[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Yes, its been reported here before and Fractal has acknowledged it, are you sure you are running the latest build? I thought that was fixed already, might be its in the next release and i fixed mine manually, dont recall. Somewhere in this thread someone posted a MM fix for it I think, but heavens knows where.

Well, I think I am using the latest build, plus some additional files from Wave from his build I think.

I would sacrifice a guinea pig to the person who gives me a link for the ModuleManager fix for these reactors...It annoys me.

Tried searching but the possible keywords are too many and the search engine of the forums is terrible.

The "Electrolyse Water" option of my ISRU refinery on Minmus' lesser flats refuses to generate liquid fuel /oxidiser.

The "Extract Water" option works as expected, and the "Electrolyse Water" option does in fact consume both electricity and the "LqdWater" resource generated by extraction, but no fuel / oxidiser appears in my tanks. There are no seperate water tanks on the refinery, only the 100 units from within the ISRUs of which I have 2.

The refinery is connected to the near-empty fuel tank (in the bottom center of the stack) via a docked pair of 1.25m docking ports. Crossfeeding is enabled on that connection. I tried fiddling around with KAS fuel pipes running from the refinery to the fuel tank but that doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

I put a screenshot up to ease debugging:

The ship on the right is supposed to become the fuel shuttle for orbiting customers. Nevermind the weird KAS piping at the moment of the screenshot, I was trying various routes for the fuel flow to enable the water electrolysis.

Thanks in advance.

You must have a fuel tank stack mounted to one of the two stack nodes off the ISRU.

I hide the tiniest of fuel tanks in the framework that I use to radially mount the ISRU.

screenshot33.png

~Steve

EDIT:

Then I just use Fuel Balancer while time warp to get the fuel into the landed/docked refueling vehicle.

Edited by NeoAcario

How about an automode switch for quantum vacuum plasma that remembers the last regular fuel and automaticly disables automode when you manually switch fuels?

http://i.imgur.com/qpJ2Jqu.png

Yes, that means you no longer have to switch modes before launching each and every time after you get the quantum vacuum upgrade unless you want to switch to a specific fuel.

You can thanks the superior amount of annoyance I experienced testing the receiver regulator.:P

Looks great :), automatic switch for thermal turbojet would be nice too :)

BTW

How did you get that Flight Data window? It looks like a MechJeb window but I haven't seen anything like this.

Looks great :), automatic switch for thermal turbojet would be nice too :)

BTW

How did you get that Flight Data window? It looks like a MechJeb window but I haven't seen anything like this.

You know you can make and edit your own MechJeb windows... right?

All of my windows are custom... there's very specific data values that I want during certain aspects of flight.

~Steve

Edited by NeoAcario

NaN means that the value that returned is not a real number. Try to reproduce it in a new save and detail what steps you took. Have you manipulated the config files at all? What other mods do you have installed?

Thanks for the reply my mods are as follows

KH4

KAS

KSO

FASA

KW

Mechjeb

chatterer

Magicsmoke

Interstellar

Targetron

Blizzy's toolbar

SCANsat

Edit> No I haven't changed any configs.

The only thing I did that was different from the norm was store a few experiments in the ASLEP from the FASA LEM, IDK maybe they was duplicate experiments maybe that it what did it? Any way I will send an atmospheric probe back to duna without storing experiments, because to redo the whole mission would take the better part of the day and I have plans for my MKO-SS.

Edited by Woodstar

You know you can make and edit your own MechJeb windows... right?

All of my windows are custom... there's very specific data values that I want during certain aspects of flight.

~Steve

I didn't know that there is so much of useful info there, thanks for a tip!

You must have a fuel tank stack mounted to one of the two stack nodes off the ISRU.

I hide the tiniest of fuel tanks in the framework that I use to radially mount the ISRU.

~Steve

EDIT:

Then I just use Fuel Balancer while time warp to get the fuel into the landed/docked refueling vehicle.

