[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

Im debating on wether or not I want to download the 8k texture pack for all the planets and moons. Few questions..

How do these textures look from the surface? ( that's one thing I never understood about the planet re-textures. Sure gilly can look like IO, but wont it look like crap from the surface? Seeing is how the texture doesn't line up with any of the topography. )

And.. how detrimental would this be to memory usage?

Im debating on wether or not I want to download the 8k texture pack for all the planets and moons. Few questions..

How do these textures look from the surface? ( that's one thing I never understood about the planet re-textures. Sure gilly can look like IO, but wont it look like crap from the surface? Seeing is how the texture doesn't line up with any of the topography. )

And.. how detrimental would this be to memory usage?

It doesn't change what it looks like from the surface, it only changes how it looks from spaaaceee!

EnKkfJ6.jpg
Javascript is disabled. View full album

Pack planets and moons 8K - v0.1

What is the difference between default texture and 8K?

4NUWtit.jpg

All planets are in 8K (8192 pixels) except Eve and Mun. I would add in version 0.2 alpha chanel (oceans are prettiest ) for Kerbin, Eve, Laythe.

In this pack you have two version of Kerbin. With clouds and without

If you don't like a planet or moon just delete the png texture

Mega

Part 1 : OK

Part 2 : Ok

Extract the two files in GameData

Part 1 = Moon

Part 2 = Planets

Google Drive : (thank to ActuallyTheOtherGuy )

Download planet/moon you want

Link

Performance optimization

Basically

- Delete the planets or moons that you don't think they improve the graphism

- For example, keep Duna, Kerbin, Jool, Laythe and delete other if you want

- If you use texture without clouds, erase the one with clouds (just erase texture variants you don't use)

Big Thank to eRe4s3r for the clouds, to saik0 ( www.kerbalmaps.com ) for the maps and to Tingle for the mod

dude none of the links work, really disappointed. Why did you make something as good as that and just delete it?

Edited by iDan122

They work for me, I just downloaded them :P I do believe it's on your end

Hmmm, you're right, tried loading it on my iPad at it works, I'll try again on my laptop.

Edited by iDan122
Apparently Google Chrome was the problem

Guys why does spacex's 8k textures that i am using not showing clouds?

EDIT: I edited the .cfg file since there are 2 textures for Kerbin- one without clouds and one with, one called kerbin1 and kerbin1111. In the .cfg It was kerbin1 and kerbin2 so I renamed kerbin2 to Kerbin1111, but the clouds are barely visible and are very ugly, it's like Kerbin became a mirror in places, it looks a bit as if it is covered with reflective metal. How to fix this? I saw beautiful kerbins with cool clouds.

Edited by iDan122

That is looking pretty awesome, although I am still internally debating whether Kerbals should have (facial) hair. They look pretty neat with it, but it also makes them more humans that are not humans instead of a proud seperate species.

Can someone tell me why all the textures seem to replace just fine (skybox, planets, etc.) but the heads don't? I cannot get anything but the default heads to load, and I have no idea what I'm missing. All the files are in the proper directory, and the head names in the txt file.

Wasn't really happy with any of the Duna Textures I saw here. If anyone's interested these are the ones I threw together. Three in the folder right now are:

1. Original Mars texture, with clouds and with accurate-to-ksp icecaps

2. Truer to original KSP texture with clouds, just more detail

3. Same as above without clouds

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/2efedc200f/

^Just pick the one you want and rename it Duna1.png That should be obvious.

Previews:

http://imageshack.us/a/img513/3729/qpqn.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img546/97/xqpm.jpg

Only problem with clouds on Duna are the massive canyons that make them look funky in places.

http://imageshack.us/a/img513/9834/jt9i.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img30/3341/twk.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img835/4016/t0mr.jpg

If anyone needs the mars texture without the clouds PM me and I'll relayer my original and post it here

Going to try EVE next. All the textures for it right now could be improved on...

Any chance we could get a re-upload of these textures? I really like your work. Also curious if you ever got around to texturing any of the other planets/moons?

edit: solidfiles seems to be up again, but i'd still love to see anything else you've done

Edited by Franklin

Can someone tell me why all the textures seem to replace just fine (skybox, planets, etc.) but the heads don't? I cannot get anything but the default heads to load, and I have no idea what I'm missing. All the files are in the proper directory, and the head names in the txt file.

Do you have a Head1? I had the same issue and it was fixed by renaming one of my head textures to Head1 (and renaming the others accordingly).

I love this mod, it's great. So I decided to create some heads for it.
Javascript is disabled. View full album

You can download the ZIP-File here

Hope, you like them. (Delete the ones, you don't want.)

I absolutely love these textures. They so make me wish there was coding in the game for female and male Kerbals.

The only problem I have with these is that every time I load a ship Jeb looks different :)

...How do I, um...get it to work?

I put the UniverseReplacer in the GameData folder, downloaded the Jool and Eve cloud textures and spacex34's Planets and Moons (just the Kerbin textures), put them in their respective folders, and loaded up the game. Didn't see anything.