[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

So which part of what you described made you think it is NOT a mod?

Everything that changes something from vanilla into something else is considered a mod.

If it was not a mod it would be a stock feature, implemented by Squad.

That being said - I will try 3.2 and see if it has a memory leak like 4.0.

This is just what i needed! ands its technically not a mod right?

It is not a mod in that it does not change gamplay. It is not a mod in the sense that you get parts that can do things stock parts can not. It is not a mod if you talk about making things easier for yourself. It is purely graphical, but since you change things, in the strictest sense it is a mod.

But why would you care? It should not be an issue, unless you are competing with people and have a strict no mods whatsoever period rule. If you do not like mods because they make life easy you can still use this one.

That mods make life easy is also a weird notion, as stuff like Lifesupport, FAR, Deadly reentry et cetera make life a lot, lot harder.

The texture pack should consist of different images, they each need to go into their corresponding folder under Gamedata\UniverseReplacer\Textures. If you extracted both Universe Replacer and the texture pack into the root KSP directory, then neither of them will do anything.

Wow.. How did this mod page get no more posts?

It's because the market is saturated. Everyone who can spare the memory has this mod by now and the mod is pretty much perfected with enough textures to please everyone. So there is nothing left to say.

It's because the market is saturated. Everyone who can spare the memory has this mod by now and the mod is pretty much perfected with enough textures to please everyone. So there is nothing left to say.

Speak for yourself, I'm still stuck waiting for that guy's super cool Eve texture. ;.;

4oi7.jpg

What are the best texture packs to use? I know of, and looked at, /r/KSPtexturepacks, but the only really high-quality one there is the 8k pack, but from what I read, it isn't really complete. So, what packs do people recommend?

It doesn't need updating, It works fine.

A change of numbers in the title would help though.

Actually while small, I noticed a difference in the shader in .22 that caused my planetary cloud skins to wash off until the sun rose or changed angle. Otherwise everything seems to be working fine.

Anyone know what would cause this?

Windows 7

Steam

UniverseReplacer 4.0

sDKv1Jk.png

Whoops, I guess the .png file was corrupt. I extracted the .rar file again, replaced the corrupt file with the new one and it fixed the problem.