Hab/Hub (and other strange things)

zzz

@Starwaster : Got it to work finaly ! :D Even with custom resources ! :cool:

I believe I've screwed something in my previous install so thank you again for your test & feedback ! :D

And zzz, you can forget my request, sorry to have bothered you with that... :blush:

@Starwaster : Got it to work finaly ! :D Even with custom resources ! :cool:

I believe I've screwed something in my previous install so thank you again for your test & feedback ! :D

And zzz, you can forget my request, sorry to have bothered you with that... :blush:

Really? I got it to work here too but then it stops working after awhile. Can't figure out why...

Edit: Ok this is bizarre, it seems like there's a hard coded dependency on electricity here because it stops working for me if electricity runs out.

Or it might be that it stops working when the attached command module runs out of power. In either case I lose the ability to access the GUI which would make sense but why would it also stop producing?

Unless there's a bug at play because this particular installation that I'm working off of has been throwing exceptions like crazy

Nah strike the first part. Must definitely have been the bugginess that I've been trying to track down in this install.

Edited by Starwaster

Yes it works (actually with Glight) :

mMmA4I7.jpg

And it doesn't seems to stop even after a lot of timewarp.

The only problem I see (Cf. picture) is that even if drained out all of its power (either from the module and the command-module), I still have the ability to control the panels...

But, "some" would call it a feature ! :cool: xD

anyone know how to make the science lab internals work??

when I tried viewing it from the inside, i can see the outside. I cant go back to the normal view and cant turn the camera around

I managed to make the internals work on the science lab, can anyone teach me how to create a resource that it will generate over time?

I managed to make the internals work on the science lab, can anyone teach me how to create a resource that it will generate over time?

Create a config file with resource definitions, e.g.

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Snacks
density = 0.001 // 1 unit of snacks = 0.001 tons = 1 kg
flowMode = NO_FLOW
transfer = PUMP
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Science
density = 0
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
}

Then add the appropriate module to the part:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleGenerator
isAlwaysActive = true
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = Snacks
rate = 0.0001 // 0.1 grams per second -- works out to 8.64kg of snacks per day, which is... a lot... lol
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = Science
rate = 0.001
}
}

I just posted some well-deserved kudos to zzz on the Interstellar thread for his latest awesome creation, everyone needs to go check it out! :D

I've noticed, zzz, that you've been incorporating more and more animations into your parts recently, so I hope to perhaps plant the seed of an idea in your genius brain: Landing legs.

In my opinion, this game is woefully lacking in landing legs that are actually useful AND good-looking at the same time. B9 has some, the H50s I believe they're called, that are somewhat what I'm looking for, but they have several major drawbacks. One, they're clunky and boxy and just really don't go with anything else in the game visually. Two, they don't extend far enough away from the hull to be very useful, especially the side mounted ones. They have to be right at the very bottom edge to even have any hope of extending down far enough to clear the lowest part of the ship, and forget having any kind of bottom mounted engines, the legs just aren't long enough! Ahem, anyway, three, most landing legs are very flimsy, causing the ship to wobble and tip over if landing on any kind of slope, even if they're mounted in a wide stance, they just bend on their attachment point until they break off or the ship falls over. There are two excellent designs in the NovaPunch pack, both in the 'Science' category for some strange reason: the Thor (or is it Odin? One of the Norse gods anyway) legs. They're strong, extend quite a way out to the sides - but not, unfortunately, downward very far - and come in two sizes, the larger of which has an (ugly-black-colored) armored-looking fairing.

Anyway, as I said, there's a lack of strong, useful AND good looking parts in this category.

Just sayin', buddy. :)

If, and I mean IF, you choose to think on this matter, I would visualize some various enclosed designs, such as the Odin legs or the B9 ones, but with your superb design language, both visually and structurally. By that I mean that I can already tell that when I DL the new folding Warp Drive ring I'll probably sit and watch it fold and unfold for 10 minutes straight the first time I launch a ship with the part, lol. Anyway, hopefully we'd get some bottom mount, side mount, maybe even inline stack versions like Devo's Wayland 'Mechpod' arachnid legs, except, well, you know... better looking. Sorry, Devo, if you're reading this, it's just my opinion, that's all.

Okay, I'll wrap this up. I know you don't tend to like it when people request specific parts from you, I just see what appears to be a gaping hole in the choices available for one particular kind of part, and I think that you could probably come up with 5 or 6 really great designs if you really wanted to, so just think about it.

That is all, as you were, carry on. :)

Neutrinovore out. :D

Create a config file with resource definitions, e.g.

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Snacks
density = 0.001 // 1 unit of snacks = 0.001 tons = 1 kg
flowMode = NO_FLOW
transfer = PUMP
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Science
density = 0
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
}

Then add the appropriate module to the part:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleGenerator
isAlwaysActive = true
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = Snacks
rate = 0.0001 // 0.1 grams per second -- works out to 8.64kg of snacks per day, which is... a lot... lol
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = Science
rate = 0.001
}
}

Thank you!!

I just posted some well-deserved kudos to zzz on the Interstellar thread for his latest awesome creation, everyone needs to go check it out! :D

I've noticed, zzz, that you've been incorporating more and more animations into your parts recently, so I hope to perhaps plant the seed of an idea in your genius brain: Landing legs.

