[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

I just wanted to post to thank Wavefunction and FractalUK for all the awesome work they've done on this mod, as well as anyone else who has contributed in however small a way to this mod, it's my absolute favorite and really makes the game for me. I registered just to post this, as well as to hopefully chime in occasionally to answer the more obvious repeated questions (I know how annoying it is to try and read through pages of posts to find a solution, but I can also imagine how irritating it can be to those working hard on it when less-than-favorable posts are made which can be resolved through known means). Thanks again Fractal and Wavefunction, you guys are rockstars!

I am sorry. I installed the fix and did as you said, unzipping it into the gamedata folder. ORS is the version you specified.

However, when I load the game the toolbar does not load, nor do most of the part models.

I have never had Interstellar installed on my ksp, as I wiped out my steam local files a few days ago.

I am probably doing something stupid, but I cannot find any solutions in the previous 12+ pages. I would greatly appreciate the help.

Now, can you or your friend tell me how large a surface area the microwave transmitter and receiver should have for the beam not to destroy anything which crosses its path? A second number for the safe passage of biological lifeforms would also be appreciated. A total beam power somewhere between 1Gw and 10Gw sounds about right. For reference, the solar constant for Earth is about 1.5Kw/m2 - which is safe - and up to 15Kw/m2 for Mercury - which certainly doesn't sound healthy.

I'm 40-odd pages behind the thread so you've probably already covered this, but at that power level the beam would have to be huge to avoid killing a bird. Arecebo is a ~1-2MW radio telescope with a 300-meter dish, and it occasionally kills birds.

I really like this mod but I dont know if Im missing anything.

Using KSP 64x

Using the experimental version

Deleted all mods and reinstalled KSP and KSI from scratch.

But still not working. Some engines in the VAB seem to be activated and they fall off the craft on the launch pad. Same with the reactors they fall straight through the craft.

Edited by crazyewok

For those of you having problems with crashes. For the love of god post a KSP log file and the crash reports.

I am a Test Technician in RL and I love charging $475 to evaluate a product that the customer was to lazy to spend a few seconds checking to make sure they hooked it up right. And its always fun when they tell us it doesn't work and it arrives, powers up and runs.... Give us information, give us logs.

For those of you having problems with crashes. For the love of god post a KSP log file and the crash reports.

I am a Test Technician in RL and I love charging $475 to evaluate a product that the customer was to lazy to spend a few seconds checking to make sure they hooked it up right. And its always fun when they tell us it doesn't work and it arrives, powers up and runs.... Give us information, give us logs.

Im not having problems with crashes so what can I post to help?

My issues are in game.

Im not having problems with crashes so what can I post to help?

KSP generates an output log even if it doesn't crash. On OS X, the detailed log is ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log. If you're on Windows or Linux, do some searching or wait for someone to chime in with those paths. Any weird behavior that you can reproduce, you start KSP, go directly to the behavior, quit right after you've reproduced the behavior, and share the log and a detailed description of what you did.

I really like this mod but I dont know if Im missing anything.

Using KSP 64x

Using the experimental version

Deleted all mods and reinstalled KSP and KSI from scratch.

But still not working. Some engines in the VAB seem to be activated and they fall off the craft on the launch pad. Same with the reactors they fall straight through the craft.

What you are describing sounds like KSPIExp was not installed correctly. Do not install KSPI first, delete ALL of the files that pertain to it. Then extract WaveFunctionP's files into GameData.

What you are describing sounds like KSPIExp was not installed correctly. Do not install KSPI first, delete ALL of the files that pertain to it. Then extract WaveFunctionP's files into GameData.

Thats the thing. I completely uninstalled KSP so no old KSPI files no conflicting mods. And the problem still pops up.

- - - Updated - - -

KSP generates an output log even if it doesn't crash. On OS X, the detailed log is ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log. If you're on Windows or Linux, do some searching or wait for someone to chime in with those paths. Any weird behavior that you can reproduce, you start KSP, go directly to the behavior, quit right after you've reproduced the behavior, and share the log and a detailed description of what you did.

~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

If someone can let me know where this path is on windows 8 Il post it.

