Would anyone be interested in a website that randomly generates missions for you?

Egon

I've been mulling over an idea in my head for a while now about making a website that can generate missions for you to conduct if you're bored or don't know what to do next.

It would have a complexity option that increases the difficulty the higher set it is. For example if it's very low it would probably just generate something like "Build a single stage rocket and get it into orbit around Kerbin." If it's set a bit harder then maybe "Build a two stage rocket and into a 100k orbit around Kerbin." Mid way could be "Build a rocket/lander, get into Kerbin orbit, get into orbit around Mun, and then land it on Mun" or "Launch two rockets with docking ports, get them both into orbit around Kerbin then dock both ships together."

Along with the complexity option there would be other options to let you get more specific mission types such as Lander missions, Orbiting missions, Weight or Cost limits, Collecting data, etc.

Maybe even a suicidal option like "Leave the Kerbol System" or "Visit Kerbol's core to take it's temperature."

You get the concept.

Would anyone find it fun or useful? I know they are working on a career mode but I'm not sure what all that includes though.

Thanks for the welcome, J0hn!

I think I'll spend a few days and see what I can put together for you guys. Then everyone could tell me what you like or don't like about it.

You know, to take it a slight be further....

That would be a great idea if it were integrated with a mod.

Unfortunately I haven't looked into modding at all. Maybe sometime in the future I'll become curious and figure it out.

There is a mod floating around called MissionController (though I think it was last updated for 0.20, but it may still work in 0.21) that had some of the framework for this. You should take a look at it. Plus it was made so that missions were loaded in from external files. I see no reason why this couldn't be made so that you can press a button and it will generate a random mission for you. It even had some basic stuff for random missions, where it would pick a random Kerbin orbit and make you send a probe there.

It would need to track your progress, and I would suggest allowing it to generate forum sigs automatically.

Would be really cool if it came with a mod that would auto update the website when you accomplished the goal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.