[1.8.1] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 6.8.5 - Updated 12/14/19)

NavyFish

Please note:  I haven't installed RPM yet, and haven't tested compatibility for that.  Nor have I tested support for Blizzy's Toolbar, Mini-AVC (although it's updated). If there are major issues I'll dig into it, so please let me know if you have any problems.

10 hours ago, NavyFish said:

Version 6.5 Released --  KSP 1.2 Compatible!

Version 6.5 - 10/13/216

[updated] Recompiled to work with KSP 1.2

Awesome! Docking without this is a royal pita - it really ought to be stock.

Thank you so much for this mod and updating so quickly! 

11 hours ago, NavyFish said:

Please note:  I haven't installed RPM yet, and haven't tested compatibility for that.  Nor have I tested support for Blizzy's Toolbar, Mini-AVC (although it's updated). If there are major issues I'll dig into it, so please let me know if you have any problems.

The only issues I saw on the RPM display in a quick check are that it says "DPAI 6.4" and the reference part text was in the middle-left of the screen (like it needed its displacement from the top-left corner doubled).  I still don't have anything to dock with yet, so I haven't been able to function check it.

12 hours ago, MOARdV said:

The only issues I saw on the RPM display in a quick check are that it says "DPAI 6.4" and the reference part text was in the middle-left of the screen (like it needed its displacement from the top-left corner doubled).  I still don't have anything to dock with yet, so I haven't been able to function check it.

I've done several dockings.   It works fine (function check sat).   Suggest TGT: part text could be raised one line to be on the same line as "TGT:".  Same for the "REF:" when that text gets lowered to the bottom of the screen.        

Occupied ports still toggled through.    I thought they did, but I cannot replicate.

I like the green target indicator better than the old pink reticle.  (easier to see)  Is this part of DPAI or stock?

http://imgur.com/SJ5pLJn

http://imgur.com/m21jsCj

Edited by nukeboyt

On 10/14/2016 at 5:47 AM, MOARdV said:

On 10/14/2016 at 4:23 AM, Torih said:

Slight issue with the icon, its showing all the time (on the load screen).

23 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

I've done several dockings.   It works fine (function check sat).   Suggest TGT: part text could be raised one line to be on the same line as "TGT:".  Same for the "REF:" when that text gets lowered to the bottom of the screen.        

Occupied ports still toggled through.    I thought they did, but I cannot replicate.

I like the green target indicator better than the old pink reticle.  (easier to see)  Is this part of DPAI or stock?

http://imgur.com/SJ5pLJn

http://imgur.com/m21jsCj

Thanks dudes/dudettes.  I'll plan to put out something to the effect of v6.5.1 to address the bugs you've identified. Sounds like in terms of core functionality, things seem to be working as expected.

@nukeboyt That green target indicator is nice, must be new with KSP 1.2.   I haven't played 1.2 much yet:  if you specifically target a docking port, does that indicator move to the port?  If not, I assume it would remain on the targeted ship's root node. 

Anyway,remember, that magenta icon was 'inspired' by KSP's own target navball icon.  So unless that's changed, I'm reticent to change DPAI's indicator. Unity of iconographic language and all that. 

But I do agree that that new target indicator is quite nice. Perhaps I'll find some future use for it. And remember, you can always turn off or hide altogether the magenta target hud icon.

Or if you're really feeling hacky, you could modify targetPort.png under GameData\NavyFish\Plugins\Docking Port Alignment Indicator\PluginData\DockingPortAlignmentIndicator\ to change the icon. Its color is hard-coded at the moment, however, but with a good enough reason I could expose that to the configuration file :)

-Navy

52 minutes ago, NavyFish said:

If you specifically target a docking port, does that indicator move to the port?  If not, I assume it would remain on the targeted ship's root node. 

Yes, when in external mode.   The green target indicator skips to the docking port selected as you scroll through them.  It also shows the distance below the [ ].    

Expanding on @plague006 mentioned, I get the referenced traceback and have no icons either in stock or blizzy. Forcing DPAI to use stock via the config file did not help. I'll make backups and try without the dev version of Contract Configurator tomorrow.

Edited by stub
typo

49 minutes ago, cikho said:

can't see DPAI icon in the toolbar on the right.. what am i doing wrong?

Do you have Contract Configurator installed? If you do its exposing an issue with some code (for blizzy's toolbar) in DPAI. Until DPAI is updated only way (i think) would be to remove CC. Or dock manually :)

7 minutes ago, Torih said:

Do you have Contract Configurator installed? If you do its exposing an issue with some code (for blizzy's toolbar) in DPAI. Until DPAI is updated only way (i think) would be to remove CC. Or dock manually :)

nope, i don't have that mode, and neither blitzzy's..

in 1.1.3 the ican was showing by default in the ksp toolbar on the right.. the same with resources, kspedia, notifications and (usually) KER..

is there another way to activate the indicator? keyboard shortcut or else..

On 10/19/2016 at 1:09 PM, plague006 said:

Ran into an issue between DPAI and Contract Configurator due to a bug in the toolbar reflection wrapper. Info on how to resolve the issue here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/55420-120-toolbar-1713-common-api-for-draggableresizable-buttons-toolbar/&page=55#comment-2770188

A better post about the problem and fix was made by @nightingale yesterday:  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/150719-contract-configurator-broke-my-mod/

Here is my KSP.LOG with the issue: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxCPohKyyq63X0NDM2NFajhoRWM

Relevant bits

Spoiler

EXC 18:19:38.249] NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
    System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.GetExportedTypes ()
    NavyFish.ToolbarTypes+<>c.<getType>b__5_0 (.LoadedAssembly a)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
    System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
    NavyFish.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name)
    NavyFish.ToolbarManager.get_Instance ()
    NavyFish.ToolbarManager.get_ToolbarAvailable ()
    NavyFish.DockingPortAlignmentIndicator.Awake ()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(Int32)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

Edited by NeuroticGamer

mine happened first hehe. 

[EXC 11:37:45.462] NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
    System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.GetExportedTypes ()
    NavyFish.ToolbarTypes+<>c.<getType>b__5_0 (.LoadedAssembly a)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
    System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
    NavyFish.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name)
    NavyFish.ToolbarManager.get_Instance ()
    NavyFish.ToolbarManager.get_ToolbarAvailable ()
    NavyFish.DockingPortAlignmentIndicator.Awake ()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(Int32)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.