[1.8.1] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 6.8.5 - Updated 12/14/19)

NavyFish

14 hours ago, Dave7 said:

@TanDeeJay check out the dockrotate mod.  It will let you rotate the sections after docking to get them aligned properly.

That sounds great. I've got my 1st test in orbit and the alignment I achieved is dreadful. But I think that was partly because the port I was trying to dock with was quite a bit off centre from the center of mass. I have since redesigned to try and get the docking ports on the outside ring components as close to their center of mass as possible and also aligned with each other. Looks very amateurishly built, some of the segments are as much as 5degrees out.

Will definitely check it out

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone notice when the get this Mod: Whenever you get out of a Cockpit, it explodes and your sent flung into space, your Kerbal just straight up Dies the moment you load a Vessel, when your on the Runway and you take off, you stray wayyyy left, you fall back down after a bad flight and you had to bail, and it thinks your in a Vessel, so you can't deploy your Chute?

If so, i think it might be this Mod. Might.

Edit: i am in 1.8.1, so that might be it

On 11/27/2019 at 5:41 AM, kerbalk said:

Anyone notice when the get this Mod: Whenever you get out of a Cockpit, it explodes and your sent flung into space, your Kerbal just straight up Dies the moment you load a Vessel, when your on the Runway and you take off, you stray wayyyy left, you fall back down after a bad flight and you had to bail, and it thinks your in a Vessel, so you can't deploy your Chute?

If so, i think it might be this Mod. Might.

Edit: i am in 1.8.1, so that might be it

no problem too with 1.8.1

DPAI Updated

Huge props to @micha for most of this

Version 6.8.4 - 11/30/19

•  [update] Recompiled for KSP 1.8.1
  •  [update] Rebuilt bitmap font file to fix kerning. More work needs to be done, however.
  •  [update] Merged all downstream 'mkw' changes into Master Branch (see below):
    • [fixed] RPM MFD Display would not work unless DPAI UI app was toggled visible at least once
    • [fixed] Module Manager warnings
    • [change]  Removed "DPAI Settings.cfg"
    • [fixed]   Minor code refactor which removed a potential null-reference exception.
    • [added]   Added switching between the Toolbar (Stock vs Blizzy) in the settings menu.
    • [fixed]   Fixed incorrect usage of Unity APIs in field initializers.

For those interested, there is now an official repo up on GitHub: https://github.com/bfishman/Docking-Port-Alignment-Indicator/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@cakepie  if you are around could you pls halp w/ some CKAN metadata?  I'm out of the loop and will almost certainly mess it up

request is simple:  I'd like to change the previous version, 6.8.3, to indicate that it's compatible up to KSP 1.7.3. I believe it was maxing out at 1.6.x

(The newest version, 6.8.4 should be compatible 1.8.0 through 1.8.99 but hopefully space dock will take care of that.  Only change needed should be to update the previous version.)

thank you kind sir!

Edited by NavyFish

NavyFish, you taught me how to dock.

7 hours ago, NavyFish said:

request is simple:  I'd like to change the previous version, 6.8.3, to indicate that it's compatible up to KSP 1.7.3. I believe it was maxing out at 1.6.x

(The newest version, 6.8.4 should be compatible 1.8.0 through 1.8.99 but hopefully space dock will take care of that.  Only change needed should be to update the previous version.)

Consider it done!

EDIT: We have 6.8.3 as 1.6.0 through 1.8.99. Is that OK?

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator-6.8.3.ckan

Edited by HebaruSan

• 2 weeks later...

V6.8.4 updated to v1.8.1: hum... [snip]

Be sure in advance I don't want to be angry, but simply by checking DLL file timestamps from zip (30-June-2019), it's an old release - and having the continuous bug concerning the icon in main menus in previous KSP 1.7.3 (in fact, please be honest, this bug was never fixed). I don't want to use it KSP 1.8.1, and this mod is ban for my computer. Too bad, because I love the docking port renaming feature, and the gauge itself. [snip]

EDIT; downloaded from SpaceDock and your GitHub (lastest release, shown by screen capture below).

19121510155417588316558332.png

Edited by Gargamel
Portions Redacted by Moderator

On 12/1/2019 at 5:37 AM, HebaruSan said:

NavyFish, you taught me how to dock.

Consider it done!

EDIT: We have 6.8.3 as 1.6.0 through 1.8.99. Is that OK?

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator-6.8.3.ckan

LOL (I've placed a reply just above - I'm disappointed about this mod)... It's easy to edit the post title on forum and .version file... Unfortunately, previous releases (binaries) are removed (unable to compare files / CRCs).

