[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Okay, here's a really weird bug. Whenever I launch a vessel with a reactor onboard(type doesn't matter), the craft suffers a sever shock at 6000 meters. The craft either breaks up, or tumbles out of control. At the same time, two black bars pass on either side of the vessel.

Here's a pic of the bar

CBi8GvYl.png

Also, the reactors sometimes break away from the part below them on the launchpad.

Running KSP 0.24.0 32 bit.

Interstellar V0.11 experimental

Mods-

Tg8dmNp.png

I saw some people earlier asking about this, but didn't see if there was an answer.

Does anyone know how to solve the tech tree issue? I upated to the new KSP interstellar tech tree, but elements from an old version of it remained. http://tinyurl.com/lzj5lyl (screenshot)

Running KSP v.24.2 and KSPI experimental from WaveFunctionP

But there is science in science sandbox...

Science sandbox does use science (hence the name) but it is not working with KSPI right now. You will have to use one of the other modes for the time being.

I wish people wouldn't use "science sandbox". It confused me at first as well. It's sandbox (where you have everything), science (collect science to unlock parts) and career (collect science for parts while operating within the constraints of a monetary budget)

I wish people wouldn't use "science sandbox". It confused me at first as well. It's sandbox (where you have everything), science (collect science to unlock parts) and career (collect science for parts while operating within the constraints of a monetary budget)

you wish people wouldn't use the term that the game uses internally?

from my persistent.sfs file:

GAME
{
version = 0.24.2
Title = Immoral Space Program 2 (SCIENCE_SANDBOX)
Description = No description available.
linkURL =
linkCaption =
Mode = SCIENCE_SANDBOX
Status = 1
scene = 5
flag = Squad/Agencies/JebsJunkyard
launchID = 12
PARAMETERS

And a sandbox is just a protected environment, it doesn't mean you have everything or whatever.

Edited by naturalbornidiot

Which version of the game are you playing? I'm not accusing you of pirating the game, but if you are and you are running only 0.24 and not 0.24.2, that could cause issues.

It was brought through the KSP site but it says 0.24..0.5 so that may be the problem......

you wish people wouldn't use the term that the game uses internally?

from my persistent.sfs file:

GAME
{
version = 0.24.2
Title = Immoral Space Program 2 (SCIENCE_SANDBOX)
Description = No description available.
linkURL =
linkCaption =
Mode = SCIENCE_SANDBOX
Status = 1
scene = 5
flag = Squad/Agencies/JebsJunkyard
launchID = 12
PARAMETERS

And a sandbox is just a protected environment, it doesn't mean you have everything or whatever.

The GUI uses 3 one word terms (sandbox, science, career). If your average user is asking a question in a forum they are not asking about the variables used by coders.

How do I make the Double C Seismic Accelerometer do both the impact collection and the normal seismic data collection?

Edit: Checked the wiki and it tells me how to revert it by deleting the module but, it does not tell me how to add stock function back to it without removing the impactor experiment.

How do I make the Double C Seismic Accelerometer do both the impact collection and the normal seismic data collection?

Edit: Checked the wiki and it tells me how to revert it by deleting the module but, it does not tell me how to add stock function back to it without removing the impactor experiment.

In the WarpPlugin directory there is the science.cfg file, you probably know this already since that is the file that you have to delete. If you open it up in your favourite text editor, there should be three lines

!MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]

{

}

If you remove these and save the config file, then you should have both experiments.

If there is the way to make "Interstellar" fuels cost something? (Am, He3,Uf4,Th,Al, etc)

I want to make money by bringing back to Kerbin an extracted resources. For now in "KSP 24.2 + experimental Interstellar" it's not enough "funds" to implement features of this mod only by missions. I can help with prices.

PS I'm not talking about walktrough in 3 missions then go to sandbox. I want economy.

Edited by Meltafire

Anyone else having an issue with the thermo and turbo jet? it seems like the same problem as the Sabre engines from B9. I'm assuming its to do with firespitter and exurgent engineer but i've got the latest versions.

will downloading the previous versions help?

