[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

The new techtree seems to cause some problems to me at least. I get the correct information that newer tree is available and i even made it active, although it was missing some things i use, but for that i have tree edit. Unfortunately, game seems to forget my techtree every now and then, and yes, i did restarted KSP as instructed, but still techtree got lost. I used treeloader but that loaded older version, although i haven't tested if that has been updated? For most of the time i have used a highly modified techtree from treeloader that has bunch of other mods added as it served my needs quite well. I am now simply wondering, if there is any simple method of keeping the once picked techtree?

I am having a problem with the Alcubierre drive. It activates properly, but I cannot shut it down. I tried turning off exotic matter on the drive itself, shutting down my reactor and my generator to no avail. Anyone else having this problem?

The new techtree seems to cause some problems to me at least. I get the correct information that newer tree is available and i even made it active, although it was missing some things i use, but for that i have tree edit. Unfortunately, game seems to forget my techtree every now and then, and yes, i did restarted KSP as instructed, but still techtree got lost. I used treeloader but that loaded older version, although i haven't tested if that has been updated? For most of the time i have used a highly modified techtree from treeloader that has bunch of other mods added as it served my needs quite well. I am now simply wondering, if there is any simple method of keeping the once picked techtree?

You shouldn't need to add parts to the tech tree manually, tree loader will let them place themselves in the node they should be in. Use tree loader to pick the original Interstellar tree, then update.

If you're using some other tech tree that is wildly different to the stock one then updating will just replace that with the new interstellar one.

I am having a problem with the Alcubierre drive. It activates properly, but I cannot shut it down. I tried turning off exotic matter on the drive itself, shutting down my reactor and my generator to no avail. Anyone else having this problem?

Nope, that is the one part I haven't used yet. I don't really get how to make exotic matter.

I just updated to the new version of KSP and of KSPI and MAN what a difference. It is like a whole new game. So many things that drove me insane before have been fixed. My fusion reactors are all working properly now (transmitters aren't sapping all the juice). My small plasma craft are working again. It is SO much easier to use Radiators in the VAB mow. I did do away with the RemoteTech mod for now so most of my spacecraft were wiped, no big deal though. Most of them were comm's satellites anyway. My career mode made it through pretty much intact, so I don't even have to restart (although I lost my Vista engines till I can research them again, but that's ok).

The only things I am having issues with Infernal Robotics and an occasional glitch where I won't be able to switch ships or go to the spaceport, requiring a restart. I use Infernal Robotics to swivel around my receivers but 23.5 fried them. Looks like they may be a while on that. Anybody have any thoughts on IR or hinges in general? When I use 6 receivers it tends to slow up my comp quite a bit. (These aren't KSPI issues, just thought somebody might know).

Edited by Atrius129

Do you mean you can't get out of warp? If so, by any chance, are you using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement? Part of the way it works interferes with context menus on parts; right-click on the drive again, or hit the slow-timewarp button a few more times - when at 1x speed, this often brings back context menu items.

If you're not using KJR, try right-clicking on empty space or cycling to and from the map, and then right-clicking on the warp drive again.

I have a similar problem. Only, it acts like I'm not even warping in the first place. It even lets me activate it while at warp speed. As probably part of the problem, it also doesn't show the blue and magenta contrail(?) while it's being used.

Noobish beginners: "Yeah, I'm gonna play KSP with these awesome Lightspeed warp drives! I'm gonna make antimmater bombs! I'm gonna make an antimatter engine push a heavy payload!"

KSP Interstellar: "Nope."

My life: Right here. I need up deleting this because I decided it was more of an end game thing for, you know, Scott Manelys to use.

Do you mean you can't get out of warp? If so, by any chance, are you using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement? Part of the way it works interferes with context menus on parts; right-click on the drive again, or hit the slow-timewarp button a few more times - when at 1x speed, this often brings back context menu items.

If you're not using KJR, try right-clicking on empty space or cycling to and from the map, and then right-clicking on the warp drive again.

KJR it was! I tried your suggestions first, again to no avail. I then decided since Squad updated stock joint reinforcement, I would just remove KJR. Worked like a charm! Thanks for the help, fellow kerbonaut!

Noobish beginners: "Yeah, I'm gonna play KSP with these awesome Lightspeed warp drives! I'm gonna make antimmater bombs! I'm gonna make an antimatter engine push a heavy payload!"

KSP Interstellar: "Nope."

3.75M AM reactors + thermal nozzles are the way I prefer to lift my bases/stations. Because I prefer to launch those 500 ton monsters in one piece. My problem right now is that I have more AM than I know what to do with... and I can't seem to get satisfied with my mining base design or transmitting power plant design... and I REALLY don't want to have to build a 1700+ part AM power transmitter to orbit Jool.

~Steve

I just updated to the new version of KSP and of KSPI and MAN what a difference. It is like a whole new game. So many things that drove me insane before have been fixed. My fusion reactors are all working properly now (transmitters aren't sapping all the juice). My small plasma craft are working again. It is SO much easier to use Radiators in the VAB mow. I did do away with the RemoteTech mod for now so most of my spacecraft were wiped, no big deal though. Most of them were comm's satellites anyway. My career mode made it through pretty much intact, so I don't even have to restart (although I lost my Vista engines till I can research them again, but that's ok).

