[1.8.1] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 6.8.5 - Updated 12/14/19)

NavyFish

46 minutes ago, DStaal said:

And to be Restock-compatible, apparently.  Sounds like something you could submit to:

Check my fork. I asked Snark in the IL thread if he would be interested in a PR for this in the base mode.  If he likes that I'll submit another ReStock PR, I've already got one if for some antenna fixes.  He's a bit slow on incorporating PR's for restock, there are a couple bug fixes that are months old.

13 minutes ago, sushi64 said:

It doesnt work at all its broken

More info needed Boss (ksp.log,Player.log) i am pretty sure  people here do NOT have the ability to read minds, but then again i might be wrong

14 hours ago, sushi64 said:

It doesnt work at all its broken

No logs, no details, no support. Sorry. We're not mind readers.

Please see the linked post for good issue reporting protocol for modded installs. @NavyFish: can you link this on the OP please?

14 hours ago, sushi64 said:

my game just crashed

Just an FYI, save early, save often (Ctrl-F5) and backup your save-game folder regularly.

Can almost always recover a crashed save.

Ready for download from all the official sources (see first post):

[6.9.0.0] for KSP 1.9.1 - 2020-06-22
Added

• Docking port restrictions have been added. When cycling through docking ports, only docking ports which are compatible with the current vessel are shown. (#4)

Fixed

• Fix HUD Icon Size not getting saved (#6)

A quick question: Is this folder structure right?

danieltstaal@MacBook-Pro GameData % ls -R NavyFish
Plugins

NavyFish/Plugins:
Docking Port Alignment Indicator	ToolbarIcons
DockingPortAlignmentIndicator

NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator:
DPAI_RPM.dll				PluginData
DockingPortAlignmentIndicator.dll	RPM Configs
DockingPortAlignmentIndicator.version	moduleDockingNodeNamed.cfg
ModuleDockingNodeNamed.dll

NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/PluginData:

NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/PluginData/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator:
DialogPlain.fnt		alignment.png		prograde.png
DialogPlain.png		appLauncherIcon.png	retrograde.png
RPM_background.png	directionArrow.png	roll.png
RPM_helpscreen.txt	gaugeBackground.png	targetPort.png
RPM_mainscreen.txt	gaugeForeground.png

NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator/RPM Configs:
DPAI_RPM_BasicMFD.cfg

NavyFish/Plugins/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator:
PluginData	RPM Configs

NavyFish/Plugins/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator/PluginData:

NavyFish/Plugins/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator/PluginData/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator:

NavyFish/Plugins/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator/RPM Configs:

NavyFish/Plugins/ToolbarIcons:
DPAI.png

Note both `NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator` and `NavyFish/Plugins/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator` directories.

29 minutes ago, DStaal said:

A quick question: Is this folder structure right?

Note both `NavyFish/Plugins/Docking Port Alignment Indicator` and `NavyFish/Plugins/DockingPortAlignmentIndicator` directories.

Bleep bleep bleep.

My build script stuffed up.

...and there doesn't appear to be a way to tell Spacedock to revert. Arg!

...ah, but it's not as bad as I thought.  Sorry, the way you showed the directory structure was rather confusing. "tree /f" is much better.
So yeah, it's a badly packaged release, but it won't actually break anything.  Will be fixed "soon(tm"), but no rush.  *pfew*

Issue: https://github.com/bfishman/Docking-Port-Alignment-Indicator/issues/8

Edited by micha

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Yeah, but `tree` isn't a standard macOS utility, and this was better than trying to come up with a set of screenshots in the Finder.  ;)

Going off-topic here, but I picked up this trick of piping find through sed for formatting into a directory tree. Aliased it to `tree`

find . -print | sed -e 's;[^/]*/;|____;g;s;____|; |;g'

Could also install tree itself through homebrew if you want  

21 minutes ago, somnambulist said:

Going off-topic here, but I picked up this trick of piping find through sed for formatting into a directory tree. Aliased it to `tree`

find . -print | sed -e 's;[^/]*/;|____;g;s;____|; |;g'

Could also install tree itself through homebrew if you want  

Neat trick, I'll have to stash that someplace.

