[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

I want to make a file the same way you are here, but I'm confused about how you did it. When I open the PNG's in photoshop, I just get a picture of the ocean. I don't see any more layers and I'm fairly confused, because the game uses it just fine as you said, but it doesn't help me when I try to do the same sort of thing for Eve...

4oi7.jpg

This is sort of what I have going on for Eve, I'm not really sure if the land mass is correct because I'm basing it off of one of those textures where I can't see all the layers in photoshop. I assume it's right, but I don't have anything capable of landing there right now to check. Seems to look okay in game, but I was gonna launch a mission to Eve first to see how it actually works colorwise and land-wise. If anyone wants it before then, I'll put it up right away though.

Hi, i'm just wondering, can I create a wallpaper with that Eve texture?

I want to make a file the same way you are here, but I'm confused about how you did it. When I open the PNG's in photoshop, I just get a picture of the ocean. I don't see any more layers and I'm fairly confused, because the game uses it just fine as you said, but it doesn't help me when I try to do the same sort of thing for Eve...

4oi7.jpg

This is sort of what I have going on for Eve, I'm not really sure if the land mass is correct because I'm basing it off of one of those textures where I can't see all the layers in photoshop. I assume it's right, but I don't have anything capable of landing there right now to check. Seems to look okay in game, but I was gonna launch a mission to Eve first to see how it actually works colorwise and land-wise. If anyone wants it before then, I'll put it up right away though.

Hey I don't suppose you have a version of that Eve Texture without the clouds, do you? Cause with rbray89(I think that's his name)'s clouds pack the clouds can be modeled as more than just a texture from space, and are actual floating layers visible from the ground. I really like this rendition of Eve though.

I love the flare you made and decided to try my hand at making one as well since I wanted to have some rays coming off of it and missed the lens artifacts. Here are some pics of the one I made and links to my dds files.

http://www./download/nrkboabvw98xabc/sun_flare.tex%20Yellow.zip

http://www./download/2qf2dq5pp02ng47/sun_flare.tex%20White.zip

qoHsCZMh.png

LiZ3JKVh.png

T4FpMngh.png

ATC2MaHh.png

8MqPKABh.png

HGXWKWU.png

I also made a version that has less color so it looks a little more realistic.

ywG0n3dh.png

qsWNIzCh.png

Edited by erona
Added links

I love the flare you made and decided to try my hand at making one as well since I wanted to have some rays coming off of it and missed the lens artifacts. Here are some pics of the one I made and links to my dds files.

That's just awesome. How do I install it?

Well, technically, Sol is a main sequence yellow star, so realistically it works either way.

Most of it is going to depend the viewer's interpretation of "real" in the first place. Is it based solely on personal observation (which would be a notch for the white fans), or is it based on scientific facts that categorize its color as yellow?

And to that point, how can anybody talk about realism when the discussion surrounds a fictional star that's too small to even exist in the real universe anyway?

Okay, okay, I admit it: I'm just nit-picking for the sake of discussion. For my part, I think modifications look great, no matter what color they are!

Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if there's a way to change the ambient light color on individual worlds. Sure, Kerbin is earth-like, so the light is white. But what about Laythe or Eve? It might be interesting if other planets with atmospheres also had a slightly different spectrum of visible light within.

Do you guys know where can I get a texture for Mun, just so it shows the real craters on the surface from far away? It feels kinda weird when you fly over a spot and it looks perfectly flat, but when coming in for a landing over it, you realise it's a bunch of tiny and edgy craters.

That looks fantastic, how do you install it?

There needs a central and organized list of texture packs for this mod, the reddit thing for it just turns me off to using this mod. So many are old and are confusing to find what you actually want.

I agree there should be a clean link on the original post to the main texture packs. IMO there's three or four "main" packs worth checking out.

I have a set of textures I'm using, which you can see on the subreddit, but I keep changing/tweaking them.

Also, anyone having a problem with Tylo loading since the new update? I can't seem to get the texture for it to load no matter what I do. Tried different file formats, replacing the texture with the Mun texture, reinstalling Universe Replacer, reinstalling KSP, etc. I can't tell what the problem is.

I agree there should be a clean link on the original post to the main texture packs. IMO there's three or four "main" packs worth checking out.

I've dealt with this before so I know what I'm talking about: The *LAST* thing the maker of this mod needs is to appear to show favoritism to one texture pack or another. It opens a can of unending nightmare worms.

Reddit won't give you cancer. You can survive visiting it for the purposes of checking out a few textures for this mod.

Glad to see you tackling this as well ;) What I made in that first attempt was essentially just to make it smooth and clean (Sci-fi style). Glad you took the time to make more versions and the yellow one does look very good in game.

Though the steps to get a sunflare into the game haven't gotten any easier ;) If someone can put it in nicer words... be my guest. I am pretty bad at explaining stuff.