[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

Link to Sido's texture is dead. ;.; I wanted this texture so badly, it looks beautiful. If there's another way to get these, could someone edit the original post so I don't have to dig through over 1,000 more pages?

Edited by burkinator
clarification

I meant this:

Hi !

I'm french so excuse my pity english.

I'm from a french forum and they convinced me to post my texture creation, they are all from existing celestial bodies.

Here we go :

DRES :

FyP4Ihhl.jpg

GILLY (oui le petit point sur la deuxième image c'est bien gilly):

rc4KOVcl.jpguCJuENOl.jpg

IKE (j'ai réutilisé la texture map de phobos)

0kXLtMNl.jpgKUq3xU0l.png

JOOL (la deuxième image montre jool, laythe et tylo):

ABnp3NAl.jpgY2zu2tPl.jpg

TYLO (texture map modifié de IO)

MvzIadZl.jpg

VALL :

CIXGKknl.jpg

POL :

a2fg8Xnl.jpg

the dropbox link :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc6knsore0k0lgj/UniverseReplacer.zip

Bonne soirée :D

Link to dropbox is dead. Any other way I can get these?

It's weird I get drops in Frame rates with this mod. If I just install it in with no textures in the folders, it drops in frame rate. I don't use large amounts of textures with mod anyways. Just seems like the plugin slows down my system, like KSP doesn't like it. I even get improvements in VAB without the mod in. Anyone else had this same thing?

Link to Sido's texture is dead. ;.; I wanted this texture so badly, it looks beautiful. If there's another way to get these, could someone edit the original post so I don't have to dig through over 1,000 more pages?

I got his pack, let me upload it for you. It's my favorite, low size that loads fast.

http://www./download/t5u1m0u3rn55e4c/Sido's_Texture_Pack_-_Planets_%26_Moons.zip

It's weird I get drops in Frame rates with this mod. If I just install it in with no textures in the folders, it drops in frame rate. I don't use large amounts of textures with mod anyways. Just seems like the plugin slows down my system, like KSP doesn't like it. I even get improvements in VAB without the mod in. Anyone else had this same thing?

I also experience this issue. I'm not sure what's causing it or what a solution might be, though :(.

Yeah I use to do same, get a mod and use it, something would happen. I would take it off for some reason and come back to it, to only find out it's gone. I tend now to keep stuff even if I don't need it. Just for the fact some people leave the mods, very good mods, and it gets lost fovever. I don't want that to happen to some mods.

Woohoo, you're a hero. I've been searching for this too, even went so far as to message Scott Manley but he didn't have it anymore. Thanks!

I don't know either. I went through all my mods, took out one at time and put them back. I like this mod a lot. The only thing I haven't turned off is terrain scatter. I think I might help some, but not much.

I also experience this issue. I'm not sure what's causing it or what a solution might be, though :(.

@DresCrogggrin, are you using MechJeb is so, which verson. Try taking MJ out and see if you get better frames. I just took MJ out too as with UR to track it down, and I got 10 FPS back, just from taking MJ out. I am using newiest one. 2.1 dev build 102

I don't know either. I went through all my mods, took out one at time and put them back. I like this mod a lot. The only thing I haven't turned off is terrain scatter. I think I might help some, but not much.

@DresCrogggrin, are you using MechJeb is so, which verson. Try taking MJ out and see if you get better frames. I just took MJ out too as with UR to track it down, and I got 10 FPS back, just from taking MJ out. I am using newiest one. 2.1 dev build 102

I just tested this, and I still get framerate drops with MJ removed (I had been using 2.0.9). That being said, I tried it on a pure stock install (sans Universe Replacer), and it worked just fine. So it must be one of the other plethora of mods I'm using that UR doesn't play nice with :).

There might be another mod you are using that I don't have, that is taking framerates. So now my choice is MJ or UR? lol. I guess I will keep MJ.

I just tested this, and I still get framerate drops with MJ removed (I had been using 2.0.9). That being said, I tried it on a pure stock install (sans Universe Replacer), and it worked just fine. So it must be one of the other plethora of mods I'm using that UR doesn't play nice with :).

