[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

Celestial bodies by Tingle

Couldn't get files to open... was in odd format... after trying to download Part 2 of HD pack, my computer froze and then I got spammed with 3 windows of advertisements.... Never had that happen before, and the part 2 file was extremely small to the point of being seemingly useless. Not sure what is up with all that, but I would be cautious with this till author fixes problems.

Edited by Captiva

MediaFire will only allow me to upload up to 200mb files, that's why I had to split it into more than one file - both are required. Normaly, like with 7zip or Winrar, all you have to do is extract the 001 part, and it will automatically extract both to become one 'extracted'-file.

Edited by Tingle

7z is an archive format... you have to UNPACK IT ;) With.. 7zip or WinRAR .

And speaking of formats... if someone packs file in xxx.001 xxx.002 you have to rightlick on 001 and hit extract here or extract..., or open the file over 7zips / winrars file browser. Nothing will happen if you don't unpack a rared/zipped archive

Edited by eRe4s3r

7z is an archive format... you have to UNPACK IT ;) With.. 7zip or WinRAR .

OH, *facepalm* I'm really slow... thanks! :)

Btw, I would actually enjoy some feedback on my textures :<, would like to know what you guys like/dislike

Now that I've figured out how to get everything to work, I'm in love with your textures! Jool is my favourite, and I love how the texture remains visible when really low in Jool's atmosphere. :) The only thing I don't like so much is the Eeloo texture. It's not bad, it's just that I don't notice much of a change. But, maybe that's just me. :P

Now that I've figured out how to get everything to work, I'm in love with your textures! Jool is my favourite, and I love how the texture remains visible when really low in Jool's atmosphere. :) The only thing I don't like so much is the Eeloo texture. It's not bad, it's just that I don't notice much of a change. But, maybe that's just me. :P

Yeah, it's sometimes hard to tell what I did on them, normally on ones that are already of good quality, but even if you don't see an immediate difference, they are all "higher definition" when you get closer to them due to sharper and/or bigger textures. As far as Eeloo goes, if you look at the gallery, you can see the difference in between vanilla and revamped.

I like them as well. Makes the space to ground transitions less jarring with minimal ram impact... although the ground itself is now a real eye-sore. ;p Although from what I saw it doesn't seem possible to replace the ground textures with higher res ones.. least my attempts failed (not over the plugin, editing the files directly)

Your textures are quite lovely. I'm just waiting for them all to be done so I can stick clouds on them (for personal use of course)

I think that will look weird :P, my shadows are not on the color maps - I created proper normal maps, so when you put clouds on them, the ground shadows will be rendered on top of them :o.

Still have Laythe, Vall, Tylo, Bop and Pol to do.

Edited by Tingle

I think that will look weird :P, my shadows are not on the color maps - I created proper normal maps, so when you put clouds on them, the ground shadows will be rendered on top of them :o.

Still have Laythe, Vall, Tylo, Bop and Pol to do.

Well I guess that complicates things. But I'm sure i could find some way around it, even if it's a little lower quality.

But even if it's impossible it's no matter. There are always those other planets without atmospheres.

I'm not saying it's not possible, you can draw pink bunnies all over the place if you wanted to, I'm just saying that the shadows will be generated on top of the color map. If you don't want that, you would have to put the shadows onto the color map, the clouds over that and then remove the normal map - basically like you have in the past.

Apparently when you edit the Kerbal face you have to rotate the image that comes out of the tex file. I am giving them facial hair and tattoos. I started with the Werner guy template because I found that first, but his moustache became a unibrow and he has a hipster beard and is balding. I am keeping him.

tARbDMg.jpg

Apparently when you edit the Kerbal face you have to rotate the image that comes out of the tex file. I am giving them facial hair and tattoos. I started with the Werner guy template because I found that first, but his moustache became a unibrow and he has a hipster beard and is balding. I am keeping him.

tARbDMg.jpg

And he's not even mad.

I made a EVA suit but I am having troubles getting it to appear properly in my game. I tried to use the SuperPNG plugin in my copy of photoshop, but can't get it to work. I keep getting error messages now when I go to open my files. Anyways, can anyone tell me an easy way to save these PNGs properly so I can get them into my game? Or maybe someone can do it for me?

Send me a PM, would be greatly appreciated!

I wouldn't want to distribute Tingle's work. But hey, if Tingle is fine with it and they turn out nicely I probably will.

I'd be ok with you only distributing the changed ones that have clouds on them with a link to the original texture pack for credit and indicator of where the rest is near the download.

Also, just finished Laythe - I'm actually surprised I managed to make Laythe look somewhat better o.o,

Laythe Vanilla, Laythe Revamped

59v5Jnw.jpg

Edited by Tingle

i think it would look better smooth but with clouds

Sorry, I'm not adding clouds - my texture pack is to improve the existing things, not add something new :/, but in future the devs will add clouds I think.

What about this Kerbin I just worked, I thought it might be fitting: http://i.imgur.com/9of5Sbx.jpg ?

I might want to add these water effects are on the normal map, not the color - so they are dynamic and dependent on light/shadow.

Edited by Tingle