[1.8.1] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 6.8.5 - Updated 12/14/19)

NavyFish

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, NavyFish, I put together a 2 Minute Mod on this amazing tool. Enjoy!

Good video. You've got a new subscriber. One clarification, however. The yellow marker always moves left-right-up-down with the I-J-K-L. You do not have to make rotation near zero degrees, to have it work that way. The reason is that the green cross-hairs represent the "nose" of your ship (or the docking port on your ship) in relation to the target. Give it a try

Edited by nukeboyt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@TinyPirate - Nice video! I'll toss a link to it up on the first page :)

Haven't tried 1.0 yet. Haven't played KSP since the last release back in March, for that matter. Busy! To include having gotten married earlier this month. So yay :)

Curious to hear if it works in 1.0!

Navy

I tried it. Only problem I see is every launch you get a duplicate icon in the toolbar. Everything else seems fine. Does not include testing for RPM as it hasn't been updated.

Edited by Dave7

I tried it. Only problem I see is every launch you get a duplicate icon in the toolbar. Everything else seems fine. Does not include testing for RPM as it hasn't been updated.

Was seeing this as well...but also with another mods icon as well...

Dave7, were you by chance running any other mods? The toolbar mod (unupdated)?

I did have toolbar in when I testing docking.....saw duplicate toolbar icons for DPAI and MSI robotics....so thinking the issue may not be with this mod. As far as the docking went everything seemed to be working flawless as always.

Hmmm... I'm running the toolbar mod, and had issues with the KSP Alternate Resource Panel AND GC Monitor icons showing/not showing up... I'd guess Squad changed something that toggles/adds/removes stock toolbar icons...???

EDIT: Yeah...All three of the mods I mentioned (the 2 above + DPAI), had issues with not displaying the stock toolbar icons, till I went into the .cfgs and changed either the "UseBlizzyToolbarIfAvailable = False" to true, or in the case of DPAI, I went into the DPAI Settings.cfg and made the obvious change there, and after all the changes, they all showed up in the stock bar...You just cant toggle them off once they are there...

It may be this variable that was changed, also?: AppLauncherMutuallyExclusive = True

Dave7, SydKhaos, after making the change in the DPAI Settings.cfg, i also ended up with TWO DPAI icons on the stock toolbar...I went in and undid the change in the .cfg, and restarted KSP, and both icons are now gone... (I use Blizzy's toolbar for everything I can ... :) )

Edited by Stone Blue

I removed it when it made 6 copies of the icon on the in game bar.

Well drat....

Guess next step is throwing it alone into 1.0 and seeing if this can be replicated....got a little more testing in my current game....then I will wipe it, reclone, and see whats really going on.

I removed it when it made 6 copies of the icon on the in game bar.

Same problem here. Stunningly, I removed it too when there were 6 copies! I figured that by the time my career has advanced enough to need docking there will be an update :)

So I take you all do NOT use Blizzy's Toolbar?

That is correct. I don't run a lot of mods, so for me it's easier just to have one bar with a few buttons in it.

I'm not saying Blizzy's toolbar is evil or anything like that; I can totally understand that people use it do deal with a lot of buttons. For me personally it's a solution that I don't need and generates extra clutter. For me. That's why I don't use it.

So I take you all do NOT use Blizzy's Toolbar?

I tested DPAI both with and without BlizzysToolbar......the problem has persisted both ways. Also seeing this issue on other mods that use stock toolbar (again, even without Blizzys TB).

Its clear that Squad has made some changes to the stock toolbar code.

@NavyFish:

How busy are ya? If we fix this and get ya the changes can you recompile? OR is it everyman for himself till further notice? =P

#behindmyriotshield

I know this isnt serbian's mod, but he (sort of) confirmed that Squad changed the way the toolbar icons load...So its up to modders to update their mods...

Like I said, it looks like you can tweak SOME mods' .cfg files to fix the issue, IF you use Blizzy's Toolbar, which seems to be working in 1.0.

@Kerbart, I run KSP on a laptop, in 1368x820, so screen realestate is valuable to me also.

Running Blizzy's Toolbar, even with just 3 or 4 supported mods, I pretty much shrunk the stock toolbar down to just 2 icons, which I wish i could delete, basically getting rid of the stock toolbar...The nice thing with Blizzy's bar, even if you only have a few mods, is that the 1) the icons are much smaller than the stock ones, 2) you can move the bar to a less intrusive place, 3) AND if you place it against the screen border, you can toggle an autohide... So its completely hidden when you dont need it...just hover of it and it appears, then disappears again...

I can confirm Docking Port Alignment makes tons of copies of itself in the toolbar even without other mods in 1.0

Navyfish can check on on code from RealChute or Kerbal Alarm Clock, or any other 1.0 mod updated recently as they all had this problem and fixed it - those two I know for sure recently pushed a fix for it

Those didn't make multiple copies for me (in fact they were broken in that they didn't show up in the toolbar at all), but Distant Object Enhancement had that same cloning problem before they fixed it a day or so ago.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.