make this as smooth as possible; I am learning ALOT about the config files as well and have made my 20dollar game into a 40dollar game easy.

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Hello everybody. I expected a bug and i have a question about this mod. Thanks to everyone will help me.

I expected the bug during carreer mode and sandbox, everytime i put my mouse on a kind of reactor and many other parts the preview become bigger and bigger and the only way to fix this is change page. I dont know if this is known, im just telling that.

The question, more important, is: how can i enable the thermal mechanics helper? I've read that it can be toggle with T or I but none of these works.

Rayleigh

The lite version seems to add some more functionality; possibly changing or improving (or making things worse)
Exactly what did Interstellar Lite add? I'm really intrested since from my understanding, it mosly removed functionality. If there was anything intresting added (which isn't included in Interstellat already), I might add it to KSP Interstellar Extended

- - - Updated - - -

NO ONE is forced to use CTT (community tech tree); I use my own tree; however I am seeing that adding a few nodes now may add some more challenge as adding a node requires more Science to get into it; my Science requirements are higher than normal.

I initialy had a similar standpoint, but the problem is people will want to play with other mods as well and the problems is, YOU CANT COMBINE TECHTREES, at least not with the current techmanager without getting lot's of problems. My advice is stick with a techtree that is shared between mods, CTT is currenlty the only techtree that is supported by multiple mods including KSPI Extended

- - - Updated - - -

Basically I added Interstellar Lite; probly got a DLL mixed up or 2, an wondering if Intersteller-Lite plugin called interstellarplugin.dll of all things, is compatible with interstellar.dll; I am headed over there to do some research.
Do you realy think they work together? of cource not! they both basicly define the same module parts. This will create a lot of conflicts. At best you will have a very buggy game but most likely you will not even be able to startup without hanging/crashing Edited by FreeThinker

Hello everybody. I expected a bug and i have a question about this mod. Thanks to everyone will help me.

I expected the bug during carreer mode and sandbox, everytime i put my mouse on a kind of reactor and many other parts the preview become bigger and bigger and the only way to fix this is change page. I dont know if this is known, im just telling that.

The question, more important, is: how can i enable the thermal mechanics helper? I've read that it can be toggle with T or I but none of these works.

Rayleigh

Without being at a computer to try out fixes, I will ask the obvious questions: are you using a clean install of the current versions of the required mods? You need quite a few patches to bring fractals original mod into function with recent tweaks. If you have any legacy files from older installs, they may cause havoc.

Regarding the thermal helper, is there a little custom box or button on the screen?

I'm running KSP 0.25 with Interstellar 0.13 and the fusion reactors are giving me grief. In sandbox mode, none of the fusion reactors generate thermal or charged power. Same problem from the 3.25 m Tokomak down through the 0.75 m Kiwi. I haven't tried in science or career mode yet.

I was messing about in sandbox mode and built a very basic ship. Fuel tank, 2.5 m tokomak, thermal rocket nozzle. And a couple of heat radiators and D-T cryostats for fuel. On launch the reactor is inert. There's an initial fiddling amount of thermal power, charged particles and waste heat produced but <5% and never increases. Radiators dissipate the waste heat to 0 almost immediately. Right-clicking on the reactor brings up: Active: 100%, 0% cp, 0% th.

My first attempt was even worse. Launching the ship caused most functions to lock up. Not a complete lock up of KSP, just many normal functions. The "stage" light stayed red, action groups didn't work, staging didn't work and even trying to retract the "gear" (nonexistent but there's an indicator anyway) did nothing. Had to revert to VAB. Starting a new game fixed that, staging now works normally but reactors are still dead. Thermal rocket fires but provides 0 kN thrust (big surprise, there's no power).

Standard fission reactors work fine. No problem there. Ship launches and crashes as usual due to low TWR.

I've tried deleting the WarpPlugin folder (and all Interstellar folders) but no improvement.

I'm running a number of other mods but nothing that should obviously interfere.

Thots?

-S

I've been trying to place air intakes on my planes but every time I select any kind of intake, the game basically breaks and I have to restart it. Parts become unusable from the list to the left and every-time I try to load that file with the intake parts on it, it breaks the game once again requiring a restart. The craft file name also changes to "Vehicle Name". The reason I'm posting this here is because I've Googled this bug and a few threads seem to say that interstellar is the problem. Anyone experienced this bug before?

I've been trying to place air intakes on my planes but every time I select any kind of intake, the game basically breaks and I have to restart it. Parts become unusable from the list to the left and every-time I try to load that file with the intake parts on it, it breaks the game once again requiring a restart. The craft file name also changes to "Vehicle Name". The reason I'm posting this here is because I've Googled this bug and a few threads seem to say that interstellar is the problem. Anyone experienced this bug before?

Are you using the stock bug fix's symmetry fix? That had this problem with a recent update and people were told to go to an older version.

So, is there some kind of bug with the science lab and it not producing antimatter? I've tried everything I can think of, but no matter what, even with 5 GW of power constantly on max warp, it produces nothing. Tanks don't get filled, tried fuel lines to the tanks even, nothing. And the status window says A: 0.0 ng/day, even though the status above it says "producing antimatter"

So, is there some kind of bug with the science lab and it not producing antimatter? I've tried everything I can think of, but no matter what, even with 5 GW of power constantly on max warp, it produces nothing. Tanks don't get filled, tried fuel lines to the tanks even, nothing. And the status window says A: 0.0 ng/day, even though the status above it says "producing antimatter"

Nobody has any ideas on this?

fractal is on a hiatus, I believe, I know of no planned return date.

Just wanted to let you guys know that Boris-Barboris has released an 0.90 compatible maintenance update here.

EDIT: In addition, FreeThinker has kindly released a "extended" version of Boris-Barboris's 0.90 KSPI here.

Edited by SpaceLaunchSystem