I found Jeb Kerman's Junkyard And Spaceship Factory IRL

Agent86

And their lawyers are sharpening their knives in anticipation of a trademark infringement suit.......

I would really, really recommend contacting this company and asking for permission to use their logo. They might like the publicity and the idea of their flag flying on imaginary planets. But OTOH, they might think KSP epic rocket fails give them a bad name.

Trademark infringement is unlikely unless the company is in the aerospace or computer gaming businesses - which it doesn't seem to be :) As far as I can tell they havn't registered the logo as a trademark either (US or Australia). But yeah, safer not to use the logo without permission.

Very nice! :)

Not to be creepy but I want to try to see how good I am at deduction and use only the information in the photograph to take a guess at its locale . . . (realize someone linked to their website up above but will try to guess without that) . . . Based on the architecture and spacing between bulidings I'm going with North America, probably U.S. but that plant life does look a bit 'stunted' so northern latitude (_possibly_ Canada) . . . hmmm, the fact that the large structure has one wall that is completely open suggests that this MIGHT be a temperate climate where the winters are not very harsh (depends on what the large structure is used for I guess). If this were a more southern locale like Georgia then the 'stunted tree' on the right could actually be an overgrown shrub and the basic arrangement of stuff does remind me rather much of places I've seen around Atlanta . . . I'm gonna guess southern U.S. probably east of the Mississippi (if I was more of a botanist I could probably place it better).

ADDIT:

Oh wow! Holy crap I was way off!! :blush:

Why it's elementary my dear Watson. What? You say it is in Australia?!?

Well CRAP! 'throws fancy hat on the ground and snaps his pipe in two.' FRAK This! 'Stomps away'

Heheh!

That was a great write up though. I was thinking Texas for a bit. :D

Private individuals could use the logo on a flag in their game for two reasons: It falls under "fair use", and more importantly, it's not worth pursuing any kind of legal action over it anyhow, especially against private individuals using a graphic for personal use in a video game. (How would they honestly even know?)

Now if someone made a mod with that logo on it, they might get a cease and desist if the owners had no sense of humor about it.

Edited by HeadHunter67

Private individuals could use the logo on a flag in their game for two reasons: It falls under "fair use", and more importantly, it's not worth pursuing any kind of legal action over it anyhow.

I know I'm going to do some Mun landings with that flag...

Because of you bastards, I just spent the last hour going through aviation and space salvage sites.

See what you started :)

I do not know how I would explain a $275 charge on VISA, for a Navball to wife though......

Because of you bastards, I just spent the last hour going through aviation and space salvage sites.

See what you started :)

I do not know how I would explain a $275 charge on VISA, for a Navball to wife though......

"Honey, did you know you can buy a complete LR-101 engine for about $3000?"

"No, of course I didn't! I didn't even spend a tenth of that."

This is one of those little things that just makes my day. So much about this is awesome! Someone needs to email them a picture of their flag planted on the Mun with Jeb Bob and Bill in the pod so their names are in the lower right corner.

If you really wanted to be devious, leave no explanation with the photo >:)

This is one of those little things that just makes my day. So much about this is awesome! Someone needs to email them a picture of their flag planted on the Mun with Jeb Bob and Bill in the pod so their names are in the lower right corner.

If you really wanted to be devious, leave no explanation with the photo >:)

I call responsibility of doing this.

haha - just clicked the link to their website. See that crane on there? Dont get anywhere close to it - cause you know who´s in the seat, right?

And their helmets? Gosh, why invent franchise-products for your game, when it´s already out there?

Jay Leno stuff.

Edited by Mr. Scruffy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.