How to improve FPS

Since .21 and the new terrain for Kerbin I always have very low FPS if I look at Kerbin while launching, in atmosphere or even in Kerbin's SOI.

I know I'm not giving much information but I don't have a lot to give I just need some help with this because it is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance guys

Since .21 and the new terrain for Kerbin I always have very low FPS if I look at Kerbin while launching, in atmosphere or even in Kerbin's SOI.

Set your terrain detail to Low. Helps my FPS at least, but does introduce some twitchy surfaces and graphical glitches. Generally not bad enough compared to the gain in FPS though.

Go into the settings.cfg file and scroll down to where the planets are and find the ones with oceans, change the maxquality setting to 1. No need to touch the distance personally but you may find reducing the figures could also get more FPS if you need it. Kerbin's Oceans will be the main one to bring your fps up unless you have missions on Laythe and Eve too.

Also how many pieces does your craft use? You may just be maxing out your processor with physics calculations

As too my part count it was only 14 pieces that were in orbit... 30 when launched... And in the cfg file I will have a look at that momentarily if I recall you can change the max sub division for kerbins oceans to really help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.