[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Any thoughts on why I am having issues with beamed power? See my last post for details.

Maybe because all power is being used by other ships? Try turning all other transceiver off except for one on Laythe's surface. Or power decrease through atmosphere can be reason.

It probably is because I think Karbonite uses its own version of OpenResource, but I know RoverDude has talked about compatibility of the two before.

If you use MKS and KSPI, then use the OpenResource.dll that's included in the KSPI Fix

Suggestion:

It would be a good idea for there to be a version of this mod with only the Alcubierre drives and its dependencies. This would be ideal for KSPers who download the mod only for the alcubierre drive(s) and not for the other content.

If you use MKS and KSPI, then use the OpenResource.dll that's included in the KSPI Fix

The KSPI fix adds "OpenResourceSystem_1_1_0.dll" while MKS adds "OpenResourceSystem.dll" to the same folder. You think I should just leave these alone or delete the one from MKS?

Maybe because all power is being used by other ships? Try turning all other transceiver off except for one on Laythe's surface. Or power decrease through atmosphere can be reason.

There is only one transceiver on Laythe, well there is 8 total but they are all attached to the same ship. There are no other ships in the Kerbol system that are using microwave energy as of this time. Laythe's atmosphere should be no factor in this for two reasons.

1. The ship worked fine before the update and received all the energy it needed from its parent ship in high orbit.

2. The parent ship (800KM up retro-orbit) is recieaving 5.5GW of power from Kerbin via it's Large Phased Array Transceiver. The opposite side of the ship has another Large Phased Array Transceiver that is emitting at least 5GW down to Laythe.

I need to get some more shots so you know what the whole ship looks like with it's parent ship. I'll send some tonight when I am off work.

10527776_10154419615335052_4976797339952755163_n.jpg

The KSPI fix adds "OpenResourceSystem_1_1_0.dll" while MKS adds "OpenResourceSystem.dll" to the same folder. You think I should just leave these alone or delete the one from MKS?

Delete the MKS one, because that's a recompiled version for Karbonite and MKS. The KSPI one is for both KSPI and Karbonite

Suggestion:

It would be a good idea for there to be a version of this mod with only the Alcubierre drives and its dependencies. This would be ideal for KSPers who download the mod only for the alcubierre drive(s) and not for the other content.

Dependencies for the Alcubierre drives include at least the high-end reactors, because nothing else has the power. The reactors depend on antimatter infrastructure, and are hard to separate from tritium and helium-3.

But perhaps you could break Interstellar into a list of packages something like this: Power Management, Heat Management, Power Generation, Reaction Engines, Alcubierre Drive, ISRU, and Science. Power Management would be the system that allows Megajoules requests to have priorities instead of just running out. Everything that produces or consumes Megajoules would depend on it. Heat Management would be the WasteHeat code that every heat source would depend on. It would be separate from Power Management so if another mod wanted to supply Megajoules while tracking heat in a different manner, it could.

Edited by undercoveryankee

Is there anyway to get just the science capsule with its animations without all the other baggage?

You would basically have to take the model and write a config for it that removes the dependency on the Megajoules system. I don't know whether there's another plugin out there that does science-over-time and fires an animation when the part is active, so you might end up needing your own plugin to get that working.

I'm getting a bug with this mod that doesn't let me go past the loading screen. The game loads normally for most of the time, then freezes when it gets to the Interstellar parts. This is happening both on the normal version and the experimental version. I have Active Texture Management installed, but I don't think that's the problem. I'm using the x32 bit version of KSP. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Are you talking about the fix to the experimental version Wavefunction has done? And if so I delete the openresource.dll in the MKS folder if I use them both? Because I installed MKS and my game got all laggy with plenty of memory left, I uninstalled MKS and everything was fine again.

Are you talking about the fix to the experimental version Wavefunction has done? And if so I delete the openresource.dll in the MKS folder if I use them both? Because I installed MKS and my game got all laggy with plenty of memory left, I uninstalled MKS and everything was fine again.

Yes, I mean the fix from WaveFunction. Delete the OpenResource.dll (from MKS) and place the dll from the fix in it instead to make it work.

I'm not bothered about the science.. I would just like the animated part... maybe a 1 click deploy so the animations work that's all.

If all you need is the animation and not science-over-time, then any of the generic animation modules will work. A lot of parts packs use the Firespitter plugin just for animations. BahamutoD has an animation plugin that might be lighter-weight than Firespitter.

Yes, I mean the fix from WaveFunction. Delete the OpenResource.dll (from MKS) and place the dll from the fix in it instead to make it work.

Sweet thanks been wanting to use the MKS but wasn't giving up KSPI.

Do you mean to just copy the .dll in the KSPI download or is the 'fix' you refer to something different? If so, where do I find it.

Also, what affect would this change have on MKS?

Do you mean to just copy the .dll in the KSPI download or is the 'fix' you refer to something different? If so, where do I find it.

Also, what affect would this change have on MKS?

The last time I checked, the only difference between Wave's ORS and MKS's ORS is the dll. If you've already installed MKS ORS, you just replace the DLL with the one from Wave's distribution of Interstellar. That's the fix. If you haven't installed MKS ORS yet, quickest is just to install ORS from Wave's distribution of Interstellar and then skip the ORS folder in MKS.

If all you need is the animation and not science-over-time, then any of the generic animation modules will work. A lot of parts packs use the Firespitter plugin just for animations. BahamutoD has an animation plugin that might be lighter-weight than Firespitter.

How would I go about doing that? I know nothing about unity code.... anyone want to give it a try?