In the WarpPlugin directory there is the science.cfg file, you probably know this already since that is the file that you have to delete. If you open it up in your favourite text editor, there should be three lines

!MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]

{

}

If you remove these and save the config file, then you should have both experiments.

Thank you.

If there is the way to make "Interstellar" fuels cost something? (Am, He3,Uf4,Th,Al, etc)

I want to make money by bringing back to Kerbin an extracted resources. For now in "KSP 24.2 + experimental Interstellar" it's not enough "funds" to implement features of this mod only by missions. I can help with prices.

PS I'm not talking about walktrough in 3 missions then go to sandbox. I want economy.

I was wanting to do this same thing. I think Wave said he was against implimenting it his version, but I would very much like this as part of my KSPi. This would do two things:

1. Allow you to buy more of the resources at the start. This would be great for extended missions, like power sats or outer system spacecraft. Thanking AM and Trit here.

2. Give an incentive to bring unused or mined resources back to KSC.

At the current cost of some of Wave's parts, I really don't feel that it breaks the game. In fact, as it is now. I completed the tech tree and did all of the main missions. Now all I get are plant flag missions, collect science missions(both yield about 250k funds), and test-this-part missions. My Rep is maxed, not that it does anything yet. I still only have about 20Mil. I have a probe around each of the bodies in the system, so I can run the science missions whenever I want. That is really no fun. Alternate ways to generate cash would be a good way to spend time, and it would feel good to get some real money.

Also, thought needs to be put into having Intersteller generate missions. It would be cool to have "Run Deep Field Survey with the IR telescope" or "Run a science lab for one year around Jool" missions. Not demanding features, just throwing out ideas.

Working on the precooler module. I was wondering if you guys would be interested in the part protecting the engines from exploding and possibly managing intakes. I only ask because I rarely use SSTOs.

By "managing intakes" do you mean close the intakes while you are in a vacuum?

Working on the precooler module. I was wondering if you guys would be interested in the part protecting the engines from exploding and possibly managing intakes. I only ask because I rarely use SSTOs.

I wouldnt mind an option on it that would auto shutdown engiens or close intakes just before the engiens overheated. The one thing I'd suggest though is if you do it make sure it can be toggled off. Just like some people prefer to opperate rapiers manualy instead of automatic switchover there will be people that dont want it shuting things off automaticly. Also you'd need to come up with some fix for that part now being an intake itself and not applying the precooling effect to itself. I've been just useing MM to remove the intake on the part for the time being but an actual fix would be nicer.

Yes please.

Asked the same question a few pages back, but noone seemed to know. After searching in the squad folder for a bit i found the resources file squad uses for the stock resources (its called ResourcesGeneric). In there each resource has a line called unitCost.

For example:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION

{

name = LiquidFuel

density = 0.005

unitCost = 0.8

flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH

transfer = PUMP

isTweakable = true

}

Interstellar has resource definition files too, if you add a unitCost for each Interstellar resource you should get a refund for mining or extracting resources. The only resources im missing so far are the ones for the reactors, more precise i havent found the file in which deuterium, tritium or antimatter are defined. If anyone has a clue to where to find these please share.

Regards

Edited by Haifi

Isn't preventing them from exploding sort of what they already supposed to do? (or did an update break that or something?)

Anyway, I was personally never a fan of the KSPI engine-overheating "feature" that manufactured the need for precoolers. In fact, I made a point of editing that out of my installs. The precoolers only work with a directly attached intake, which didn't mesh well with my B9 radial intake placement.

Asked the same question a few pages back, but noone seemed to know. After searching in the squad folder for a bit i found the resources file squad uses for the stock resources (its called ResourcesGeneric). In there each resource has a line called unitCost.

For example:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION

{

name = LiquidFuel

density = 0.005

unitCost = 0.8

flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH

transfer = PUMP

isTweakable = true

}

Interstellar has resource definition files too, if you add a unitCost for each Interstellar resource you should get a refund for mining or extracting resources. The only resources im missing so far are the ones for the reactors, more precise i havent found the file in which deuterium, tritium or antimatter are defined. If anyone has a clue to where to find these please share.

Regards

Thank you for that info. Did you try to modify file?

ResourcesNuclear.cfg

I guess this is it.

Edited by Meltafire