[0.23+] Escepadie Systems (Stockalike Telescopic dual suspension Legs)

Adie123

nice,but can you reduce the texture size at least 512x512p ?

Why, is the part lagging for you?

Edit: i can do better than that infact. I can half its size and make it TGA and that knocks it down to 2.7meg if you like?..plus tga holds much more detail than mbm.

Edited by Adie123

Whats everyones view of being able to see the surface (that the foot is standing on) inside the feet?.... As im wondering if its worth seeing if i can cancel out the surface with a shader trick (if its possible).

As shown

in a kerbal helmet test i did. Edited by Adie123

Whats everyones view of being able to see the surface (that the foot is standing on) inside the feet?.... As im wondering if its worth seeing if i can cancel out the surface with a shader trick (if its possible).

As shown

in a kerbal helmet test i did.

Sorry for the late response, been having to much fun using your legs :)

mVlcQ74.png

I think the fix would be great, as you can see I have the problem on my craft with your legs. Not that they don't look great (Thank you! They DO look great) but getting rid of the surface in the landing pad would make them look even better :)

Thanks

I have a question on the r-click options and the action groups in the VAB/SPH.

vVmFejE.png

vKhaveq.png

After some experimentation I believe the first "Raise Legs" actually removes the spring and makes the legs fully extend and the second "Raise Legs" does raise or lower them. Just wondering it you could clarify.

Thanks

Sorry for the late response, been having to much fun using your legs :)

I think the fix would be great, as you can see I have the problem on my craft with your legs. Not that they don't look great (Thank you! They DO look great) but getting rid of the surface in the landing pad would make them look even better :)

Thanks

Ok, i will have a look and see if its possible to hide surface inside the feet this week sometime. I hope its not too dissimilar to hidding water with a shader. It only needed one person requesting/requiring the change for me to see if it was worthwhile doing. Thx for your response :)

I have a question on the r-click options and the action groups in the VAB/SPH.

After some experimentation I believe the first "Raise Legs" actually removes the spring and makes the legs fully extend and the second "Raise Legs" does raise or lower them. Just wondering it you could clarify.

Thanks

This is incorrect. Both need to be raised for the legs to actually raise. So it doesnt matter which one you choose to raise first or last.

The difference betwen them, is that one will turn off the lower suspension and the other will turn off the upper suspension, but neither will work properly without the other. So they MUST both be raised or lowered together for the legs to work properly. Its something that i dont have control over as i dont do code and can only use what is given to me through stock code modules, which are called within the cfg file.

So when you add the legs to action groups, make sure you have the same commands together for both suspensions on the leg. Although im not sure as to why they need to go on action groups, as pressing 'G' is for toggling gear/legs.

• 1 month later...
Just wondering if you had any luck on hiding the surface inside the feet? Also just want to bump this awesome part a bit :)

Thanks,

Sean

No sean. Unfortunatly only the water can be hidden by the use of transparent object texturing. Sorry for not informing you earlier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Many thanks, Absolute Human.  I finally downloaded these and got them working in 1.05.  I don't know if this is still true, but at the time I had looked through every modded landing leg I could find-- these landing legs had the largest expanded to collapsed size ratio.  

I particular, I needed something like this for the netherdyne mass driver mod part, which is huge, and if you resize it to fit mk3 parts, is even huger.  

I wonder if Adie123 would repost them on Curse, or allow one of us to do so?

Adie what is the license for these things?  Can we repost them for download?

Edited by dunebugmi
small correction

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.