[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

My game consistently crashes in the loading process at "WarpPlugin/Parts/Engines/ThermalRocketNozzle/glow". Has anyone else had this problem or know how to resolve it?

The most common reason people crash during loading is KSP running out of memory. Do you have a lot of mods loaded? If so you probably want to try one of the memory reduction mods, like Active Texture Management. I think there was a link to it on the previous page.

Updated the experimental version to include the latest release changes. Some stuff got lost in the process, mostly the tooltip improvements and config file edits.

// slashes indicate changes that were rolled back when merging with the official version and I haven't yet reapplied them.

Version Experimental
- Fixed data collection on magnetometer.
- Added more details to generator, reactor and radiator modules.
- Added atmospheric intake functionality to atmospheric scoops.
- Charging is now disabled by default on the alcubierre drives.
- Added 1000 EC to computer core, and increased torque to 5/5/5.
- //Added a more detailed tooltip description for the computer core.
- //Added details about power transmission to array and reciever to tooltip descriptions.
- //Added details about generator attachment and modes to tooltip descriptions.
- //Added detail to the GC/MS tooltip to indicate that it is also a science experiment.
- //Added details to the GRS description to indicate that it is useful for detecting concentrations of uranium and thorium.
- //Added a more detailed description of the science labs capabilities.
- //Added a clarification of the crygenic helium tank, and its use with the IR telescope.
- //Added details about the magnetometer is also a science experiment to the tooltip desciption.
- //Added details to the helium-3 container to clarify that it does not store helium, and is used as a reator fuel.
- //Added tooltip to antimatter containers to indicate maximum capacity.
- The UN tank now uses the correct model.
- Charging is now disabled by default for antimatter containers.
- Microwave recievers will now attempt to throttle reception to equal demand. (experimental)
- Plasma engines now have the capability to automaticely toggle between quantum vacuum plasma and normal fuel. (experimental)
- Added "radial" warp drive models.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

WaveFunctionP: I do have a diff that integrates your dev tree with 0.11 and keeps your edits. If you're interested I can send that to you. (Might need a few adjustments for the changed tree in regard to "Upgrade Information".)

In your latest checkin I found a few borked files. Namely FNPlugin/FNReactor.cs and FNPlugin/PluginHelper.cs that push windows-specific line-endings and prompt me to do a whole file diff (as in 580 lines removed, 580 lines added).

I have the history, its just a matter of going back and copy/pasting. (Though it would easier if fractal just uploaded a complete gamedata folder to the repo. :P)

I have line endings set to auto in the git config, which github says is the correct setting. So, I have no idea why or how to change those files to not be problematic. I'll do a small edit to each and push and see if that resolves the issue.

For those of you playing release, here are few useful patches.

{snip}

Data collection fix for Magnetometer:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4qtsxlnulo8y34/part.cfg

Correct the model for the UN tank:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n25irs65sr60la2/Part.cfg

edit: nothing wrong with the arcjet model path after all.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

For those of you playing release, here are few useful patches.

Corrections for broken arcjet config files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dko0wf7vvaq2p1j/part0.cfg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jy0mh2o114agjxt/part1.cfg

I am not seeing any difference between those files and the .cfgs in the release version.

There is no problem with the arcjet in the current version as far as I'm aware.

I have a question:

an I update game mid-save? Or will it corrupt my saved game? Or will not change tech-tree?

I never had any problems upgrading an ongoing career mode save during testing.

The most significant change will be if you update having already researched the late nodes (Antimatter Power and Ultra High Energy Physics) because there is a new fusion tech node, which you'll need to go back and research. This might mean you temporarily lose access to certain parts but it won't do any harm to your actual save.

If you're worried, just make a backup before doing it.

I never had any problems upgrading an ongoing career mode save during testing. [...].

Thanks for quick reply :)

I'd give you some reputation, but it seems I have to spread it somewhere else before giving it to you again...

I am not seeing any difference between those files and the .cfgs in the release version.

There is no problem with the arcjet in the current version as far as I'm aware.

The file path for the model reference uses AugmentedArcjet instead of AugmentedArcJet, which causes them not to load. I noticed the issue when testing my automatic power reception algorithm.