In my opinion, this game is woefully lacking in landing legs that are actually useful AND good-looking at the same time. B9 has some, the H50s I believe they're called, that are somewhat what I'm looking for, but they have several major drawbacks. One, they're clunky and boxy and just really don't go with anything else in the game visually. Two, they don't extend far enough away from the hull to be very useful, especially the side mounted ones. They have to be right at the very bottom edge to even have any hope of extending down far enough to clear the lowest part of the ship, and forget having any kind of bottom mounted engines, the legs just aren't long enough! Ahem, anyway, three, most landing legs are very flimsy, causing the ship to wobble and tip over if landing on any kind of slope, even if they're mounted in a wide stance, they just bend on their attachment point until they break off or the ship falls over. There are two excellent designs in the NovaPunch pack, both in the 'Science' category for some strange reason: the Thor (or is it Odin? One of the Norse gods anyway) legs. They're strong, extend quite a way out to the sides - but not, unfortunately, downward very far - and come in two sizes, the larger of which has an (ugly-black-colored) armored-looking fairing.

Anyway, as I said, there's a lack of strong, useful AND good looking parts in this category.

Just sayin', buddy. :)

If, and I mean IF, you choose to think on this matter, I would visualize some various enclosed designs, such as the Odin legs or the B9 ones, but with your superb design language, both visually and structurally. By that I mean that I can already tell that when I DL the new folding Warp Drive ring I'll probably sit and watch it fold and unfold for 10 minutes straight the first time I launch a ship with the part, lol. Anyway, hopefully we'd get some bottom mount, side mount, maybe even inline stack versions like Devo's Wayland 'Mechpod' arachnid legs, except, well, you know... better looking. Sorry, Devo, if you're reading this, it's just my opinion, that's all.

Okay, I'll wrap this up. I know you don't tend to like it when people request specific parts from you, I just see what appears to be a gaping hole in the choices available for one particular kind of part, and I think that you could probably come up with 5 or 6 really great designs if you really wanted to, so just think about it.

That is all, as you were, carry on. :)

Neutrinovore out. :D

I think the correct solution is to not land on slopes that are steep enough for you to topple over or damage your landing legs.

That's how it would be handled in real life.

I think the correct solution is to not land on slopes that are steep enough for you to topple over or damage your landing legs.

That's how it would be handled in real life.

Of course, how stupid of me.

Okay, ZZZ, disregard all of my previous request, I just won't land on slopes anymore.

I can't believe I never thought of that, derp!

Anyone have a CFG to turn the radiators into solar panels? Really love the Babylon 5 look of em. Would be great to have shiny orange texture photovoltaics alternated with dark glowing radiators. I tried my hand at it but monkeying a config from one of the Squad panels and the current radiator but I seemed to EFF it up. Evidently there is something I'm missing that confuses the heck out of the module and the animation.

Thanks and sorry if i overlooked a post in the thread,

Eloi

Edited by StEligius

Guys, I need help again :)

I need help with the boxes, just the regular box, not the long and flat one.

How will I add attachment points on the top, bottom, sides of it? So it will be easier for the boxes to be attached to other parts.

Anyone have a CFG to turn the radiators into solar panels? Really love the Babylon 5 look of em. Would be great to have shiny orange texture photovoltaics alternated with dark glowing radiators. I tried my hand at it but monkeying a config from one of the Squad panels and the current radiator but I seemed to EFF it up. Evidently there is something I'm missing that confuses the heck out of the module and the animation.

Eloi

I'll take a look at it later today (tomorrow since I haven't got to sleep yet but it's really today) if nobody else has yet.

Eloi

I believe zzz posted this link: http://www./?q7pcuabkndolh9q on page 11 of this thread to do exactly what you describe. I installed it thinking I needed it for regular radiator operation, but it definitely makes the panels track the sun face-on instead of edge-on. I don't know if it contains the code or module to actually function as a solar panel, you'll have to try it out yourself to see. If not, I'm sure someone can help you with adding the necessary code to the config file.

Incidentally, if you want 2 other sizes of this part, go download the KSP Interstellar pack, there's this size plus one bigger and one smaller. The big one is pretty freakin' big, too, definitely B5 scale. :) And you can change the colors and the glow and all with them just like you can with these. FYI. :)

I believe zzz posted this link: http://www./?q7pcuabkndolh9q on page 11 of this thread to do exactly what you describe. I installed it thinking I needed it for regular radiator operation, but it definitely makes the panels track the sun face-on instead of edge-on. I don't know if it contains the code or module to actually function as a solar panel, you'll have to try it out yourself to see. If not, I'm sure someone can help you with adding the necessary code to the config file.

Incidentally, if you want 2 other sizes of this part, go download the KSP Interstellar pack, there's this size plus one bigger and one smaller. The big one is pretty freakin' big, too, definitely B5 scale. :) And you can change the colors and the glow and all with them just like you can with these. FYI. :)

I'll have to reread that section, I attempted to use it. It seemed to be stuck in deploying mode but there might have been a typo in the section trying to call the solar panel module. Dyslexia is a pain in the ass!

Thanks for the heads up on the Interstellar pack.

Eloi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.