[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

Is KSP (and my Mac) crashing because of this mod a bug with the mod or a bug with Unity?

So I try to launch KSP, and it (and subsequently my Mac) freeze when the loading bar reaches the end, and the main menu screen doesn't show up.

Is there a possible fix?

The mod - last time I looked ;) - changes how the planets look from high above, not how they look under a few kilometers altitude, yes?

Would it still be possible to lighten up the color of the Mun ground to be more moon-like (including the orbital view and how it looks like from Kerbin)?

I still think the Kerbals deserve a bright cheese in their night sky! ;)

will it put any virus's on my computer? cause earlier this week i had like 125 of something on my computer that was making anything that involves the internet not work, and it took like an entire day to fix it
The source code is included if you want to check it out yourself. With the number of people who have downloaded this, if there was anything malicious I'm fairly certain we'd know by now.

Celestial Bodies Revamped

This pack offers all planets and moons in a vanilla friendly feel with a small touch of my own added.

With true HD Color- and Normal- maps, I present this pack in both default and doubled resolution.

Download

Celestial Bodies Revamped

Celestial Bodies Revamped HD

(part1, part2)

Change Log

rev1 - Initial release with Kerbin

rev2 - Added Mun, Minmus, Duna and Ike

rev3 - Redid Kerbin, Duna and Mun's normal-map, also recolored Kerbin. Added Moho, Eve, Gilly, Dres, Jool and Eeloo.

rev4 - Retouched many existing bodies and added all of the rest. This is the semi-final release, I might touch up something over time but other than that - this pack is complete.

Mediafire is being mean to me, it won't let me download the HD version. Can you re-upload on Dropbox or something? Spaceport even?

So, I figured out the cause for the massive framerate drops in KSP.My rig specs of note here are:CPU: Phenom II x4 955 @ 4GHzGPU: Palit GTX 670 @ 916/3305 eff.RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX @1666 9-9-9-24. The mods I use (half of the folders are plugins) are: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ge174fytudg8q05/1.png I get a consistent framerate of 21-20 FPS when inside the VAB or SPH with a drop to 17-18 when holding a part(the famous bug of the previous versions of UR).When on the launchpad FPS is still around 20, never exceeding 24, and when in orbit - it is still the same.Now, the framerate drop was present with the realistic skybox, which is 4096p, and with the Dreamscape one too.I first removed all planet textures and reinstalled the latest 4.0 version of the plugin to make sure it is not caused by them and to narrow down the possible reasons.GPU was not getting clocked properly while running KSP so i tweaked it's settings to maintain max clocks, and this is not the issue too.My FPS is steady at 60 without UR, each time I install UR and put ANY textures in it, it starts exibiting the problems described above.

Edited by smunisto

@sumunisto KSP has serious problems with large pretty textures at the moment. Being a 32bit program KSP can only run with a limited amount of memory (something like 3.4gb of ram). Since the game loads all assets into memory on launch large textures eat into this very quickly. Everybody's computers spec's are unfortunately irrelevant to this problem. It gets worse with other mods that use textures. Sorry but your going to have to make a choice between high resolution textures and parts mods. Try removing textures your not likely to care about and/or parts you dont use very often. The trick is to find a balance that allows KSP to run without fps drops or crashes.