Mk2 Cockpit Internals

Sam Hall

Your cfg file is not working for me. Where did you put the mod files?

Here's part of my GameData structure:

GameData ---------
|- ModuleManager.dll
|- Catram
| |- Squad_Cockpits.cfg
|
|- SH_mods

I don't think the location of Squad_Cockpits.cfg will matter as long as ModuleManager is presented.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the MK 2 cockpit with the added mod RasterPropMonitor MFD's.

screenshot35_zps415d4f49.png

screenshot34_zps828996cd.png

Module Manager 1.5 patch:

@PART[Mark2Cockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = JSIInternalPersistence
}
}

@INTERNAL[SH_mk2CockpitInternal]
{
MODULE
{
name = InternalCameraTargetHelper
}

PROP
{
name = RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD
position = -0.09690921,0.7840058,-0.1828369
rotation = 0.01752572,0.01737344,0.004057397,0.9996873
scale = 0.2925733,0.2925733,0.2925733
}

PROP
{
position = 0.09735208,0.7847056,-0.1828762
rotation = 0.01752572,-0.01737344,-0.004057397,0.9996873
scale = 0.292573,0.292573,0.292573
}
}

Edited by therealcrow999

No I didn't. I will contact him, I just read more into license, thanks. I will kill links until I hear from him. The Mk3 mod cockpit had simliar licince, thats why I thought it was same, but that one allowed thing to be added to cfg.

That's pretty awesome. And wow, now it's looking more like an F-14 cockpit than F-4J.

Though...hate to be That Dude, but do you have permission from Sam Hall to modify and redistribute? The license explicitly requires permission to do so.

So I can put the MM code up? I didn't alter or move anything, I definitely am not taking credit. The only thing I did was repackage zip to be more MM friendly, which I think is against License.

Thanks for heads up, I am new to this.

Your MM patches are fine, btw; it's only redistributing original, and/or changed, files, that's an issue (though one hopefully which permission will resolve!)

Yeah, it's not a question of credit, it's a question of respecting the author's wishes, and this author wishes that anyone seeking to change or redistribute the work seek permission first. :)

You can (AFAIK) definitely put up MM patch code. You can't put up an altered (or not) full part cfg derived from the original work however.

Thanks NathanKell. This has been a learning experience, I will be more mindful.

Yeah, it's not a question of credit, it's a question of respecting the author's wishes, and this author wishes that anyone seeking to change or redistribute the work seek permission first. :)

You can (AFAIK) definitely put up MM patch code. You can't put up an altered (or not) full part cfg derived from the original work however.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks NathanKell. This has been a learning experience, I will be more mindful.

Sperglords with sperglord licenses. Check the modding terms and conditions because I'm pretty sure this sort of license won't be permitted for much longer.

No I didn't. I will contact him, I just read more into license, thanks. I will kill links until I hear from him. The Mk3 mod cockpit had simliar licince, thats why I thought it was same, but that one allowed thing to be added to cfg.

HI OKAY YES sorry I am difficult to contact guys, I've been kind of busy and also didn't actually realize the KSP forums had private messages until just now.

If I'm understanding your question correctly, what you want to distribute is just the internal.cfg file with some extra MODULE { } lines stuck in for those MFDs? That's okay by me. I should point out though that I've just uploaded a new version of the cockpit that fixes some slightly mispositioned props, so you'll probably want to paste that over the old version of the internal.cfg.

Also, I've gone ahead and repackaged the zip on Spaceport to work with ModuleManager. I'm not real familiar with how MM works but nothing seems to have broken in the process.

Sam Hall has repackage his Mk2 Cockpit IVA to work with Module Manager 1.5, which was nice of him, and he also did some minor tweaks to the props. I decide to just go ahead and redo the patch code for RasterPropMonitor, just in case the old code of mine didn't work in Sam's new update.

If you need updated and repackage mod of Sam's IVA, just go to the original post of this page.

If you don't know what RasterPropMonitor - make your IVA a glass cockpit mod is, here is download link to grab it:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603

Here is code to get MFD's in the Mk2 Cockpit Internals, of course you need at Module Manager 1.5:

@PART[Mark2Cockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = JSIInternalPersistence
}
}

@INTERNAL[SH_mk2CockpitInternal]
{
MODULE
{
name = InternalCameraTargetHelper
}

PROP
{
position = 0.1026138,0.789129,-0.1842925
rotation = 0,0,0,1
scale = 0.3281871,0.3281871,0.3281871
}

PROP
{
position = -0.1016684,0.789129,-0.1842925
rotation = 0,0,0,1
scale = 0.3281871,0.3281871,0.3281871
}
}

Also here is screen shot of MFD's in Mk2 Cockpit mod:

screenshot3_zps8cda22bb.png

Thanks and enjoy!

Oh, if don't mind can you update you original post thread, so other people know you repackaged and updated your mod recently.

HI OKAY YES sorry I am difficult to contact guys, I've been kind of busy and also didn't actually realize the KSP forums had private messages until just now.

If I'm understanding your question correctly, what you want to distribute is just the internal.cfg file with some extra MODULE { } lines stuck in for those MFDs? That's okay by me. I should point out though that I've just uploaded a new version of the cockpit that fixes some slightly mispositioned props, so you'll probably want to paste that over the old version of the internal.cfg.

Also, I've gone ahead and repackaged the zip on Spaceport to work with ModuleManager. I'm not real familiar with how MM works but nothing seems to have broken in the process.

Schmonzo, it is for 0.20 would it work with 0.23?

Nope, you'll have to install it like it tells you to, BUT instead of overwriting the MK3 cockpit cfg with the one you downloaded, you'll have to go into the MK3 cockpit's cfg and change the line saying something along the lines of

INTERNAL{
name=Cockpitmark3
}

You'll have to add "TTUPGRADE", without the citation marks, after the name= line.