[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

I recently installed this mod without any issues and have been very much enjoying the new IVA suits and atmospheric clouds in my game, but for some reason custom EVA suits and heads don't seem to work at all. Is there a config option I need to change somewhere? I've already listed the new textures in the list, so I don't think that's the problem unless there's a specific way to do it.

Does anyone here do requests for EVA suits? I can get the helmet myself, but can somebody make me an EVA suit and jetpack? Here's a kind of concept-y doodle.

YncsqQx.png

As you can see, I'd basically just like a labcoat like that with LPL (Las Patatas Laboratories) written on it in a few places, and a jetpack with a bunch of tiny buttons and thermometers and science stuff. Also, I couldn't show it on the pic, but if possible, can you make it so that the big red button has "SCIENCE" written on it? Thanks a whole bunch, whoever does this, assuming anyone does!

Hello, I am trying this mod out today and so far it seems great! Though I have a few quick questions(More like 3 topics with multiple questions....) about messing around with it. (Oh BTW, my ability to do art is... no existent... especially electronic art.... so some might seem a bit silly... I apologize if they are)

1. The downloadable textures are not color coded to the water planets, so if I wanted to just paint a water planet a funky color, like change kerbin's water to orange, and ground to pure black, is there a simple way to do that?

2. I noticed that the effects only happen above a certain altitude. If I did just change the color of the planets(see previous question) is there a way to make it permanent irrelevant of height? alluding to the previous example, if I was just coloring the water and terrain, it doesn't effect anything but how it's colored, no change in patterns, looks or anything just filtered into a new color(So it won't cause any issues with changed terrain and mesh misplacement), would it be possible to make it apparent at ground level?

3. What happens if I switch around the textures? Say I put the two Dres textures onto the Mun? will how the textures fit, change the mesh? is the mesh dependent on the terrain textures or completely irrelevant? Does the texture automatically resize itself to fit around the mesh? Does the terrain mesh fit onto one of the textures? Say if I somehow figured out how to make a planet bigger, would these textures still fit or would it cause issues?

Thank you very much for your time for reading, and responding if you do so,

Edited by braininator
I forgot to add water to planets in the first topic

Bumping this thread as another request for Universe Replacer 3.2 -- just a hope that someone still has it.
Does anyone have 3.2 and does it work on mac?

I've got a copy of it, but not sure how to get it to you (or if it is permitted for me to do so).

I want to make sure I handle this properly, as Big Brother has His Unblinking Eye upon me of late. :)

Hahaha, Headhunter. I just finished reading that mess of a thread you got caught up in. That was some entertainment!

I'm not sure the proper way to do it either, though if you think the forum wouldn't appreciate it, do you think it would be allowed if you posted it on the Universe Replacer Subreddit? I've seen several posts from people with FPS issues that could probably benefit from the previous version.

I'm not a Reddit user and not interested in signing up for yet another thing - I just don't like the way it's organized. It seems to be a pile of information and good luck finding what you need. It's like all the downsides of a forum but none of the organization.

But that might be because I'm an old curmudgeon from the days of 300 baud acoustic modems and 4K RAM.

If there's an easy (for an old grog like me) and permissible way I can share the file, please let me know and I'll gladly do so.

Disclaimer

Please do not publicly redistribute the plugin, this thread is for the time being the only legitimate place to acquire it. Also, I would like to remind everybody that it is against the Plugin Posting Rules to distribute the original, non-part KSP assets, if you need them as a reference for creating new textures, you can extract them from the '\KSP_Data\*.assets' files using tools.

If you create a texture pack and wish to share it, please create a "Show Case' post in this thread and link to it though the subreddit /r/KSPTexturePacks/.

I guess this means that this thread is the only place that the plugin can be downloaded from. I just hope Tingle would consider re-releasing 3.2 as "Universe Replacer Lite" when he comes back.

Okay, I've got a custom skybox running, I've got custom planets running, I've got custom EVA, IVA, and jetpacks running, but for some unknown reason I cannot get custom kerbal faces working at all.

I've got 10 custom heads in the Kerbals folder and my kerbals are all entirely the classic vanilla widow's peak fellows.

Okay, I've got a custom skybox running, I've got custom planets running, I've got custom EVA, IVA, and jetpacks running, but for some unknown reason I cannot get custom kerbal faces working at all.

I've got 10 custom heads in the Kerbals folder and my kerbals are all entirely the classic vanilla widow's peak fellows.

there has to be a head1.png. If it starts at 2 it just ignores everything and doesn't work.