[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

Please answer, did anyone actually was able to correctly download files of HD version? I've been tryed it dozens times and always system not recognize files as archives... :(

Can anyone help me?

Also I notice some defect on revamped textures of regular resolution:

I've noticed a few others in this thread mention that there's been a huge FPS drop in version 4.0. I'm finding the same problem in my build, but I'm surprised everyone isn't mentioning it. Maybe it's an issue with running the mod on Linux -- who knows.

I wanted to find out if there's any way the OP or anyone else can release version 3.2 again? I'm just interested in running skybox and Kerbin textures, nothing fancy. 3.2 worked great on my build before, if I remember correctly.

Nova said he planned a retexture for Tylo to make it look like Iapetus. Since I'm impatient and the devs have other priorities, I did it myself:

Damn. That's nice. I can see the Iapetus in it without it veering to far from the look of the game. Are you planning on releasing it?

Is it possible to add city lights with this mod? They would be visible only from orbit like clouds, but also only on the night side of Kerbin. Anyone gave it any thought?

Yeah, I'd been thinking about that a while ago. Though I can't figure out how it would be possible without it being visible during the day as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it is possible though.

I want to make a file the same way you are here, but I'm confused about how you did it. When I open the PNG's in photoshop, I just get a picture of the ocean. I don't see any more layers and I'm fairly confused, because the game uses it just fine as you said, but it doesn't help me when I try to do the same sort of thing for Eve...

-snip-

This is sort of what I have going on for Eve, I'm not really sure if the land mass is correct because I'm basing it off of one of those textures where I can't see all the layers in photoshop. I assume it's right, but I don't have anything capable of landing there right now to check. Seems to look okay in game, but I was gonna launch a mission to Eve first to see how it actually works colorwise and land-wise. If anyone wants it before then, I'll put it up right away though.

Out of curiosity, how's your progress on this? I'm really looking forward to it! And I downloaded the really low res one you posted right there and downloaded it, and it lines up with the terrain, so it's good to go.

I don't understand what the point of this universe replacer is, seeing as it only replaces textures on map / high altitude the ground mass doesn't physically change.

maybe this is something the dev's of mod can work on?

cheers, Ryan.

I don't understand what the point of this universe replacer is, seeing as it only replaces textures on map / high altitude the ground mass doesn't physically change.

maybe this is something the dev's of mod can work on?

cheers, Ryan.

Although pretty graphics are not the point of KSP, they can add to the experience. I would not mind a full on space simulator, so more realistic graphics are a nice touch to increase immersion.

Just wanted to thank Robau for "Swirly Jool", particularly how he handled the storms - to me, the Red Spot is so uniquely Jupiter that seeing it on other gas giants spoils my immersion and/or makes me think that all the creator did was take a stock map or texture for Jupiter, greyscale it, and then tint it some other color. :P His version has a plausibly similar, but clearly not just recolored feature.

BPCfLhY.jpg

Download

I know that some people think that Rareden's HD skybox is a bit too colorful or color-saturated. Additionally, I personally found recognizing distinct astronomical objects to be a bit immersion-breaking. If you like the original HD skybox but want something anonymized and a little more subdued, give this a try :)

Full Changelog:

-Greatly reduced the overall color saturation. Some color is still there, but it's not bright orange-blue

-Removed the Pleiades

-Removed Andromeda

-Removed the Magellanic Clouds

-Removed the Orion constellation and nebula

-Added a bright constellation near the celestial north pole

-Added a distinctive nebula near the south pole

-Cleaned up some overly-bright foreground stars

Distributed with permission :)

Edited by Zeroignite
typesetting