[1.8.1] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 6.8.5 - Updated 12/14/19)

NavyFish

FYI for CKAN users who are still on KSP 1.3.x --
(e.g. @MikeO89)

If CKAN offered you DPAI 6.8.0, this is because: seems that for a short time, there was a version of DPAI available that had incorrect KSP compatibility information. CKAN thus believed that DPAI 6.8.0 is good for KSP 1.3.x.
But when CKAN ended up fetching the fixed version of DPAI 6.8.0 for you, it contained a KSP-AVC .version file which indicates that it is strictly for KSP 1.4.1 only, causing AVC to nag at you.

The offending metadata has been taken out of circulation, and this problem should now be fixed. [ref]
You should be able to uninstall  DPAI 6.8.0 and have CKAN grab you DPAI 6.7.0 instead, as NavyFish intended:

On 3/11/2018 at 4:54 AM, NavyFish said:

6.7 works fine on 1.3.1 or 1.3.0 

6.8 recompiled w/ new KSP DLLs so probably best not to use that on 1.3.x

@NavyFish FYI this is why/how you got these questions.

Edited by cakepie

I  had been using 6.7 on 1.3.1. Never installed 6.8. After using it for  awhile, all of a sudden the pop up started happening all by itself and was annoying. I ended up uninstalling the mod because of it. Are you now saying I can have ckan put 6.7 back on and there will be no nags?

Edited by MikeO89

19 hours ago, Dutchbook said:

@cakepie Nagging still occurs; it says that only 1.3 is supported, while I have 1.3.1...

I've checked and double-checked if the version I have is indeed 6.7, and it is.

I'm not bothered by the notice, but I thought I should mention it :)

Ah, sorry for not being clearer.
My comment was in the context of CKAN users on KSP 1.3.1 being asked by CKAN to switch to DPAI 6.8, only to discover that KSP-AVC would warn that DPAI 6.8 is meant for KSP 1.4.0.

NavyFish has confirmed that 6.7 is okay on KSP 1.3.1, so if you're annoyed by the message that says it only supports 1.3.0, you can safely edit the DockingPortAlignmentIndicator.version file -- look for this part (it's right at the end):

"KSP_VERSION_MAX":{"MAJOR":1,"MINOR":3,"PATCH":0}

And change the last number from "0" to "1"

Hey guys, hoping to get a bit of support with this mod if anyone has a spare few minutes please.

I was hoping to give this mod a go, but can't get it to work at all. I'm running KSP 1.4.2, mod version 6.8.1 (via CKAN). I've uninstalled this mod, cleared out the downloaded file from the CKAN folder in the steamapps>common>Kerbal Space Program(etc etc) folder, and tried reinstalling the mod.

The Docking Port Alignment indicator does not show in game at all. I've made sure to "control from" a docking port, and selected a docking port as a target on the ship I am rendezvousing with, but no icon shows up and no screen opens when I do so. 

Is there something really basic/obvious that I am missing?

Please let me know if you need any further info that I haven't already included. Thanks in advance :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for the 6.8.2 mod for 1.4.2 as both Space Dock and Curse have not updated as of now..9Also SpaceDock had a downtime or a crash yesterday (Unknown at this time, but is back up again, but it still shows the 6.8.1 for 1.4.1)

Space_Coyote

2 hours ago, Kerbal101 said:

@GennPen Привет! The mod does not seem to have l10n infrastructure, so I guess if this is set up, then we could [ contribute ] to translation. Until then, the best choice seems to ignore that field.

This is because I wrote a custom font renderer for use with the mod, it uses a custom font packed into a Sprite atlas  It only supports ASCII, so that would exclude Cyrillic and other non-latin alphabets.

It's not a matter of translation as much as it would be for rolling a completely new text render... Something which I'm quite reticent to do. If anyone is interested though, take a look at the BitmapFont.cs file included in the source folder.

If there is another way to go about including custom fonts in mods that's already built into Unity and can handle unicode please let me know and I will look into making the switch.

• 2 weeks later...