I'm also noticing issues with the power caps for the electric engines. Both the arcjets appear to only consume 1.5GW max power, the regular plasma engines use much more, but it doesn't appear to consistent with the config files. I'll admit I when I looked at the code, I couldn't make heads or tails of it. It is possible that my version is messing up the calculations, I'll have to run against the release version to confirm.

edit: nevermind. Somehow my local folder got renamed.

edit: Who knew renaming a friggen folder could be such a pain with git.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

The file path for the model reference uses AugmentedArcjet instead of AugmentedArcJet, which causes them not to load. I noticed the issue when testing my automatic power reception algorithm.

I'm also noticing issues with the power caps for the electric engines. Both the arcjets appear to only consume 1.5GW max power, the regular plasma engines use much more, but it doesn't appear to consistent with the config files. I'll admit I when I looked at the code, I couldn't make heads or tails of it. It is possible that my version is messing up the calculations, I'll have to run against the release version to confirm.

edit: nevermind. Somehow my local folder got renamed.

edit: Who knew renaming a friggen folder could be such a pain with git.

Yeps, its my algorithm. I'm on a roll with being wrong today. :)

I find it slightly infuriating that the moment I turn on my transmitter, it completely drains the vessel of ElectricCharge, rendering it uncontrollable.

Then add an RTG and enough batteries to sustain the transmission rate.

Congratulations on the new release, it sounds great - the new refinery especially will make resource harvesting a lot more viable I think! And thanks for the toolbar integration too!

Won't be able to test it for a while as off for a months holiday!

Probably too early to be asking this, but would love to see power input limiters for microwave receivers so our little probes aren't overloaded by the 400 GW power network available!

Congratulations on the new release, it sounds great - the new refinery especially will make resource harvesting a lot more viable I think! And thanks for the toolbar integration too!

Won't be able to test it for a while as off for a months holiday!

Probably too early to be asking this, but would love to see power input limiters for microwave receivers so our little probes aren't overloaded by the 400 GW power network available!

That feature is included but I think I (stupidly) left it out of the changelog.

@Fractal_UK Your a jerk you know that. I was going to sit around and wait for .24 and a for RT and a few other mods to update. But nooo, you had to go along and force me to reinstall ksp and my mods (accidentally deleted my ksp folder and all my mod zip backups). So thanks, I thought I kicked the habit but you dragged me back kicking and screaming.

@Fractal_UK Your a jerk you know that. I was going to sit around and wait for .24 and a for RT and a few other mods to update. But nooo, you had to go along and force me to reinstall ksp and my mods (accidentally deleted my ksp folder and all my mod zip backups). So thanks, I thought I kicked the habit but you dragged me back kicking and screaming.

Just do what I do... I have a folder inside my downloads folder marked 'KSP Mods'. It's always there... taunting me... holding all of my mod downloads. It comes in handy now and then when I want to check for updates (I know what version I have already) and for whenever I reinstall KSP.

~Steve

EDIT

Well that... and I keep a lot of the personal stuff I've gone and edited in my dropbox.

So for those of you who want to build an AM Power Station at Jool I have some numbers for you.

At optimal orbit you can get 573ish AM per collector per day. If you shoot for about 59% efficiency on the generator with everything upgraded you can average about 141MW of power per AM Collector.

In order to run the reactor constantly you will need....

63 Collectors for an upgraded 1.25m AM Reactor

501 Collectors for an upgraded 2.5m AM Reactor

1692 Collectors for an upgraded 3.75m AM Reactor

The only good news for the larger reactors is once you set it up you never have to go back to the lagmonster(craft) again.

Does anyone know what the units are for the resources for KSPI? I've looked all over the plugin folders and can't find a resource config to check, but I'm assuming it's all in liters/kg. Was trying to set up some configs to link TACLS with KSPI and wanted to find the correct numbers.

I have discovered something rather important about module manager, for those who like to modify the tree.cfg to allow for other mods alongside KSPI, you MUST remove underscores from part names in order for treeloader to add them to the tech tree

If you have the latest version of Active Texture Manager (v3.1) there is a Tool bar button fix for Interstellar v0.11.

Change the contents of the WarpPlugin Active Texture Management config to this to avoid a tiny tool bar button. In the folder GameData\BoulderCo\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs there is a WarpPlugin config, copy and paste the following over what is there:

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG

{

folder = WarpPlugin

enabled = true

OVERRIDES

{

WarpPlugin/[^/]*

{

compress = true

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

make_not_readable = false

}

WarpPlugin/PlanetResourceData/.*

{

compress = false

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

}

WarpPlugin/megajoule_click2

{

compress = false

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

}

WarpPlugin/thermal_click

{

compress = false

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

}

}

}

Don't have Interstellar currently installed on my personal install so if someone can verify this works please...