[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

Celestial Bodies Revamped

This pack offers all planets and moons in a vanilla friendly feel with a small touch of my own added.

With true HD Color- and Normal- maps, I present this pack in both default and doubled resolution.

Download

Celestial Bodies Revamped HD part1

Celestial Bodies Revamped HD part2

Change Log

rev1 - Initial release with Kerbin

rev2 - Added Mun, Minmus, Duna and Ike

rev3 - Redid Kerbin, Duna and Mun's normal-map, also recolored Kerbin. Added Moho, Eve, Gilly, Dres, Jool and Eeloo.

rev4 - Retouched many existing bodies and added all of the rest. This is the semi-final release, I might touch up something over time but other than that - this pack is complete.

Edited by Tingle

You are going to need to be a bit more precise in your description there. Blue and white helmet and trim? What exactly do you mean? Do you have photo example of something like it?

Sadly I don't have a picture :(

but, using your red and black kerbal texture as an example; everything red changed to light(ish) blue, and everything black changed to white. if that's any help.

if need be I'll try and come up with something for and example.

I'm certain it's already been mentioned but, what exactly does the Kerbin2 texture do?

Also, is it possible to change the sun colour, or was that defined in Unity?

Kerbin2 is the specular and bump.

The 1 px hack flattens bump (leaves specular) but only if the kerbin1 texture has an alpha channel that correctly defines specular cutout. Basically, there's only 2 textures that applies to. And they are called *MATTE* (because the ground is matte)

And yes, you can change the sun. Although I don't think it's part of the files the replacer can replace. Ie my sunflare mod can be changed to make blue flare + the sun texture can be changed + sun-corona can be changed. You'd have to use the same method as described in that "mod" though.

What you can not change, is the actual light color of the sun that it illuminates everything with ;p

ok so ive found the IVA and EVA suits in KSP and extracted them. but they are .tex files. how do i turn those into images?

If you use unity assets explorer 1.2 you have to check that it converts tex to dds. Which it should do by default ;p

####

Also that blue/red suit is awesome. Download link!

Edited by eRe4s3r

If you use unity assets explorer 1.2 you have to check that it converts tex to dds. Which it should do by default ;p

####

Also that blue/red suit is awesome. Download link!

It says its a dds but when i go to convert it it wont let me :P why is that?

Kerbin2 is the specular and bump...

...What you can not change, is the actual light color of the sun

Thanks for the Kerbin2 info. Shame about the light colour, I fancied on having blue light cast throughout the system. :(

PS, your sunflare is great :)

You need an image editor that can handle DDS, either a plugin equipped Photoshop or Paint.net which can do it natively

yeah i tried paint but it is not a valid file/ it wasnt supported.

EDIT yay thanks polar bear now i have a texture to go off of! :D

Specifically you need this -> https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

Also don't forget that if you convert a dds to use it in the replacer, you need to flip vertically.

If you use it with the "import from DDS" method like I detailed in the sunflare mod, then don't flip it ;P

Thank you :)Here you go

Thanks ;)

This pack offers, or will offer, all planets and moons in a vanilla friendly feel with a small touch of my own added.

With true HD Color- and Normal- maps, I present this pack in both the default 4k and doubled 8k resolution.

Download

Change Log

rev1 -Initial release with Kerbin

Kerbin looks very very good, thank you for posting this!

There is this very nice software called Space Engine - it lets you (apart from many other cool things) export procedurally generated skyboxes and planets textures - are there any SE users here? I cant match exported textures from Space Engine to work with Universe Replacer, they never align properly.