I see some Module Manager (latest DEV version) errors with KSP 1.4.3:

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager-Dev/changes #32

[LOG 19:25:15.479] [ModuleManager] Applying update NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/moduleDockingNodeNamed/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[ModuleDockingNodeNamed]] to B9_Aerospace/Parts/Utility_DockingPort_CDP/Utility_DockingPort_CDP/PART
[ERR 19:25:15.490] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse value modifying command: 

[LOG 19:25:15.490] [ModuleManager] Applying update NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/moduleDockingNodeNamed/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[ModuleDockingNodeNamed]] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hx_size1_adapter_375m/PART
[ERR 19:25:15.490] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse value modifying command: 

[LOG 19:25:15.490] [ModuleManager] Applying update NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/moduleDockingNodeNamed/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[ModuleDockingNodeNamed]] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hx_size2_adapter_375m/PART

[LOG 19:25:15.490] [ModuleManager] Applying update NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/moduleDockingNodeNamed/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[ModuleDockingNodeNamed]] to B9_Aerospace_HX/Parts/Structure_HX/model_hx_size3_adapter_375m/PART

[LOG 19:25:15.490] [ModuleManager] Applying update NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/moduleDockingNodeNamed/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[ModuleDockingNodeNamed]] to CxAerospace/Station Parts/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A/PART
[ERR 19:25:15.491] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse value modifying command: 

[LOG 19:25:15.491] [ModuleManager] Applying update NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/moduleDockingNodeNamed/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[ModuleDockingNodeNamed]] to CxAerospace/Station Parts/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_A_L04F/PART
[ERR 19:25:15.491] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse value modifying command: 

[LOG 19:25:15.491] [ModuleManager] Applying update NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/moduleDockingNodeNamed/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[ModuleDockingNodeNamed]] to CxAerospace/Station Parts/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_P/PART

[LOG 19:25:15.491] [ModuleManager] Applying update NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/moduleDockingNodeNamed/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[ModuleDockingNodeNamed]] to CxAerospace/Station Parts/Parts/APAS/CXA_APAS_P_Mk1-2/PART

[LOG 19:25:15.491] [ModuleManager] Applying update NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/moduleDockingNodeNamed/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[ModuleDockingNodeNamed]] to CxAerospace/Station Parts/Parts/CBMs/CXA_ACBM/PART

[LOG 19:25:15.491] [ModuleManager] Applying update NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/moduleDockingNodeNamed/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[ModuleDockingNodeNamed]] to CxAerospace/Station Parts/Parts/CBMs/CXA_MBM/PART
[ERR 19:25:15.519] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse value modifying command: 

12 hours ago, Kolago said:

I see some Module Manager (latest DEV version) errors with KSP 1.4.3:

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager-Dev/changes #32

Hmm.  Don't see anything in the MM change log that indicates an API change... possibly a bug in the latest MM@sarbian may want to take a look at this.  

Thanks for the report @Kolago

4 hours ago, NavyFish said:

Hmm.  Don't see anything in the MM change log that indicates an API change... possibly a bug in the latest MM@sarbian may want to take a look at this.  

Thanks for the report @Kolago

I think the 

//remove all keys
        -* = dummy

Is not parsed anymore. @blowfish ?

Ok. has that functionality been replaced?  Could you recommend changes to the code in moduleDockingNodeNamed.cfg to remain compatible with future versions of MM?  I last touched those scripts probably 2 years ago and am not in a good position to do a deep dive into MM syntax at this time (traveling for the next month, living in a truck)

14 hours ago, sarbian said:

I think the 

//remove all keys
        -* = dummy

Is not parsed anymore. @blowfish ?

Hmm, yeah, it's intrepreting * as the operator.  I think in order to support wildcards in value names fully, we will need to require at least one space before the operator (zero spaces was not allowed until recently, so hopefully not too bad a change)

2 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

Am I the only one for whom the loading tends to hang at "DialogPlain.fnt" for a few minutes with this mod installed?

Do you also use Memgraph to pad your mono heap? In my experience "DialogPlain.fnt" hangs are caused by that. If I don't pre-pad the mono heap, I don't get a hang.

3 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

Do you also use Memgraph to pad your mono heap? In my experience "DialogPlain.fnt" hangs are caused by that. If I don't pre-pad the mono heap, I don't get a hang.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure I'm not doing this.

On 4/29/2018 at 5:34 PM, blowfish said:

Hmm, yeah, it's intrepreting * as the operator.  I think in order to support wildcards in value names fully, we will need to require at least one space before the operator (zero spaces was not allowed until recently, so hopefully not too bad a change)

Cool, thank you.

5 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

Am I the only one for whom the loading tends to hang at "DialogPlain.fnt" for a few minutes with this mod installed?

For a few minutes? No. I see it for 5-10 seconds generally in the beginning. Not really sure why unity loads it first, but it seems to consistently.  I don't think it's actually stalling on load of that asset, rather the loader is doing a lot of other things in the background at that time and the loading text just doesn't update. 

Edited by NavyFish

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.