[1.8.1] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 6.8.5 - Updated 12/14/19)

NavyFish

I am not on the game right now but I believe there is a setting that allows you use Blitzy instead of stock toolbar. If you uncheck that option it should return to stock. It may also be that you can only access the setting on the Space Center screen.

On 7/12/2018 at 12:42 AM, NavyFish said:

thanks @micha

not something I can fix right now but next time I'm in Dev mode I will have a look. this codebase is literally 6 years old.. I had no idea how to use Unity back then :) amazing it's held up this far!

Hey @NavyFish, sorry, missed your reply. I've sent you a PM with some more information; had some time for KSP the last weeks so took a quick look. It wasn't a big change;.

And yeah, it's pretty amazing how backwards-compatible a lot of Unity/KSP stuff has been.

40 minutes ago, BlackHat said:

I am not on the game right now but I believe there is a setting that allows you use Blitzy instead of stock toolbar. If you uncheck that option it should return to stock. It may also be that you can only access the setting on the Space Center screen.

Yeah let me try. It may need to refresh on a change of scene. Thanks.

49 minutes ago, BlackHat said:

Here is my screenshot, there is no option, I felt like there use to be one, at some time. You can only access this during flight.

Pk3eOmH.png

I just think its not possible with Blizzy Toolbar unless Toolbar Controller is inter-grated. 

From OP:

• Lives on either Blizzy's Toolbar or the Stock App Launcher (defaults to Blizzy's if available)

2 hours ago, BlackHat said:

It's not (currently) exposed in the GUI, but you can edit the "GameData/NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/DPAI Settings.cfg" file to force using the stock toolbar.

Hello docking peoples!

@micha was kind enough to recompile DPAI for 1.5.1, as well as clean up debug log errors, increment the version, and add an option to the in-game DPAI settings menu to control the toolbar icon placement (blizzy vs stock). The latest official release version remains functional,  but may spam your debug build logs and will nag you about the version.  ( @Sma @Sprintlooser let us know if it fixes your icon issues... I recommend doing a fresh install of DPAI if it doesn't)

I will publish a new version to SpaceDock/CurseForge/CKAN incorporating all of these changes soon (this weekend, currently afk), but if you're itching to get your hands on micha's unofficial build in the meantime, feel free to do so here:  https://github.com/mwerle/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator

Navy

Edited by NavyFish
because stuff

On 10/24/2018 at 3:12 AM, NavyFish said:

Hello docking peoples!

@micha was kind enough to recompile DPAI for 1.5.1, as well as clean up debug log errors, increment the version, and add an option to the in-game DPAI settings menu to control the toolbar icon placement (blizzy vs stock). The latest official release version remains functional,  but may spam your debug build logs and will nag you about the version.  ( @Sma @Sprintlooser let us know if it fixes your icon issues... I recommend doing a fresh install of DPAI if it doesn't)

I will publish a new version to SpaceDock/CurseForge/CKAN incorporating all of these changes soon (this weekend, currently afk), but if you're itching to get your hands on micha's unofficial build in the meantime, feel free to do so here:  https://github.com/mwerle/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator

Navy

The only thing I noticed is you can't hard force anymore, even if put "true" in /DPAI Settings.cfg

Say like, I did a fresh install of game or mod, had a back up of the Settings.cfg, and placed in there, to save time and start up with it all set-up.

On 10/27/2018 at 11:29 AM, therealcrow999 said:

The only thing I noticed is you can't hard force anymore, even if put "true" in /DPAI Settings.cfg

Say like, I did a fresh install of game or mod, had a back up of the Settings.cfg, and placed in there, to save time and start up with it all set-up.

Is that in my build? Discussing issues about it shouldn't really happen in this thread.. but NavyFish did kinda endorse it. so I dunno.

Anyway, the DPAI Settings.cfg in that build only provide the initial value of which toolbar to use. If you then use the settings window to change that, whatever you set it to in the GUI will be used from then on (overriding whatever is in DPAI Settings.cfg).

Would you prefer it if the DPAI Settings.cfg always overrides the in-game setting? In which case, how would you want the GUI to work? Just for the current session? That might confuse a lot of people (who may not even know about DPAI Settings.cfg). Probably the better option is to remove DPAI Settings.cfg entirely if NavyFish keeps these changes.

4 hours ago, micha said:

Probably the better option is to remove DPAI Settings.cfg entirely if NavyFish keeps these changes.

That's what I was thinking.

Thanks for being protective of the thread, @micha. This is indeed an (endorsed) exception, so no worries.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,   

Expected to have a release out a couple weeks ago but obviously that did not happen. Much travel for business and personal reasons as of late. Hopefully anyone having issues with the official can use an unofficial release for now. Apologies. Not that you should trust my release predictions anymore, but I'll be back home next Thurs, and putting out an update truly has inched its way very close to the top of my personal 'to-do' list. Need moar hours/day.

