[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Nobody has any ideas on this?

Hey barwick,

I just threw up a quick setup, and got it to manufacture AP:

VEpotqS.jpg

Is that what yours looks like? This is a completely fresh install, btw, with Fractal's original overlaid by Boris' 0.90, overlaid again by FreeThinker's stuff.

I'm also having a problem I hope someone knows the answer to, certain tech tree points aren't showing up, namely the fusion tech, i have the prerequisites, and i all of the other tech options from KSPI that i should have unlocked have unlocked, but this one is just absent, i checked in my save folder and the tree.cfg has them there (top of the page in fact) they just won't show up :( any ideas? really want that dual mode thermal turbojet upgrade

I'm also having a problem I hope someone knows the answer to, certain tech tree points aren't showing up, namely the fusion tech, i have the prerequisites, and i all of the other tech options from KSPI that i should have unlocked have unlocked, but this one is just absent, i checked in my save folder and the tree.cfg has them there (top of the page in fact) they just won't show up :( any ideas? really want that dual mode thermal turbojet upgrade

You need to activate KSPI techtree or CTT in the TechManager before the fusion techs become visible

You need to activate KSPI techtree or CTT in the TechManager before the fusion techs become visible

yeah I found what the problem was just now :P pretty embarrassing I'd managed to extract TechManager to the main folder not GameData, saw it there while i was starting the game up and thought "ah, that would explain why I don't have the tech tree options..." >.<

yeah I found what the problem was just now :P pretty embarrassing I'd managed to extract TechManager to the main folder not GameData, saw it there while i was starting the game up and thought "ah, that would explain why I don't have the tech tree options..." >.<

My guess is this accounts for 95% of all problems experienced by players. But it happens to the best of us by accident. I hope in the future I can make it CKAN compatible, which hopefully solves this problem to a large degree.

I'm surprised to see people still posting here when KSP-I is current outdated...

I assume you guys are using the 0.90 port? Or KSP-Interstellar Extended? (link in my signature)

Also, FreeThinker, we really ought to think about making KSP-I Extended a standalone that doesn't require players to first install the 0.90 port and then overwrite certain files with ones from Extended... That would make the installation process much easier and probably lead to us getting a lot more players downloading the mod...

Regards,

Northstar

I'm surprised to see people still posting here when KSP-I is current outdated...

I assume you guys are using the 0.90 port? Or KSP-Interstellar Extended? (link in my signature)

Also, FreeThinker, we really ought to think about making KSP-I Extended a standalone that doesn't require players to first install the 0.90 port and then overwrite certain files with ones from Extended... That would make the installation process much easier and probably lead to us getting a lot more players downloading the mod...

Regards,

Northstar

nope im using this version on 0.25 because i cant get the 0.90 port to work, just glitches like mad, and actually there are just so many more compatible mods for 0.25 i habe preferred switching back immensely.

On another note though my B9 sabre intercooler always says "offline" anyone know what thatsa about? Does it work with radial intakes or not?

Try posting on the 0.90 port thread for support. Most mods are up-to-date for 0.90 by now- I'm really surprised you're still having issues with any of them!

Also, KSP-I Extended will probably eventually come as a standalone that includes all the 0.90 port files, if I can convince FreeThinker to eventually come around to this perspective... It includes some bug-fixes even vs. the 0.90 port, so I suggest giving the Extended config a try even now, or especially once it comes as a standalone...

Regards,

Northstar

Try posting on the 0.90 port thread for support. Most mods are up-to-date for 0.90 by now- I'm really surprised you're still having issues with any of them!

Also, KSP-I Extended will probably eventually come as a standalone that includes all the 0.90 port files, if I can convince FreeThinker to eventually come around to this perspective... It includes some bug-fixes even vs. the 0.90 port, so I suggest giving the Extended config a try even now, or especially once it comes as a standalone...

Regards,

Northstar

Yeah I'm not sure what's going on, Infernal Robots straight up refuses to work, I wanted to get EVE to work but my game just force quits on start up when i try to get it running (works no problems on 0.25, and after getting used to clouds it just doesnt feel right without them any more) KSPI + extended I get all sorts of problems with resources not showing up and with items that do appear in VAB growing larger and dissapearing when i mouse-over them, and I had crashes every 20-30 mins even with active texture management, and ended up with a game breaking glitch where whenever i changed to control a different craft they got attacked by a very sudden, very violent kraken (not a clue what caused this but it infurated me to the point that i just refused to go back to it to find out). have none of these problems on 0.25 with pretty much the same mods and i'm pretty stuck into my current game by now so i think im going to keep myself entertained with this until 1.0 is released, then i'll transfer start afresh there once some of my favorite mods (kspi included hopefully) get compatability confirmed

Well, very soon I intend to create Beta 0.9 Release which can be downloaded as a single download. KSPI-E 1.0 Is planned after KSP 1.0 release. Hopefull we can then close this discussion

Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...
Well, very soon I intend to create Beta 0.9 Release which can be downloaded as a single download. KSPI-E 1.0 Is planned after KSP 1.0 release. Hopefull we can then close this discussion

Good to see. This thread once had epic levels of discussion (and, hopefully, downloads) and with the mod now spread between a few different threads, including the add-on development one, I fear it isn't getting the attention it deserves since Fractal left and you guys took over as caretakers. I hope a brand new thread with a single download requirement will bring interest in KSP-I back up again and help new players find the answers they need without having to leap-frog through several threads.

Looking forward to it! (And 1.0 too...)

Just to keep the thread alive... There seems to be a lot of support for a port of "stock" KSP-I to 1.0, in much the same way as Boris did for 0.90. Obviously there would be more work involved due to the changes in how the tech tree is handled, and then there's aerodynamics etc. I'm not up to the task but hoping there's someone out there who is...

Also, from what I gather, it looks like the NERVA's now overheat very easily without spamming a ton of wing parts as heat radiator fins... Those KSP-I radiators are going to be even handier now, although I kind of loathe that NERVA's now have THIS new mechanic on top of their weight and poor thrust to "balance" them...

Also, from what I gather, it looks like the NERVA's now overheat very easily without spamming a ton of wing parts as heat radiator fins... Those KSP-I radiators are going to be even handier now, although I kind of loathe that NERVA's now have THIS new mechanic on top of their weight and poor thrust to "balance" them...

I'm afraid, on the short term you going to need another sollution for that because Interstellar only handles WasteHeat resource, not the Stock Heat. One the otherhand it might be an idea for the future, to somehow affect each other. KSP heat could theoreticly be converted into Wasteheat which would then be radiate into space with any kspi radiator.

Edited by FreeThinker