[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

Finally, now we can have some variety in our Kerbal EVA suits!

Now I can have my Commander, Field Scientist and Flight engineer all at once! It's like Kirk, Scotty and Spock!

Z0XZC7c.jpg

I really hope stuff like this will make it to the vanilla :)

Is there a way to make stock and custom suits coexist, even randomly? I want to install one of the cyan ones, but I'd like to keep the default white one too as it is the most realistic in my mind. If it was random it would be OK to me, but if it can be like in Leverlord's screenshot, then it's even better: only one Kerbal would have the blue suit, the first to go EVA. Let's say he's the commander. How to achieve it Leverlord please?

It would be cool to link names to the colour of the suits... For a long time it's been hard to figure out who is who on EVA's. The vets should have had orange suits on EVA.

One thing that Apollo did was have the commander with the red stripe. At least we can do that now.

Any chance of getting this to play nice with EVA Followers Tingle?

I don't know what the issue is with EVA Followers, but it might be that KSPAddon bug, I added a fix for it into Universe Replacer and Kethane added a fix, which is why they are compatible - so its up to EVA Follower to bring compatibility to other mods. Or wait until the devs fix the class.

I don't know what the issue is with EVA Followers, but it might be that KSPAddon bug, I added a fix for it into Universe Replacer and Kethane added a fix, which is why they are compatible - so its up to EVA Follower to bring compatibility to other mods. Or wait until the devs fix the class.

I'll shoot a question into the EVA Followers thread then, see if they can add the compatibility :)

This seems like the right place to ask this question... I would like to put the ocean/water texture on the bottom of water's surface. Right now when you are underwater (such as in one of my beta submarines) you look up and see straight out into the sky. Can this be fixed?

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere. :)

For now at least that's not possible. The water doesn't have a texture at the bottom because it is literally not rendered when seen from below. This is something only squad can change. The reason is that the surface of the water is 1 sided. Meaning, the normals point outwards and there is no second set of normals pointing inwards. (This would double render cost though)

** Also I am not sure it would work the way the water is implemented. Since the water is round like the planet, you'd essentially see through the water surface the water bottom at a certain distance (this is why most games with water and realistic scale cut the water rendering off at 16km distance) It would flicker like hell otherwise ;P

Edited by eRe4s3r

For now at least that's not possible. The water doesn't have a texture at the bottom because it is literally not rendered when seen from below. This is something only squad can change. The reason is that the surface of the water is 1 sided. Meaning, the normals point outwards and there is no second set of normals pointing inwards. (This would double render cost though)

Would it be possible to add normals to the bottom for my mod, or just flip them while the camera is underwater?

Maybe something like this would work, if we could identify the mesh of the ocean:

http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php/ReverseNormals

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/330025/flip-normals-unity-lightwave-spheres.html

This seems like the right place to ask this question... I would like to put the ocean/water texture on the bottom of water's surface. Right now when you are underwater (such as in one of my beta submarines) you look up and see straight out into the sky. Can this be fixed?

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere. :)

What ?

Where can I find your beta submarines mod ?