[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Oh wow, I'd nearly forgotten about that. If I recall, there was an issue with the animation?

For those curious to what we speak of.

I never had a problem with the animation when I used it...

Guess I'll see if the mediafire link still works and check it out myself.

~Steve

EDIT:

WarpDrive2 still works perfectly.

http://www./download/ewkw5zkzuss6s2h/WarpDrive2.7z

Just make sure you edit the name of the first one to WarpDrive21. It's the one error in the thing.

Edited by NeoAcario

I never had a problem with the animation when I used it...

Guess I'll see if the mediafire link still works and check it out myself.

~Steve

EDIT:

WarpDrive2 still works perfectly.

http://www./download/ewkw5zkzuss6s2h/WarpDrive2.7z

Just make sure you edit the name of the first one to WarpDrive21. It's the one error in the thing.

By edit the name of the first one, do you mean the one that comes with Interstellar?

By edit the name of the first one, do you mean the one that comes with Interstellar?

No no... in the warpdrive2 pack that was made a long time ago upon request. The 2.5m is called WarpDrive22 and the 3.75m is called WarpDrive23. Just change the name of the 1.25m one to WarpDrive21. As I recall you need to do this to make sure that it does load the wrong warp drive when you try and load a save with one of these transforming warp drives.

~Steve

EDIT:

Not the name of the par config. That doesn't matter. In the part config itself. One of the first couple lines is part name. Change THAT to WarpDrive21.

Forgot how awesome this transforming / collapsing warp drive was. PLEASE include this in the full mod?

Edited by NeoAcario

No no... in the warpdrive2 pack that was made a long time ago upon request. The 2.5m is called WarpDrive22 and the 3.75m is called WarpDrive23. Just change the name of the 1.25m one to WarpDrive21. As I recall you need to do this to make sure that it does load the wrong warp drive when you try and load a save with one of these transforming warp drives.

~Steve

EDIT:

Not the name of the part. That doesn't matter. In the part config itself. One of the first couple lines is part name. Change THAT to WarpDrive21.

Huh, I just tried to use the 3.75m as a test and it swapped parts on me.

EDIT:

And looking through the Configs, I figured out why. Fixed it already.

Edited by Jivaii

Huh, I just tried to use the 3.75m as a test and it swapped parts on me.

EDIT:

And looking through the Configs, I figured out why. Fixed it already.

Same part name: WarpDrive3. Change it to whatever you like. I use WarpDrive23. Again, not the file name.. in the config file.. change where is says NAME.

~Steve

Same part name: WarpDrive3. Change it to whatever you like. I use WarpDrive23. Again, not the file name.. in the config file.. change where is says NAME.

~Steve

Yup. I went ahead and threw it into the WarpPlugin folder in GameData, mostly so I didn't have even more folders I didn't need.

If anyone is intrested, hit me up for the CFGs.

Yup. I went ahead and threw it into the WarpPlugin folder in GameData, mostly so I didn't have even more folders I didn't need.

If anyone is intrested, hit me up for the CFGs.

Do you think you could package up the files & fixes, upload somewhere and provide a link? That way down the road others won't have to spend time tracking the original and figuring it out for themselves.

@Fractal_UK

Awesome indeed.

Also, while I may sound as a grammarnazi here, I believe the spelling of "tokomak" is incorrect, since I haven't heard of any abbreviation with an "o" - after all, it should be a torroidal camera with magnetic coils, both in russian and english. AFAIK, most common english spelling is tokamak.

The correct spelling is Tokamak

No, but you can point them in different directions and increase the angle of deviation. I usually have 2-4 receivers and usually don't loose power, even in areas with few satellites.

For that craft the limiting factor is actually the small plasma thruster and LF.

Here's my install of the second warp drive (Awesome for plane use) I added them to the tech tree at the same point the other drives are.
Not to be a Mr. Demandy-pants, but is there any way you set it up as a .zip instead of .rar? For Windows, the default compression method is .zip, and using it makes it so people don't have to download a whole other program so that they can load this.

I wonder why thermal nozzle burns liquid fuel and lox as well. Its not like there is some combulsion going on, nerva just heats fuel using reactor, right?

Also, stopped reactor and now cant really restart it, no menu appears when i click during eva.

also

I decided I needed a small shuttle when things go wrong....

http://imgur.com/a/CbolE

What mod is this fairing from?

2 receivers don't get more combined power do they?

Actually, I think in some cases they do. I think in cases where you are far enough away that you are starting to get distance losses, the second receiver is capable of "picking up the slack", so to speak, letting you get full power from further distances.

DISCLAIMER: I have not actually tested this. I was diving through the source code earlier and I'm simply speculating that this is what will happen.

I wonder why thermal nozzle burns liquid fuel and lox as well. Its not like there is some combulsion going on, nerva just heats fuel using reactor, right?

Also, stopped reactor and now cant really restart it, no menu appears when i click during eva.

Normally, yes. That's how most NTR propulsion works. However, there have been real-life proposals to use LOX-augmented NTRs to have significantly greater thrust at an expense of lower ISP. The theory is to take oxidizer and pump it into the nozzle just after the reactor where it combusts with the super-heated fuel, similar to how an afterburner works. A lot of papers on the subject are behind paywalls, but I found an abstract for one paper that claimed a 440% thrust output with a 45% ISP compared to standard NTRs, very similar to the performance of LFO mode in KSPI thermal rockets.

What mods is Interstellar mod compatible with because whenever i put it in my game and then run it it crashes. Anyone else have this problem?

Oh wait i fixed it just needed to rename the Modularmanger to 1_5_6 or what ever was already there

Edited by Godsvilla

Actually, I think in some cases they do. I think in cases where you are far enough away that you are starting to get distance losses, the second receiver is capable of "picking up the slack", so to speak, letting you get full power from further distances.

DISCLAIMER: I have not actually tested this. I was diving through the source code earlier and I'm simply speculating that this is what will happen.

RadHazard is correct, they do improve the performance IF you are suffering from power losses (i.e. distance and/or atmosphere). By adding more receivers you are increasing the surface area of what you can receive meaning interference and distance play less of a role. This is also why later in the tech tree you can unlock a large deployable transceiver as it allows really good reception even over long distances.

Not to be a Mr. Demandy-pants, but is there any way you set it up as a .zip instead of .rar? For Windows, the default compression method is .zip, and using it makes it so people don't have to download a whole other program so that they can load this.

That's...actually kinda demanding. WINrar isn't a heavy program, and is widely used. It's what I use myself.