Edited by crazyewok

Uninstalling KSP through Steam will NOT necessarily delete the KSPI mod folders from your installation. Since.you added that stuff after the original install Steam might not know its there or want to delete it since it didn't put it there to begin with...pretty common for games that you mod actually. So just uninstalling KSP doesn't guarentee a clean install, you have to manually go in and delete all of the KSPI folders from your Gamedata folder to ununstall the mod.

What you describe sounds exactly like what happens when the latest experimental version is installed over an earlier version.

Uninstalling KSP through Steam will NOT necessarily delete the KSPI mod folders from your installation. Since.you added that stuff after the original install Steam might not know its there or want to delete it since it didn't put it there to begin with...pretty common for games that you mod actually. So just uninstalling KSP doesn't guarentee a clean install, you have to manually go in and delete all of the KSPI folders from your Gamedata folder to ununstall the mod.

What you describe sounds exactly like what happens when the latest experimental version is installed over an earlier version.

Its not installed through steam. Deleted all files from the folder so NO old files remained.

Simple question really.

Does anything in KSPI actually use the atmospheric and oceanic resources? I'm looking to maintain compatibility, but these default configs just look... weird, and they are making things more than a bit messy.

TIA

Certain ISRU processes utilize resources collected via atmospheric collection or oceanic collection. There is also a process on the science module that utilizes oceanic resources.

I have been a long time lurker on the forum but I finally have a problem that I cant seem to shake. In the Interstellar mod, when I mount a fission reactor on a space plane, rocket, or any other vehicle the assembly goes just fine, but as soon as the vehicle or plane is rendered on the launch pad the reactor unclips and 'falls' through the rest of the rocket or plane to the ground, exploding but causing no damage to the vehicle.

Interstellar is currently the only mod I have, besides the most recent MechJeb. I am pretty certain that the program is up-to-date, and it runs well besides this one glitch which pretty much makes the addon useless and unplayable. Any ideas?

Thanks,

I have been a long time lurker on the forum but I finally have a problem that I cant seem to shake. In the Interstellar mod, when I mount a fission reactor on a space plane, rocket, or any other vehicle the assembly goes just fine, but as soon as the vehicle or plane is rendered on the launch pad the reactor unclips and 'falls' through the rest of the rocket or plane to the ground, exploding but causing no damage to the vehicle.

Interstellar is currently the only mod I have, besides the most recent MechJeb. I am pretty certain that the program is up-to-date, and it runs well besides this one glitch which pretty much makes the addon useless and unplayable. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Download and use this version. It works fine here^^

https://github.com/WaveFunctionP/KSPInterstellar/releases

And I have a problem by myself. The reactors dont produce thermal power and whatever i tryed they wont work.

I give up.

When I unzip the files into the gamedata folder, they are unzipped into their own interstellar folder. However, the parts and sounds and resources aren't in their respective folders. They are all just sitting in the main file.

This of course leads to an incorrect path error, meaning I can't use the mod. I have tried everything I can think of.

I see the problem, I just don't know how to solve it. How do I get the parts, resources, and all the other components to unzip into their correct paths?

I (finally) registered an account here just to post and say thanks to Fractal and WaveFunction for all their hard work! I can't imagine how difficult it is to keep up with an ever-changing game to maintain a mod of this complexity. Hope everything is going well and thanks for all the help you give!

Its not installed through steam. Deleted all files from the folder so NO old files remained.

Which version of the game are you playing? I'm not accusing you of pirating the game, but if you are and you are running only 0.24 and not 0.24.2, that could cause issues.

Guys, I'm having a problem here. I just started a Science Sandbox game, using the latest unofficial release of Interstellar, 32 bits. But it seems that all parts are defaulted to their upgraded selfs from the beginning. For example, the heat radiators start as graphene. This kills the progression. What can I do?

Guys, I'm having a problem here. I just started a Science Sandbox game, using the latest unofficial release of Interstellar, 32 bits. But it seems that all parts are defaulted to their upgraded selfs from the beginning. For example, the heat radiators start as graphene. This kills the progression. What can I do?

Since Sandbox mode doesn't contain Science (which is used to upgrade those parts), all parts start at max by default. If you want progression, you'll have to play Career mode.