[1.8.1] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 6.8.5 - Updated 12/14/19)

NavyFish

I consider this to be one of the most essential mods out there. Great job! Thanks a lot!!

I recently gifted this game to a friend and I'd like to introduce him to mods..

Thats awesome to hear! Thank you :)

Here's a quick peek of DPAI working with the stock app launcher. It was pretty easy to set up. Making a few other changes and additions (AVC integration being one) and then will release v5 soon.

appLauncher.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

@aradapilot- Good catch, thanks! Updated.

Here's a quick peek of DPAI working with the stock app launcher. It was pretty easy to set up. Making a few other changes and additions (AVC integration being one) and then will release v5 soon.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u5/usnavyfish/appLauncher.jpg

Great! This is probably the most essential mod, IMHO :cool:

I'm looking forward to v5. I just installed this on my KSP 0.90 instance, and while the 'show/hide' button was movable at first, it now seems to be permanently stuck in one place (upper left-ish corner).

I'm still figuring out how to use it, but oddly-shaped space-station modules weighing dozens of tons and attached to sluggish giant rockets or too-flexible tugs are a lousy place to start learning.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u5/usnavyfish/appLauncher.jpg

That looks sweet!!

Simple but extremely functional!

Thanks again.

I'm looking forward to v5. I just installed this on my KSP 0.90 instance, and while the 'show/hide' button was movable at first, it now seems to be permanently stuck in one place (upper left-ish corner).

I've used it a bit more, got a bit more experience with it, and indeed it is helpful in some ways. There is definitely a learning curve tho, and it's very confusing when you're new to it.

I've found that the button to show/hide the display will often be movable the first time the game is loaded, but then 'stuck' afterwards. Except sometimes, when it remains movable. In any case, it always seems to want to revert back to the original spawn position rather than remain where I put it. (KSP 0.90, on OSX 10.10.1, also using Kerbal Alarm Clock, MechJeb, and several other mods).

In any case, I'd rather have it next to the other buttons in the stock launcher by default.

Keep up the good work tho! I'm looking foward to the next version!

New Version Released!

Version 5.0 - Released 1/9/2015

[added] Integration with stock application launcher (removed support for blizzy's toolbar)

[changed] DPAI can now be displayed without target selected. Use stock toolbar button to show/hide indicator

[added] Setting to enable/disable cycling and automatic targeting of ports on target vessel (default: enabled)

[added] Setting to exclude 'already docked' ports when cycling through available targets (default: enabled)

[added] Setting to show/hide Target Port HUD Icon and change its size

[added] KSP AVC integration (Mini-AVC bundled)

Download From Curse Forge

Edited by NavyFish

Why ? My stock application launcher is getting crowded and I try to move as many mods as possible to blizzy's toolbar.

I agree, at least with Blizzys I can move it around and resize it. I think several mods now just have an option for both that can be turned on and off.

Why ? My stock application launcher is getting crowded and I try to move as many mods as possible to blizzy's toolbar.

This was my reaction, and the reason I haven't downloaded it. I simply don't have the room to fit it in the stock toolbar.

This was my reaction, and the reason I haven't downloaded it. I simply don't have the room to fit it in the stock toolbar.

Another +1 here - the stock toolbar is too big even at 1080p, and is already crowded with things I never click on. This mod doesn't actually need a toolbar icon at all, unless you want to change settings and there are no docking ports nearby. I won't be upgrading.

Wow, I honestly did not see that coming. I can put support for blizzy's toolbar back in.

Thank you! I love this mod, I'm just cramped for screen space.

I have no problem with the stock toolbar, but I really appreciate the option to use the other one.

Version 5.1 Released

[changed] Re-enabled support for Blizzy's Toolbar. If present, DPAI will place its button on Blizzy's toolbar.

DPAI can be forced to place its button on the Stock App Launcher via a config file (see bundled Readme.txt)

From the Readme:

-If Blizzy's toolbar is installed, DPAI will use it by default. If you'd like to force DPAI
to use the Stock Application Launcher instead, open "GameData\NavyFish\Plugins\DPAI Settings.cfg"
and change 'forceStockAppLauncher = false' to 'forceStockAppLauncher = true'

I don't know if this has been asked, but have you considered doing a version that works with the mod RPM?? (Rasterpropmonitor)

I do all my docking in IVA view, and this would be very useful on one RPM's displays in the command capsule. With RPM all we have is cameras we can set up and use for lining up docking ports, by eye. This mod would work great along side the cameras, and really finish the whole thing off.

An RPM compatible version would bring you a bunch of new customers, including me. :)

I don't know if this has been asked, but have you considered doing a version that works with the mod RPM??

It has been asked for, quite a bit in fact. It's technically a planned feature, but there are some challenges to be overcome unique to the DPAI.

It'll happen eventually, without a doubt.

And now that we have AVC integration, you'll be notified when it happens :)

Navyfish thank you so much for dealing with both toolbars and letting us continue to use Blizzy's. I dread the day too many mod developers jump ship completely to the AppLauncher before Squad has a chance to make it collapsible or something and I'm forced to use VOID or Engineer to be able to see my Altitude, vertical speed, etc because the AppLaunch buttons cover up the top-center UI widget! :/

Thank you! I love this mod, I'm just cramped for screen space.

I have no problem with the stock toolbar, but I really appreciate the option to use the other one.

The only "problem" with the stock toolbar is that the larger icons rapidly fill up the top of the screen with no means of hiding them. I do foresee a new toolbar mod that addresses the stock bar issue with foldout or dropdown categories. :)

Wonderful update! Thanks for the hard work NavyFish!

Navyfish thank you so much for dealing with both toolbars and letting us continue to use Blizzy's. I dread the day too many mod developers jump ship completely to the AppLauncher before Squad has a chance to make it collapsible or something and I'm forced to use VOID or Engineer to be able to see my Altitude, vertical speed, etc because the AppLaunch buttons cover up the top-center UI widget! :/

The better solution would be if they simply made the stock app launcher vertical against the right side of the screen and have popouts to the left. That's where I always put Blizzy's anyway. Not sure where they would put it in the VAB.

Edited by Alshain

The only "problem" with the stock toolbar is that the larger icons rapidly fill up the top of the screen with no means of hiding them. I do foresee a new toolbar mod that addresses the stock bar issue with foldout or dropdown categories. :)

The Toolbar mod from Blizzy already allows you to snap to the edge of the screen and hide it, and you can also create more than one toolbar if you need more space for buttons or just want to group them. It also has folders.

The better solution would be if they simply made the stock app launcher vertical against the right side of the screen and have popouts to the left. That's where I always put Blizzy's anyway. Not sure where they would put it in the VAB.

Well, it would have to be moved in Map mode because the 3 UI icons are on the right for ship info, crew info, body info, and also even it started from the bottom and grew upwards eventually it would conflict with the resources window, which has a variable height and some people like to keep open all the time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.