Mk2 Cockpit Internals

Sam Hall

• 5 weeks later...

How to switch IVA in mk2 cockpit? I mean, to look back, at kerbal face in IVA. I can't find it anywhere.

Some1 in this thread told, that with "shift" in numeric pad... Well.. I don't have any. I tried also every combinations with shift/alt/ctrl + numeric pad.

How to switch IVA in mk2 cockpit? I mean, to look back, at kerbal face in IVA. I can't find it anywhere.

Some1 in this thread told, that with "shift" in numeric pad... Well.. I don't have any. I tried also every combinations with shift/alt/ctrl + numeric pad.

I believe that to be the numeric keypd in the IVA, not on your keyboard. Click the shift key!

sry if someone already talk about it, but a RPM compatibility would be awesome now ! :) anyway thx for the mod :)

Don't want to sound rude but if you would bother with reading the OP from RPM you would see that the Mk2 prop placement was recently changed and it actually is included in RPM directly for a while now....

Quoted from the changelog in the RPM OP

Sam Hall's Mk2 cockpit got the full prop replacement treatment. If it is installed as distributed, the patch will be automatically used, otherwise you will get the usual Generic Space with props.

And even the old MM patch made by therealcrow999 is posted exactly one page previous to this one..... .. :mad:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This mod is bugged in 23.5 (ARM Patch). When launching a spaceplane from the runway there will be no Kerbal cockpit view on the bottom right, IVA isn't available, and there is no staging column. I could still right click on the engine and start it that way.

I reinstalled the stock part.cfg file, and everything worked fine again. Hopefully SH is still on the forums, maybe he will have a solution :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod! Although it does look cool, it's not look very realistic:

FA-18D-Cockpit-Night-Attack-S.jpg

Overall, my biggest complaint is the thick, curved borders between the windows. It should be more straight with angles, and from outside, the cockpid does not look like there is nearly that much space between the windows; it should be no more than 3 centimeters between each window.

Just installed this with the new glass cockpit version and it works fine.

I may have found a conflict with another mod though.

When I added an external command seat to the outside of the Mk2 cockpit the default internal view was shown.

I was also using TouhouTorpedo's Seat Fixer mod at the time, so I don't know if it is TouhouTorpedo's mod or if the stock seat will do the same?

• 1 month later...

Sam Hall's profile says he hasn't logged in since February, which is unfortunate. :(

I'll ask anyway; maybe somebody else will know the answer.

This IVA is superior to the MK1 IVA in almost every way. The one small problem I have is it can be difficult to see over the top of the navball. How hard would it be to raise the camera position a little bit? Is that an easy fix, or a major project?

Sam Hall's profile says he hasn't logged in since February, which is unfortunate. :(

I'll ask anyway; maybe somebody else will know the answer.

This IVA is superior to the MK1 IVA in almost every way. The one small problem I have is it can be difficult to see over the top of the navball. How hard would it be to raise the camera position a little bit? Is that an easy fix, or a major project?

I think that needs to adjust the model in Unity, do you know you can double click the front round window for a "lean forward" view? Edited by Darren9

No I did not know that, thanks!

I just tried it. The problem of staying lined up with the runway while at a high angle of attack is fixed, so that's good... but now I can't see any instruments. LOL :D

Yeah, I came up with a similar solution by placing a camera on top of the vertical stabilizer.

You can also fly a curved final approach to keep the runway in sight until just before landing. It's a little trickier, but very satisfying when it works right.

Just in case anyone was wondering about possible conflicts, I just downloaded this from Curse, and can confirm that it works fine with 0.23.5 and RPM. The instruments get overwritten properly by the RPM instruments automatically with no adjustments.

EDIT (Internals not showing up)

Guh, disregard. I mis-installed my mods. A fresh install of KSP and all mods made everything better.

Edited by NoClass

• 4 weeks later...