[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

'I' don't have to post them on reddit, I'm welcoming all of you to do so - that's the reason I created it so I don't have to take care of the texture pack management anymore ^^.

Now I can't find the Sol system texture pack. It's not there!

I feel as if I have done something wrong. I edited the PNG file that came from the DDS file which was a tex from sharedassets0. I placed it in the Kerbals folder of the Universereplacer folder in the Gamedata section. The PNG is called EVAHelmet1 in accordance with the texture list file in the addon. I loaded up the game, and I still have the vanilla helmet texture. What do?

Edited by Pyromaniacal

Could you make a blue version of the red suit that you made, eRe4s3r? As in a dark blue, perhaps? Or, could you teach me how to do it?

Yep.. added to the post here (3rd entry)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44135-0-21-x-Universe-Replacer-v3-2?p=587716&viewfull=1#post587716

If you want to modify these files, you need superPNG + Adobe Photoshop CS5 or thereabouts. Or GIMP.

All my files are under a complete "don't care what you do with it" license. Just for the record.

Yep.. added to the post here (3rd entry)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/44135-0-21-x-Universe-Replacer-v3-2?p=587716&viewfull=1#post587716

If you want to modify these files, you need superPNG + Adobe Photoshop CS5 or thereabouts. Or GIMP.

All my files are under a complete "don't care what you do with it" license. Just for the record.

This is awesome, thank you so much.

I got it to work!! Freaking GIMP... I'll learn your secrets someday...

New skybox is pretty!

screenshot0_zps985ba80c.png

Bob in his snazzy new spacesuit!!

screenshot2_zps6cb25815.png

I swiped the suit from Levelord and modified it, follow the link for teh creditz!!!

Experimenting with textures further I made some crappy and simple Mass-Effect-esque color scheme for the EVA suits.

snip

Here's a download if you kinda like them I suppose O_o Black EVA suit

When we add a kerbal texture do we need helmet + suit or can we only make a helmet texture?

If someone already made a suit you like there is nothing wrong with only making a fitting helmet... they can and should be interchanged, and with random kerbals it makes it more fun to not know every single texture that is in rotation ;)

Okay dokes. Thank you. Well then I am having problems with my helmet texture not being in game. :(

Just grab some of the ones other people made to see how they did it ;) Maybe you just spelled the texture name incorrectly, texture names are case sensitive and the texturelist.txt tells you how they have to be.

Ie, for helmets to show up, you have to actually name it EVAHelmet1 |EVAHelmet2 etc...

Just grab some of the ones other people made to see how they did it ;) Maybe you just spelled the texture name incorrectly, texture names are case sensitive and the texturelist.txt tells you how they have to be.

Ie, for helmets to show up, you have to actually name it EVAHelmet1 |EVAHelmet2 etc...

Also don't forget, the texture path is case sensitive. That's from my experience at least.

Also, if you are running other mods like Kerbal Followers, they conflict with this mod and cause the textures to not show up. The only other mod that I know that has previously conflicted and then fixed the issue, was Kethane.

Can someone help me? I'm trying to install the kerbal textures but they show up as vanilla ones in game am i doing something wrong?

Do you have the newest version of Universe Replacer? I dun goofed and did that yesterday.