NavyFish

[1.6.x] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 6.8.3 - Updated 03/03/19)

Recommended Posts

Hey thanks guys! Glad you're liking the new stuff. Again, props to @Devric for the new foreground artwork!

@Nansuchao Yep, visually it is more precise - the CDI lines are finer, the various icons are smaller, and the background cross-hair is thinner. Devric's gauge foreground was so sharp, it made everything else look chunky by comparison, so I decided a full visual refresh was in order.

Personally, my favorite part of the update is the unification of RPM and GUI rendering pipelines. This alone allowed me to shave off 10% of the code - but more importantly, it means that any new gauge features will apply to both displays automatically. Prior, I had to write a separate code path for each, and this was a nightmare for maintainability.

I'll be putting this project on GitHub eventually, and this was one of those important steps I wanted to make prior to doing so.

Already thinking of a few features for the next version. And I have another surprise in store, based upon a community member's submission. That one will blow your minds :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good work sir. Much appreciated!! This has been one of my must - install mods, every time start with a new version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the new look. Hope it works as well as it looks when I try it out later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a problem installing this mod from CKAN. More specifically, in a fresh KSP/CKAN installation the mod doesn't show up in the list of mods even if the CKAN registry.json contains the correct entries. In another installation, where I installed Docking Port Alignment through CKAN some months ago, the mod shows up only in the "Installed" and "All" filters but not in the "Compatible" nor in the "Incompatible" ones.

Anyone has an idea on how to solve it?

KSP is version 1.1.3 and CKAN is v1.18.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MscG said:

I have a problem installing this mod from CKAN. More specifically, in a fresh KSP/CKAN installation the mod doesn't show up in the list of mods even if the CKAN registry.json contains the correct entries. In another installation, where I installed Docking Port Alignment through CKAN some months ago, the mod shows up only in the "Installed" and "All" filters but not in the "Compatible" nor in the "Incompatible" ones.

Anyone has an idea on how to solve it?

KSP is version 1.1.3 and CKAN is v1.18.0

Ok, I found the solution: CKAN has just banned ModuleManager, so I had to install ModuleManger in an alternative way ( https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/1796 )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: this mod works great with RPM (in 1.1.3) but is there any for it to work IVA cockpit view without toggling the icon/standalone mod? Otherwise the RPM IVA display doesn't seem to update--is this intentional, or is my installation bugged? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Synthesis said:

Question: this mod works great with RPM (in 1.1.3) but is there any for it to work IVA cockpit view without toggling the icon/standalone mod? Otherwise the RPM IVA display doesn't seem to update--is this intentional, or is my installation bugged? 

Try a fresh install, you shouldn't have to use the icon in IVA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see you're happy with the new look. :)  Also glad to be able to contribute to this very helpful mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that the docked (occupied) ports are not being excluded when cycling through ports on the target ship,   Should they be?

VDDEWPa.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2016 at 9:41 PM, deepspacecreeper said:

Help, what happened to my indicator?aVryrHa.png

Dunno!  Did a fresh install of the plugin fix it?

On 9/3/2016 at 6:11 AM, nukeboyt said:

I've noticed that the docked (occupied) ports are not being excluded when cycling through ports on the target ship,   Should they be?

VDDEWPa.png

 

I believe they should be excluded, yes.  Perhaps squad's API changed in a recent update. I'll be doing a compatibility and cleanup pass for 1.2 when it's out, and will make sure to check on this particular functionality. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2016 at 9:41 PM, deepspacecreeper said:

Help, what happened to my indicator?aVryrHa.png

Dunno!  Did a fresh install of the plugin fix it?

On 9/3/2016 at 6:11 AM, nukeboyt said:

I've noticed that the docked (occupied) ports are not being excluded when cycling through ports on the target ship,   Should they be?

VDDEWPa.png

 

I believe they should be excluded, yes.  Perhaps squad's API changed in a recent update. I'll be doing a compatibility and cleanup pass for 1.2 when it's out, and will make sure to check on this particular functionality. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case anyone was working this DOES NOT work in 1.2 prerelease as of the date of this post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. Any idea when 1.2 will come out?  I haven't played in ages but will do what I can to update the mod for compatibility within a short time of its release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NavyFish said:

Thanks. Any idea when 1.2 will come out?  I haven't played in ages but will do what I can to update the mod for compatibility within a short time of its release.

Taking a wild guess, I'd say within a week or two. I could be full of it, but it seems like the pre-release is winding down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to recompile it for 1.2, all I had to do was remove the references to ksputil.dll and vectrocity.dll and also the blizzy toolbar stuff.

Seems to work fine me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2016 at 7:03 PM, NavyFish said:

Thanks. Any idea when 1.2 will come out?  I haven't played in ages but will do what I can to update the mod for compatibility within a short time of its release.

I've been playing the prerelease builds since they were first made widely available about 2-1/2 weeks ago. The pace of builds has slowed from sometimes 2/day to maybe 1 every 2 days. I'm *guessing* release could come as early as next week. I'd be SHOCKED if it wasn't released by the week after.  

Thank you for the excellent news re a 1.2-compatible version, by the way. I've forgotten how much I *ADORE* this mod. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Navyfish.  You may not even have to wait for 1.2.  Other mods that use DLLs, such as Kerbal Engineer Redux, PreciseNode, and Editor Extensions have been updated for pre-release, and they work fine.  At the very least, updating DPAI for pre-release would give you a big headstart for the real 1.2 release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2016 at 5:26 AM, Raknor said:

I managed to recompile it for 1.2, all I had to do was remove the references to ksputil.dll and vectrocity.dll and also the blizzy toolbar stuff.

Seems to work fine me.

I tried to do the same, but then only the toolbar button came up and nothing else. oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2016 at 2:26 AM, Raknor said:

I managed to recompile it for 1.2, all I had to do was remove the references to ksputil.dll and vectrocity.dll and also the blizzy toolbar stuff.

Seems to work fine me.

 

56 minutes ago, peachoftree said:

I tried to do the same, but then only the toolbar button came up and nothing else. oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for release

Thanks you two for taking a shot.

I'll crack open the codebase tomorrow and see what it'll take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I just wanted to say how much I love this mod. I learned how to dock with this thing three odd years ago, and I have to have it. It's literally the first mod I check for and download after an update... Anyway, I really really appreciate the work you do on this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fizwalker said:

Hey, I just wanted to say how much I love this mod. I learned how to dock with this thing three odd years ago, and I have to have it. It's literally the first mod I check for and download after an update... Anyway, I really really appreciate the work you do on this!

Couldn't agree more! Looking forward to it! Thanks @NavyFish!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.