Navy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 3:55 PM, TheSpaceMonkey said:

@NavyFish Will $$$ speed this process up? What is the best way to send you money? While I think about it, I think I've already had this convo with you lol.

Either way I'll send more.

I'm sorry guys! I was called away for an unexpected assignment, I won't be back stateside until mid January.

Please use the unofficial build for now:  https://github.com/mwerle/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator

As much as I appreciate the offer to donate (more), unfortunately I do not think it will speed up the process this time around. Damn.  But thank you regardless :)

I am glad to see NavyFish and Micha have kept this plugin alive.  I'm back to KSP after an absence of nearly 3 years... Now that my new computer can run it reliably, I'm learning all over again.  Glad to see my guide to using this plugin are still around - I reacquired the skill thanks to the "me of 5 years ago".  :cool:

Keep up the good work and thanks for all the (Navy) Fish!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@NavyFish does the possibility of setting up a Continuous Integration/Release solution with your repo exist? If so, with the right configuration it'd be possible for you to log into the CI platform and hit "run", and it'd automatically pull the latest source, compile it, publish the artifacts back to github releases, and even update CKAN. I'd be willing to help set this up after April if not before then.

47 minutes ago, Casvah said:

@NavyFish does the possibility of setting up a Continuous Integration/Release solution with your repo exist? If so, with the right configuration it'd be possible for you to log into the CI platform and hit "run", and it'd automatically pull the latest source, compile it, publish the artifacts back to github releases, and even update CKAN. I'd be willing to help set this up after April if not before then.

If you're willing to help set that up it could be a really good thing for this plugin.  I have really neglected DPAI for most of this/last year. Not going to go into the details but there have been some large shifts in my personal/professional life that have basically eliminated any free time I used to have for playing video games.  I honestly haven't played KSP other than to test the mod since early 2015.

I've been reticent to completely hand over the mod to another developer for maintenance but perhaps it is time to do so as I clearly have not prioritized updates into the rest of my schedule. 

Part of my reluctance to do so is that the codebase feels super messy.  The feature set of this mod has expanded substantially since the first release and so the whole thing really is due for a complete refactor. Furthermore, the KSP API seems to have evolved tremendously (not to mention the new unity gui stuff... I'm still using immediate mode gui in DPAI...) since I first wrote the plugin back around KSP 0.21 or so.  I'm sure DPAI could take advantage of several of the new game events and other hooks that have been added. TBH I'm surprised and happy the this thing still works at all given the numerous KSP API changes it has withstood.

Anyway, I have no decision here. If someone wants to take over maintenance of this mod, given the full disclosure above, then feel free to contact me and we can figure out how to proceed. Otherwise I will do my best to give this plugin some love when the time and opportunity affords itself.

I must admit to feeling a bit sad that I am no longer really involved with this fantastic community as I was in the past. I think that speaks volumes to the quality of the folks we find here.

Best regards for now

Navy

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2019 at 11:20 PM, NavyFish said:

If you're willing to help set that up it could be a really good thing for this plugin.  I have really neglected DPAI for most of this/last year. Not going to go into the details but there have been some large shifts in my personal/professional life that have basically eliminated any free time I used to have for playing video games.  I honestly haven't played KSP other than to test the mod since early 2015.

I've been reticent to completely hand over the mod to another developer for maintenance but perhaps it is time to do so as I clearly have not prioritized updates into the rest of my schedule. 

Part of my reluctance to do so is that the codebase feels super messy.  The feature set of this mod has expanded substantially since the first release and so the whole thing really is due for a complete refactor. Furthermore, the KSP API seems to have evolved tremendously (not to mention the new unity gui stuff... I'm still using immediate mode gui in DPAI...) since I first wrote the plugin back around KSP 0.21 or so.  I'm sure DPAI could take advantage of several of the new game events and other hooks that have been added. TBH I'm surprised and happy the this thing still works at all given the numerous KSP API changes it has withstood.

Anyway, I have no decision here. If someone wants to take over maintenance of this mod, given the full disclosure above, then feel free to contact me and we can figure out how to proceed. Otherwise I will do my best to give this plugin some love when the time and opportunity affords itself.

I must admit to feeling a bit sad that I am no longer really involved with this fantastic community as I was in the past. I think that speaks volumes to the quality of the folks we find here.

Best regards for now

Navy

Wow, it's shame to read that such a great mod had this history of development. Just installing ksp to update this amazing and must have mod is so much love for community. I think we all appreciate it.

Another shoutout to @NavyFish.

In the brief interludes when waiting for DPAI to be updated for new versions of KSP, I've found I just don't update KSP.

This mod has been a real "must have". For me, the only "must have". Everything else is secondary. We all owe @NavyFish lots of appreciation for what he's done to this point.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.