Edited by DomiKamu

1 hour ago, DomiKamu said:

LOL (I've placed a reply just above - I'm disappointed about this mod)... It's easy to edit the post title on forum and .version file... Unfortunately, previous releases (binaries) are removed (unable to compare files / CRCs).

Did you know that all releases on Spacedock are still there, click the Changelog link.

and what bug are you talking about?  I have been using this for years, and don’t know what you are talking about.

There arent any open issues on github.  If this is a real, repeatable bug, open an issue with all the details

Edited by linuxgurugamer

21 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you know that all releases on Spacedock are still there, click the Changelog link.

and what bug are you talking about?  I have been using this for years, and don’t know what you are talking about.

There arent any open issues on github.  If this is a real, repeatable bug, open an issue with all the details

The bug is known and never solved : the icon remains from KSP main menus (the readme says it was fixed, it's false).

Also take a look about DLLs (3) timestamps from zip (picture in reply above) : 30/06/2019 (format DD/MM/YYYY - I'm using French Windows).

I've downloaded BOTH from SpaceDock first, then from his GitHub (zip files are identical). Due to this persistent bug, unfortunately I've removed all DPAI from my mods list.

Edited by DomiKamu

The bug is known and never solved : the icon remains from KSP main menus (the readme says it was fixed, it's false).

Also take a look about DLLs (3) timestamps from zip (picture in reply above) : 30/06/2019 (format DD/MM/YYYY - I'm using French Windows).

I've downloaded BOTH from SpaceDock first, then from his GitHub (zip files are identical).

Ever think that he might have made a mistake?  I looked at his github, and there are commits there specifically for KSP 1.8.1.

I just (this moment) downloaded both 6.8.3 and 6.8.4.  While the dates on the dll files are the same, the files are NOT identical.  Besides having run it through a file comparer, here are the md5sums for both:

6.8.3:

/6.8.3/GameData/NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator
$ md5sum *dll
a76ca9c24b36d5f542cf2b79b39f73b4 *DockingPortAlignmentIndicator.dll
b93f722a6d8fad4d44185f6d5034af84 *DPAI_RPM.dll
eb71949081305815cc8d8f82e4aa3814 *ModuleDockingNodeNamed.dll

6.8.4:

6.8.4/GameData/NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator
$ md5sum *dll
eaa9f3a5002dfa704bf378574963c9df *DockingPortAlignmentIndicator.dll
46ce5740f8fbec0dcde8afdf75b1cfd7 *DPAI_RPM.dll
677053776834f980a89a4edf16a76a0b *ModuleDockingNodeNamed.dll

This might be a language thing.  Did you mean to say that the icon shows up on the main menu after having been in the flight scene in a game?  Even so, that is such a minor thing which affects absolutely NOTHING in the game, [snip]

Edited by Gargamel
Portions Redacted by Moderator

Some Posts have been edited or removed.

Folks, bugs happen in mods.   They just do.   There is no reason to personally attack a modder for apparent bugs.   Most modders have multiple methods for bug reporting, be it in the thread or a github issue or other means.   If these methods aren't used, there's no way to expect them, volunteer modders who do this in their own time,  to be aware of the issue. 

Also, if you see a post that is potentially rule breaking or likely to cause a fight, please report it.   Do not resort to trying to backseat moderate the thread.   You'll just end up being another combatant in the fight.  Let us handle the moderation here. 

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you mean to say that the icon shows up on the main menu after having been in the flight scene in a game?

Yes, this is the issue I mention. By using any other mod, this never occur. Also, from older README.txt (or similar doc, I don't remember precisely) he've mentionned this (cosmetic) issue was solved, but in reality, not. Something is bad in source 'I presume - I don't have C# knowledges to read sources).

Also, about recent compiled dlls, it's abnormal to see 30/06/2019 (aka 30-June-2019) as timestamp from zip files (from Spacedock, and from GitHub) for... KSP 1.8.1 binaries! Be sure it's confusing for me, but also for other users here. Why the ".version" file mentions from v1.6 to v1.8.9 (from previous release)?

For me, it's end of this story. I don't want fight or something like. I've reported this issue many times in this topic. Yes, it's an issue (despite the game doesn't crash). By this way, I've just decided to avoid this mod, nothing else.

Regards.

Edited by DomiKamu

I don't know how much time @NavyFish has at this time, but I've got a longhaul flight coming up later this week. I can take a look then.