The only things I am having issues with Infernal Robotics and an occasional glitch where I won't be able to switch ships or go to the spaceport, requiring a restart. I use Infernal Robotics to swivel around my receivers but 23.5 fried them. Looks like they may be a while on that. Anybody have any thoughts on IR or hinges in general? When I use 6 receivers it tends to slow up my comp quite a bit. (These aren't KSPI issues, just thought somebody might know).

Maybe it's because I'm still under 0.23, but my Fusion reactor stations still shut down when I enable transmitting and the electric helper panel shows more power used than produced. I have to manually limit the transmission rate on the part down enough to cover the power required to run the fusion plants, then it works fine. I also still have massive lag in the VAB while placing or removing radiators. None of that changed for me.

My life: Right here. I need up deleting this because I decided it was more of an end game thing for, you know, Scott Manelys to use.

If anything deserves to be the end content of a game, it's antimatter and warp drives. :)

0.11 crashes a fresh KSP 0.23.5 linux 64 bit at the load screen. It runs fine with the 32 bit. I don't know my way around gdb well enough to get a decent traceback.

Well known problem with KSP and Unity64 on Linux. (KSP.x86_64 calls 32bit assembler code from libpng.)

From the Linux Support Thread:

The Linux compatibility thread!

Segfaults!, Meeki has worked out a fix here for 0.22, helps a lot for heavily modded installs, also 0.23 has new offsets, so check out the new instructions here, thanks to MikeAeronautLZ for finding them.

Also, FuzzyLlama has found how to make the above work in Gentoo!

Updated by meeki.

And updated again for 0.23.5 by ASCII892.

Just run these in a terminal in the KSP directory, these are for 0.23.5:

echo "090f377: 00" | xxd -r - KSP.x86_64
echo "090f37c: 00" | xxd -r - KSP.x86_64

@FractalUK

The Haber Process at last! Awesome!

Now if we can just see integration of Methane Pyrolysis (so we can recycle excess methane for hydrogen recovery) and the Reverse Water Gas Shift Reaction (so we can jsut produce water, without all that wasteful and currently unrecyclable production of excess methane when all we want is the oxygen we can get from electrolyzing water- say for life support systems), the mod will be pretty close to golden when it comes to the key ISRU reactions (adjustment of the Anthraquinone Process to work off Hydrogen and Oxygen in gaseous form, like in the real world, instead of water and oxygen, would also be very useful)

Regards,

Northstar

dangit... the new tech tree borked the Collapsible Warp Drive zzz made (doesn't show up). Anyone already make a quick fix for this?

~Steve

Doesn't bork it at all. It borks the lines on the tree a bit but you should be able to reconnect them.

Hm not sure if I found a bug here of if this is a known limitation, but at least generators (I think I saw something similiar with thermal rockets too) seem to be able to use the power from other reactors. In the screenshot the tiny electric generator runs at 126%. I guess he can access at least some of the charges particles from the 1.25m fussion reactors beside him:

DMfbr4n.jpg

This happens with v0.11 on Kerbal 0.23.5

Oh and my spaceplanes never reach orbit, but I guess I cannot blame the mod for this :huh:

3.75M AM reactors + thermal nozzles are the way I prefer to lift my bases/stations. Because I prefer to launch those 500 ton monsters in one piece. My problem right now is that I have more AM than I know what to do with... and I can't seem to get satisfied with my mining base design or transmitting power plant design... and I REALLY don't want to have to build a 1700+ part AM power transmitter to orbit Jool.

~Steve

Shut up! You're pro!

dangit... the new tech tree borked the Collapsible Warp Drive zzz made (doesn't show up). Anyone already make a quick fix for this?

~Steve

BTW, collapsible Alcubierre? I dont' see this at all in my game....

BTW, collapsible Alcubierre? I dont' see this at all in my game....

Gfqt1Im.jpg

zzz made it ages ago (specifically for space planes, but I like it better than stock for everything)... like page 86 or something. For some reason Fractal doesn't want to put it into the core mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eufatsv6trvgrgd/v6S_RhHoqC

~Steve

Edited by NeoAcario

zzz made it ages ago (specifically for space planes, but I like it better than stock for everything)... like page 86 or something. For some reason Fractal doesn't want to put it into the core mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eufatsv6trvgrgd/v6S_RhHoqC

~Steve

The 2 and the 3 are bigger than the existing nonfolding. I think the 1 is about the same size. They look friggin awesome.

I don't think I edited anything from that dropbox link. Just toss them in the Electrical folder of WarpPlugin.

I'm gonna go ahead and try this out.....

I'm gonna check your problem out and see if I discover anything.

Problem is that it puts them so low in the tech tree...

The 2 and the 3 are bigger than the existing nonfolding. I think the 1 is about the same size. They look friggin awesome.

I don't think I edited anything from that dropbox link. Just toss them in the Electrical folder of WarpPlugin.

Yeah.. they work... but are WAY too easy to get at current level in tech.

I've never played around with the tech tree before.

~Steve