tracking station : craft names and transitions

I`d like to suggest a larger, or resizable area for craft names in the tracking view. For example, my craft "Apollo two stage lander" splits up into a lander, a station and four probes. Currently all I see is "Apollo two stage lande" repeated down the list of craft for every combination. What I would like to do is grab the right hand side of that list and expand it so I can tell if my craft is a lander, probe, or station without having to go to the craft and then back to the tracking station or having to resort to names like x1-A, x1-B etc so when a suffix is added I can read it.

Which brings me to my second suggestion, I`d like to be able to go from tracking station to craft and then back again. Currently I have to go to the space centre and then to the tracking station, an unneccesary step in my view. Also I am unable to rename a rover or any craft without a pod/probe core, being able to do that in the tracking view would be VERY handy. I`d like to be able to easily find which craft in my huge list of craft are the ones I wish to `terminate`, being the ones without crew, from the large list of names all the same that I cannot change, or see properly, or easily examine the craft to identify it.

Anyone else got any views on this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.