[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

The thing with the impactor is that is completely out of scale with the stock science experiments, where the maximum you get is 200 MB from the atmospheric nosecone. It should be downscaled to something like that, or at least have an option in the science.cfg file (with AFAIK it currently doesn't)

I agree. Unfortunately for this and other issues, Fractal is not interested in getting feedback from the community.

So I'm about to construct my first fission power station, and I thought I'd seek some clarification.

1. To my understanding, the reactor produces actinides. These can be reprocessed by a lab, but does it have to be directly connected, or can it be docked separately?

2. So when I do that, I get depleted fuels. Any way to get rid of those without changing out large sections of station for new ones?

3. Can the microwave transceiver be docked, and is the transmission directional, or just the reception?

Sorry about all the questions, but thanks in advanced.

I've made sure that archive is right and not damaged, reinstaled mod 3 times, downloaded 2 times. It just seems to not load up the textures...

Problems with textures loading is usually due to hitting the memory limit. Are you using the Texture Management addon or any low-res textures? Or try removing one addon with a lot of textures, like KWRocketry and see if the game loads properly.

So I'm about to construct my first fission power station, and I thought I'd seek some clarification.

1. To my understanding, the reactor produces actinides. These can be reprocessed by a lab, but does it have to be directly connected, or can it be docked separately?

2. So when I do that, I get depleted fuels. Any way to get rid of those without changing out large sections of station for new ones?

3. Can the microwave transceiver be docked, and is the transmission directional, or just the reception?

Sorry about all the questions, but thanks in advanced.

Lab can be docked, and UF4/ThF4 cantainers also can be docked. The only way to get rid of depleted fuels is to throw away those containers and bring new ones, so you should design your station with this in mind (additionaly you cannot transfer ThF4/UF4, so integrating this containers to ship/station structure make absolutely no sense).

Microwave transceivers can be docked and only reception is directional, for transmitter/relay direction does not matter.

Edited by Lightwarrior

Lab can be docked, and UF4/ThF4 cantainers also can be docked. The only way to get rid of depleted fuels is to throw away those containers and bring new ones, so you should design your station with this in mind (additionaly you cannot transfer ThF4/UF4, so integrating this containers to ship/station structure make absolutely no sense).

Microwave transceivers can be docked and only reception is directional, for transmitter/relay direction does not matter.

Or use the lazor systems mod. :D

But are there containers to throw away the actinides/depleted fuels? I'm not seeing any.

It's there in the first post.

Wise guy.

Can someone link me to an explained tech tree where ALL of the parts for this mod are achieved and not just the MOST OP OF THE PARTS.

In case I didn't explain myself properly, this is what I meant as well - thanks. Tho I really only just need to see what node leads to what.

Edited by Gaiiden

Silly question, but how do I get ammonia, I haven't seen any container for ammonia.

Searching the forum I only saw it is possible to get it from kerbin oceans, but if it is the case then the guys from KSC could get it form me and put it into a nice container to fit into my rocket :)

In case I didn't explain myself properly, this is what I meant as well - thanks. Tho I really only just need to see what node leads to what.

In the stock tree:

The nuclear reactors and thermal rockets are in Nuclear Propulsion.

There's an intanke precooler in the Supersonic Flight node.

The thermal turbojets and atmospheric intakes are in High Altitude Flight.

The atmospheric scoops are in Hypersonic Flight.

The Phased Array Microwave Transceiver is in Specialized Electrics; this is not the foldout one.

The fixed radiators are in Advanced Electrics.

The generators and foldout radiators are in Large Electrics.

The accelerometer remains in Electronics, where it is joined by the Gamma ray Spectrometer, the Magnetometer, the IR telescope, and the cryostat modules

The atmospheric/oceanic spectrometers, refineries, and science lab are in Advanced Science Tech

Beyond that, Fractal added several nodes, hence the tree.cfg file. These nodes contain the following items:

55xVHqY.png

Additionally, two Methane tanks and an engine are in Experimental Rocketry, which is revealed after unlocking Very Heavy Rocketry.

If I missed anything, lemme know.

Silly question, but how do I get ammonia, I haven't seen any container for ammonia.

Searching the forum I only saw it is possible to get it from kerbin oceans, but if it is the case then the guys from KSC could get it form me and put it into a nice container to fit into my rocket :)

The oddly angled tanks at the end of the propulsion tab. One is water and one is Ammonia. Ammonia converts 3:1 to Hydrazine (monoprop), if you're curious. You can also harvest Ammonia on Laythe... although I'm not positive if it's in atmo or the oceans. I think it's in the water.

~Steve

What's the deal with the white nuclear reactors? They're quite obviously tilted by several degrees, making for some unsightly and difficult to balance craft. Is there a fix around?

I noticed that too, so I dug around and noticed that a few numbers were switched around in MODEL. Made a MM plugin to fix it (including the 2.5m one, as well):

//Fixes the 1.25m "Sethlans" Nuclear Reactor
@PART[FNPFissionReactor125]{
@MODEL{
@scale = 0.9,0.9,0.9
@rotation = 0,0,0
}
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.813, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.788, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
}

//Fixes the 2.5m "Sethlans 2" Nuclear Reactor
@PART[FNPFissionReactor250]{
@MODEL{
@scale = 0.9,0.9,0.9
@rotation = 0,0,0
}
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.65, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.65, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
}

Problems with textures loading is usually due to hitting the memory limit. Are you using the Texture Management addon or any low-res textures? Or try removing one addon with a lot of textures, like KWRocketry and see if the game loads properly.

On this copy of KSP i got only a B9 pack and Interstellar mod + MechJeb 2.1.1.

Thats all.

On another one I got like 7 or 8 mods installed and it is pretty much working w/o problems.

Thats all.

On another one I got like 7 or 8 mods installed and it is pretty much working w/o problems.

Use boulder co. texture compressor :D

Thats all.

Well I can tell you for sure that there is no inherent conflict between the 3 mods listed that should result in a missing texture like that. Its also not the number of mods that leads to memory issues but more the part count/texture size in the individual mods. B9 is a monster of a mod and KSPI is starting to get up there too these days. I can think of quite a few mods that you could take 7 or 8 of them together and end up with a memory footprint smaller than the pair of B9 and KSP.

Still for trouble shooting purposes I'd recommend trying a fresh stock install of KSP and add only KSPI to it. If you still see the texture issue there is either something seriously wrong with your system itself or files are somehow getting corrupted during download or your somehow installing something improperly(but I'll assume you know how to install mods at this point). From there if it does not manifest add your desired mods until it manifests or hopefully fails to. While adding mods be careful if one overwrites module manager, make sure its not replacing with an older version. If adding B9 to KSPI does make it come back I'd recomend trying a texture compressor like Boa recomended or the B9 texture reduction pack and see what that does.

What's the deal with the white nuclear reactors? They're quite obviously tilted by several degrees, making for some unsightly and difficult to balance craft. Is there a fix around?

Don't know how this happened but is obviously some kind of copy/paste error. It will be fixed in the next update.

Is that also what happened to the DT Vista Inertial Fusion Engine? it seems to have a slight torque (on a ship with the minimum mass to run it, I have .1KN of torque according to the RCS Balancer plugin)