(I could, but I don't think the rare use is worth installing homebrew at this point.)

6.9.1 is live, just a quick patch.

@NavyFishAny chance of updating the first post? Cheers :)

[6.9.1.0] for KSP 1.9.1 - 2020-06-23
Fixed
- Renamed DialogPlain.fnt to fix log errors during startup (#5)
- Removed spurious empty directories from distribution pacakge (#8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is such a must-have quality-of-life utility mod, much thanks to all behind it!

Starting to see weird behaviour & Null Ref Exceptions recently (after last update), probably just a mod conflict issue with my install - wondering if anyone else has seen:

1. Minor issue with Indicator not picking up a selected port, seems selecting another port then the original again updates the UI (was blank previously - but can dock with port, so assume must be classed as compatible)

2. Continuous Null Reference Exceptions (see example from log below) while Docking Alignment UI is open from Toolbar - just happened after I un-docked a stock Pod with Wild Blue Industries' MK2 Docking Port, from a station with KerbalMax Industries' Telescopic Clamp-O-Tron Docking Module. I'm assuming this is a new issue, as I used a previous version of Docking Port Alignment Indicator to dock this pod in the past few weeks:

[EXC 21:13:58.583] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    NavyFish.DockingPortAlignmentIndicator.isCompatiblePort (ModuleDockingNode targetPort) (at <713e0ebbc7204aec862c78762bb4afee>:0)
    NavyFish.DockingPortAlignmentIndicator.determineTargetPort () (at <713e0ebbc7204aec862c78762bb4afee>:0)
    NavyFish.DockingPortAlignmentIndicator.Update () (at <713e0ebbc7204aec862c78762bb4afee>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I'll make sure to keep the full log files for when this happens again to help mine / anyone else's debugging (restarted & wiped it... whoops!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been having an occasional bug with DPAI 6.9.1 on KSP 1.10.1.2939. Occasionally I'll open the DPAI window (I've got it set to work with the stock toolbar) and get nothing but the exterior frame and a message that states "No Port Selected", despite having one selected as the docking target. The crosshair area is completely transparent. 

I need to get y'all a log and maybe a screenie or two; unfortunately I don't have either right now and I'll get them ASAP. Just curious to see if anybody else is seeing this type of behavior. Luckily for me my manual docking skills are still up to snuff, but it is a pain to have to go without...

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Why does the thread title not say it's 6.9.1 for KSP 1.10.1 as Spacedock does?

Then nobody needs to ask...

NavyFish hasnt been very active for quite sometime (thread author)... Micha has been handling updates and support... I guess they have decided so far not to create a seperate thread, and "officially" take over the mod... vOv

The mod does support KSP-AVC, and IIRC is listed on CKAN, so hopefully that helps with keeping up to date... vOv

On 10/2/2020 at 7:28 AM, Gordon Dry said:

Why does the thread title not say it's 6.9.1 for KSP 1.10.1 as Spacedock does?

Then nobody needs to ask...

They ask anyway.  It doesn't matter what you do someone will always ask rather than just try it and see if it works.

Just now, Gordon Dry said:

@Tonka Crash Well, yes. But imagine you go into a building with a big wide sign at the front where it says "1789 style cookies to go" and inside you get "vegan dog food in cans".

Some™ people read the title (the sign) and assume something about it.

One could reasonably expect cookies instead of dog food.  A better analogy for the "1789 style cookies to go" would be the people that start asking more questions. 

Are there nuts inside?  Are these paleo? Are these gluten free?  Are these non-dairy? Are they vegan? Are these non-GMO? Did these use locally sourced ingredients? Were they baked with fossil fuels or renewable energy? It's impossible to satisfy every one with a simple sign.

(FYI, Never take home made cookies to work)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.