Celestial Bodies Revamped

This pack offers all planets and moons in a vanilla friendly feel with a small touch of my own added.

With true HD Color- and Normal- maps, I present this pack in both default and doubled resolution.

Download

Celestial Bodies Revamped

Celestial Bodies Revamped HD part1

Celestial Bodies Revamped HD part2

Change Log

rev1 - Initial release with Kerbin

rev2 - Added Mun, Minmus, Duna and Ike

rev3 - Redid Kerbin, Duna and Mun's normal-map, also recolored Kerbin. Added Moho, Eve, Gilly, Dres, Jool and Eeloo.

rev4 - Retouched many existing bodies and added all of the rest. This is the semi-final release, I might touch up something over time but other than that - this pack is complete.

Ok, my game crashes on loading of your HD version, after taking ~30s per image, I think due to RAM shortage, although I have 8GB of it :o

once KSP upgrades to 64-bit, how much RAM usage will it be allowed?

I believe the limit is somewhere around...8 TB, I think.

So probably not much of a limit to worry about unless the year is 2040 and one tries to install every mod for KSP ever made. :P

once KSP upgrades to 64-bit, how much RAM usage will it be allowed?

32 extra bits equals about 4 million times as much potential address space, if I'm figuring correctly - But the operating system itself then becomes the limitation. The maximum you can use on a Windows 7 rig is 192 GB, and 512GB on Windows 8.

Hello,

I've been playing around and having a lot of fun with KSP. It's amazing! And this mod opens a whole new world to modding.

However, my Photoshop skills are minimal and I can't find if anyone has made a Sokol suit at all.

A Sokol/Orlan hybrid would be awesome too! But I'm wondering, has anyone made one like it?

gravity-movie-mission-patches.jpg?1380639667large.pngcuaronbullockclooneygravity.jpg?w=560&h=373jurek-dwsokol01.jpg

And a video

Hi, I saw this mod, and I'm not really a mod guy. I like the vanilla game and I think adding parts is (kind of) cheating. Until I found texture mod.

I was looking exactly for this kind of thing, since the only thing I'd love to change are the textures. Saw these textures made by Sido, the french guy, but saw the link to it was dead...

So I searched a little on the web, and found the website where he found those textures, they're real planets textures. Then I thought "as I can't find it anywhere, I'll just have to do it myself." So I did.

I took a lot from what was already done, mixed it a little, changed the logo on EVA suits to put mine instead (Klakh Nasa logo ---> 33x33 pixel for those who wanna replace it).

I remodeled a lot of moons with some real planets textures, and I'm really happy of the result.

Here are the links, for the lazy :

8k pixels Pack (450Mo - Big)

4k pixels Pack (247Mo - Medium Big)

2k pixels Pack (82Mo - Medium Small, I would say best if you have lots of mods.)

1k pixels Pack (30Mo - Small)

INSTALLATION :

Just place the UniverseReplacer folder inside of GameData folder. The textures are already in. Just modify the .png if you want to change the textures. (if you don't want my logo ("Klakh Nasa") on the EVA suits, or the "Billy Nasa" logo for the 1k pack, just delete em, or change to some others with a photo editor (you can find a lot from other people here too : http://se.reddit.com/r/KSPTexturePacks). I've done 4096, 2048, and 1024k versions now. You might want to downgrade if you have a heavy load of modules (remember KSP ==> +4Go RAM = crash... For now.)

Oh and I've put in a screenshot of where you should click for the download (at the end of the imgur album)

The detail of what I've done would be long and I didn't note which planet I put where.

I can only say that I used the following planets pictures : Europa (Eeloo I think), Io (Pol), Tethys, Mimas (Tylo), Venus (Eve's atmosphere), Enceladus (Moho), Iapetus (used for Minmus), Mercury, The Moon (Mun), and Rhea.

So here are the screens. I put the two different login screens so you can see EVA suits and the Universe behind.

Edited by Klakh
Adding 4096, 2048, and 1024 versions and tuto for the download.