Mk2 Cockpit Internals

Sam Hall

7/29/14 - UPDATED VERSION OF MODULEMANAGER PACKAGED IN ZIP, UPDATED .CFG FILES FOR 0.24. NO OTHER CHANGES.

6/1/14 - OKAY APPARENTLY SPACEPORT IS DEAD NOW. RELOCATED TO CURSE. NO OTHER CHANGES TO MOD AT THIS TIME

10/18/13 - UPDATED FOR COMPATIBILITY WITH 0.22

Hey, you know this cockpit?

TqEtihN.png

It's got windows and instruments now

aRilWcql.jpg

zbTvYEOl.jpg

QNHVXQfl.jpg

am3vBrUl.jpg

Like TouhouTorpedo's Mk3 internal mod, this doesn't break compatibility with any of your savegame or craft files; nothing is changed or overwritten except the "INTERNAL { name = yaddayaddayadda }" line in the cockpits part.cfg.

Get it here:

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220927-mk2-cockpit-internals

License:CC 3.0 Share Alike with attribution

Edited by Sam Hall
i think the profanity filter had a problem with the word "cockpit" or something

Been waiting for this ever since my crushing disappointment over the barely-implemented vanilla IVAs many updates ago. With this and TouhouTorpedo's Mk. 3 cockpit, planes are viable in IVA-only view!

Thanks for the internals! I just figured out how to get the Mk3 IVA to work with B9's Mk 5 cockpit and between the two, I'm very happy! Every capsule and command pod needs a good IVA.

Edited by HeadHunter67

My 0.02 kerbal monetary units:

If you're using the Module Manager plugin (like, for FAR) you can, instead of overwriting Squad's config file for Mk2 cockpit, patch this internal in by creating a part-patch.cfg file anywhere you like within GameData containing this:

@PART[Mark2Cockpit]
{

@INTERNAL
{
@name = SH_mk2CockpitInternal
}
}

YES !!!! Finally ! FANTASTIC ! Great work ! and mostly THANKS A LOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm a huge cockpit view fan, unfortunately i'm also a big MK2 fan, always had great problems in deciding cockpit when making space or regular planes. You have solved this !)

Nice IVA!

The current cockpits in KSP are just jokes (placeholders),kerbals dont even fit in it lol.

Here some "realistic" cockpit: (enough room for one kerbal+props)

f42Bv8o.jpg

Where is that modded cockpit from? Do you have a download link?