I was afraid that'd be the case. Well... on to new shores then, next launch in 3... 2... 1...

Interstellar doesn't work for me now that the game updated to .23.5

Hopefully this can get resolved soon.

That was fast. You came here just for that? /shrug

A save from .23 does not work properly but a new career save, which seems to be the only way to get asteroids, will load. The basic Interstellar things show up in VAB.

Interstellar doesn't work for me now that the game updated to .23.5

Hopefully this can get resolved soon.

If you're on steam... you can easily set it to not auto update. This is highly recommended. Wait until your favorite mods get updated before you update your game.

Just what I do

~Steve

If you're on steam... you can easily set it to not auto update. This is highly recommended. Wait until your favorite mods get updated before you update your game.

Just what I do

~Steve

That does not always work. Steam does what Steam wants to do, which is almost always set "no update" to "F U I'll update and screw up your mods."

That does not always work. Steam does what Steam wants to do, which is almost always set "no update" to "F U I'll update and screw up your mods."

Haven't had a problem for the last few updates... but that's just me.

Although now that I see it in my library listing as 'Update Required' you all have my nervous.

~Steve

EDIT:

I think I have a problem... it shows over 1,000 hours played. And that's AFTER they started giving out steam codes. Is there such a thing as playing too much KSP?

Edited by NeoAcario

I have a couple games with permanent problems like that. Changing updates does nothing. I have at least one game that doesn't generate cards. Steam is by no means perfect. Never trust it with a modded game.

So.. I have a question... does anyone have the 'perfect' solar farm? ie.. a station/probe in Low Kerbol Orbit used to gather light and turn it into transmitted power?

Specifically I'm looking for exactly how much battery I'm going to need with respect to what orbit altitude and how much power I'm collecting... to yield how many watts of transmitted power, and finally of course how much in the way of radiators that requires.

Anyone have this all worked out yet? And if so... why have you not put it on the wiki?

~Steve

NFP-packs biggest panels are also pretty good, but need LONG ships because the way they open. I had a ship with 4 such panels, build from two separate ships, bit wobbly, but it worked, output was bad, but it didn't had much battery power.

Antimatter Reactor help. KSP 0.23

I've been trying for hours/days to get a 1.5m antimatter reactor to work. I have an electric generator connected to the reactor and antimatter fuel transferred to a container on-board the vessel. The antimatter reactor stays at Status: Active (0.00%) while producing no power regardless of what I do. The reactor will not consume antimatter. The electric generator is set to direct conversion but generates no electricity.

fEdFhqu.png

ZLIVgVY.png

I also have a small 0.65m KIWI fission reactor powering a 0.65m electric generator. This is providing 2.56 MW to the craft. I'm new to KSP Interstellar and am trying to power a plasma engine with the antimatter reactor. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So.. I have a question... does anyone have the 'perfect' solar farm? ie.. a station/probe in Low Kerbol Orbit used to gather light and turn it into transmitted power?

Specifically I'm looking for exactly how much battery I'm going to need with respect to what orbit altitude and how much power I'm collecting... to yield how many watts of transmitted power, and finally of course how much in the way of radiators that requires.

Anyone have this all worked out yet? And if so... why have you not put it on the wiki?

~Steve

I was working out the very same thing before .23.5 seems to have caused Infernal Robotics to stop working. 240 XL panels @ 75,000 km kerbol orbit are making 470 MW. Part count there is 560 or so by that stage I think. You can see int the vid I need to add some more heatsinks.

Edit: I forgot to add it only has two batteries. both are the largest type in stock i believe (4000 charge).

Edited by smithton

Try powering down the fission reactor and small generator, forcing the antimatter reactor to provide the power.

edit: The vessel reports that you only need a draw of 40 kW, which the 62.5 cm reactor is more than capable of providing. Thus the Antimatter reactor is seeing no need to throttle up at all.