The Modded Craft Repository [v0.23]

botpack2_banner.jpg

Supersonic Labs is proud to announce the immediate release of SSL Bot Pack II, our newest collection of innovative unmanned mission platforms.

The Cicada SAT-IV common satellite platform now sports a dramatically slimmer enclosure as well as twice the battery capacity compared to the previous generation. Cicada SAT-IV is available in two configurations ; Cicada KSAT (Kethane satellite), equipped with the KE-S210 Compact Kethane Survey Unit, and Cicada RSAT (Relay Satellite), equipped with the Communotron 88-88, supporting interplanetary communication networks.

Ladybug KRV-IVb is our next generation rover platform. It comes equipped with a wide range of scientific tools, including the Lazor Cam and the KE-S210 Compact Kethane Survey Unit. Two onboard PB-NUK Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generators and one Z-400 Rechargable Battery Bank provide ample power for the most demanding missions. An integrated skycrane and Mk25 parachute ensure a soft landing in even the most challenging environments.

Pathfinder ERMP-II is an extreme range interplanetary probe. Featuring a slimmer enclosure and greater landing engine responsiveness compared to the previous generation, it comes equipped with scientific tools for measuring soil consistency and atmospheric pressure, as well as an enhanced Communotron 16, providing reliable communications from remote locations in the Kerbol system.

Energon PLSR-I is a ruggedized, 100% reusable launch stage. Energon PLSR-I comes in three varieties, 3X, 5X and 7X, each providing an increasing amount of thrust. Featuring dedicated power, communication and control systems, Energon PLSR-I acts as a separate vehicle once detached from its orbital payload. Multiple onboard recovery systems allow for controlled water landing and recovery. (please read Energon PLSR-I Guidelines for more details) In addition to serving as the launch stage for all our unmanned mission platforms, Energon PLSR-I 3X, 5X and 7X are provided as separate assemblies in order to add to any vehicle.

Each unmanned mission platform is propelled by an interplanetary transfer stage including the fuel efficient LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor and nearly 1000L of liquid rocket fuel, providing a generous Delta-V allowance. An integrated Protractor rendezvous calculator ensures consistent delivery to far flung targets while an onboard Anatid Robotics MechJeb 2.0 compute core provides automation functions and mission data.

Energon PLSR-I Launch and Recovery Guidelines -

* If using automated ascent, switch control to onboard PLSR MechJeb 2.0 unit prior to launch for greater stability.

* Energon PLSR-I is designed for water landing and recovery only.

* Stage 3 rockets are fired at 30M altitude for safe splashdown speed. (Energon 5X, firing altitude will differ slightly on Energon 3X, 7X)

* Stage 2 "tipper" rocket is fired immediately on splashdown.

* Stage 1 rockets are fired immediately once angle of vehicle reaches 45 degrees or less.

* Stage 0 rockets are fired immediately once vehicle is completely horizontal in order to stabilize and settle vehicle into water.

Download - SSL Bot Pack II (KSP 0.21)

Required mods - MechJeb 2, Protractor, Procedural Fairings, BFT Form Tank Pack, Kethane Pack, Lazor Cam

kvasir_lrmp_mkii_banner.jpg

Supersonic Labs is proud to announce the immediate release of Kvasir LRMP Mk II, the newest member in our family of interplanetary manned mission platforms.

The Long Range Mission Platform continues to push new technological boundaries in the exploration of the Kerbol system, supporing a wide range of scientific applications and transporting a full team of Kerbalnauts within interplanetary space before returning them safely home. The LRMP integrates dedicated science, engineering, habitation, command and lander modules.

The LRMP supports a full orbital science lab within the integrated Karmony Mk III node, as well as spacious living quarters within the integrated G-Hab Mk I module. Four Communotron 16 and two Communotron 88-88 units comprise the LRMP redundant communications array, which can be further augmented by the onboard SSL Cicada RSAT-IV probe. Propelled by the potent MPSS NERVA engine, Kvasir LRMP Mk II carries up to 4500l of liquid fuel and 940 units of monopropellant into interplanetary space. Four massive MPSS solar panels charge multiple onboard battery banks.

Kvasir LRMP Mk II is engineering to be almost completely reusable. Upon returning from interplanetary space, the command pod with attached lander module are decoupled from the LRMP and are deorbited using the lander engine. The crew decouples the lander module and heads for a safe splashdown in the command pod. The Kvasir PCRM Mk II (Platform Command and Resupply Module) is launched carrying a fresh crew and enough liquid fuel and monopropellant to fully refuel the orbiting LRMP. After refueling is complete, the PCRM propellant module is jettisoned ; Kvasir LRMP Mk II is ready for a new mission.

For more operational details, refer to this guide - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/5621-Supersonic-Laboratories-Kvasir-LRMP-Mk-I-is-here%21?p=365390&viewfull=1#post365390

Download - Kvasir LRMP Mk II (KSP 0.21)

Required mods - MechJeb 2, Protractor, MPSS Nautilus, Jool V heavy launcher, FusTek Station Parts Expansion, FusTek Common Berthing Mechanisms, G-Hab, BFT Form Tank Pack

Recommended mods - Kerbal Crew Manifest

Hey I think there is a problem with your rockets on almost all of them I cant load a part from the BFT Form Tank Pack even though I installed it twice.

Are you installing the BFT parts in the GameData folder or the regular old Parts folder? Because they belong in the Parts folder.

Not all parts work in the GameData folder yet.

Edited by segaprophet

Starchaser Orion Mk.II (Moho Edition)

(Mods used: Mechjeb. This is basically stock but with mechjeb attached)

After conquering the moons of Kerbin, the KSA desired to stride deeper into space, but none of their current spaceships were capable of landing on a body larger than the moon. Designed to enable a crew of up to 6 Kerbals explore the far reaches of the Solar System for years at a time, with the potential to stop at multiple planets along the way, this huge ship was their solution to the problem.

Ou0HYrT.jpg

Too big for a conventional launch, Orion was constructed on-orbit from three different launch vehicles;

1. Orion Return & Propulsion Module

2. Orion Lander & