[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

Can you check with the plugin in what sub directory a texture sits? Because then we could put them in directories with numbers so that every pack would just have to be moved into a subfolder

Like so

Textures/kerbals/1/textures

Textures/kerbals/2/textures

Of course, if that doesn't work then it would be getting complicated..

I think we pretty much reached the peak of what can changed, now we just need more options to choose from. Especially stellar backgrounds are missing.. and painting one by hand takes forever ;p

I'll add another post to this quick posting thread then... so is there ANYONE willing to make that Kerbal suit and helmet I asked about earlier?...

I suppose I could try, I'm definatly not the best but as no one else has said anything I'll give it a shot, Send me a PM with all details (main colour, any parts of the suit that sould reamain unchanged etc.) and I'll see what I can do.

Update to v3.2

v3.2 - Added the same kind of variety feature that Heads use to EVA Helmets and EVA Suits. Remember that the process is random so when you design textures, make sure each suit looks fitting to each helmet. EVAHelmet was renamed to EVAHelmet1 and EVASuit to EVASuit1, you will need to update your texture names.

And no, you can't have sets, the matching colors on this picture were random luck :P.

CzhtxLP.jpg

Edited by Tingle

Awesome, but does it randomize every launch or EVA, or how does that work?

Sometimes both, when ever the meshes are loaded. Try it out and see for your self, I'm not exactly sure.

Any chance of a Google Drive link so we can download them individually? The file sizes are getting pretty big, would be nice to be able to pick and choose.

Sorry, I'm sticking with MediaFire.

Very good. Are you going to make Joolpiter or leave Jool as it is (green ball without distinctive features)?

I'll see when I make it, what ever I feel inspired to do.

I only just discovered this thread so I'm a little late to the party but I just wanted to chuck in a huge thank-you to all the people working on the textures and to Tingle for the original mod. Your work, all of you, is simply jaw-dropping! Fantastic job!

Man... I've always seen those pictures of Earth from space, and they were beautiful... but seeing Kerbin the same way, with the starfield and clouds and HD textures is just... breathtaking all its own. Two thumbs up! :)

Wow, this mod just keeps getting better and better. I don't expect the number of people in the pictures thread who ask: "How did you do that?" to drop any time soon.

Out of curiosity is there a texturepack that changes the sun flare to look more realistic?

Please ignore my signature ;) It's just a sun-flare that's more realistic....

Also, this plugin can not replace certain textures, the sun-flare (sadly) being one of them.