@DomiKamu are you using stock toolbar or blizzy toolbar for this mod?  Please add any additional information to the bug report. If you don't have a GitHub account, here will do as well. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, micha said:

I don't know how much time @NavyFish has at this time, but I've got a longhaul flight coming up later this week. I can take a look then.

@DomiKamu are you using stock toolbar or blizzy toolbar for this mod?  Please add any additional information to the bug report. If you don't have a GitHub account, here will do as well. Thanks.

I'm using stock toolbar. I've already posted in this topic the elements about this issue (but now they're 58 pages).

Edited by DomiKamu

31 minutes ago, micha said:

FYI :

- Page 54 (May 30, 2018)

- Page 48 (January 3, 2017)

- Page 47 (October 26, 2016)

Perhaps more older post(s) from me, but I don't have checked prior page 47... For pages I've mentioned, simply search my nickname DomiKamu.

I precise I'm not alone, other users have reported the same issue since long time. I'd like to have a clean KSP on my computer, and I avoid buggy mods.

Edited by DomiKamu

Hi, having given "a last chance" by testing 6.8.4 over KSP 1.8.1, stock toolbar (+ ToolbarControl mod, required for lastest Critical Temperature Gauge). For now, the DPAI app icon doesn't come back on scene change (main menus), so I'm crossing mine fingers...

EDIT: too bad (again), the icon issue isn't solved!

19121612195717588316558757.png

Edited by DomiKamu

3 hours ago, DomiKamu said:

Hi, having given "a last chance" by testing 6.8.4 over KSP 1.8.1, stock toolbar (+ ToolbarControl mod, required for lastest Critical Temperature Gauge). For now, the DPAI app icon doesn't come back on scene change (main menus), so I'm crossing mine fingers...

EDIT: too bad (again), the icon issue isn't solved!

19121612195717588316558757.png

Hi Domikamu, i m using english version of ksp on a windows 10 french system. There are some icons like yours, showing in the main menu, this for a long time for me, but never feels that as an issue, just a little maybe "bug". Never get problem to run the game. So i may just tell you to consider if the game s running fine, and so let s the icon make their lives :)

27 minutes ago, LTQ90 said:

Hi Domikamu, i m using english version of ksp on a windows 10 french system. There are some icons like yours, showing in the main menu, this for a long time for me, but never feels that as an issue, just a little maybe "bug". Never get problem to run the game. So i may just tell you to consider if the game s running fine, and so let s the icon make their lives :)

Using French Windows 7 too (us-en KSP) - but this "bug" also concerns English Windows users. Firstly, other mods I'm using don't have this "bug". I admit the game runs fine, but be sure it's abnormal. For me, it's a bug, like any other bugs. I don't understand why it wasn't fixed (despite as indicated in TXT file - since 6.8.0 !). For now, I don't use it why this bug remains unfixed.

Can confirm *I'm* not seeing the icon on the Main menu, on English Windows 8.1 and Eng. KSP 1.8.1.

Just wanted to ask either @NavyFish or @micha , if it might be feasable to change DPAI toolbar icon from *defaulting* to Blizzy's Toolbar, and defaulting to the stock toolbar instead?

I just installed DPAI, and spent around 15mins wondering and troubleshooting why i wasnt seeing the DPAI toolbar icon. I *do* have Toolbar Controller installed, and I mistakenly *assumed* DPAI had TC support... (At first, when LGG developed TC and made it a hard dependency for SOOOO many mods, I was not happy... But now that its basically a requirement for literally a few hundred mods, and it doesnt seem so bad itself, its easy to forget that there *are* still many moar mods that *dont* use it :P )

So, anyway, I couldnt understand why DPAI wasnt showing in stock toolbar, or in the TC checkbox listing... So I then went to the DPAI OP, only to read that, yes, it *defaults* to (Blizzy's) Toolbar mod when installed... :derp: ... well, you have to then go into the Toolbar settings to set visible buttons, and lo & behold, there it was... meaning you have to actually manually set it to show up on Blizzys... :P

Anyway, I'm thinking with LGG adopting Blizzy's, and moar wide-spread use of TC, making the default for DPAI to the *stock* toolbar, may head off much head scratching, and many future unecessary posts in this thread from peeps wondering where the icon is when they first install it, if they already have Toolbar installed... vOv

Its quicker & easier to *find*, and switch the icon from stock to Toolbar, than Toolbar to stock... ;)

If either of you think this might be worth looking at Sometime™, I can log a feature request issue on the repo as a reminder...?? vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.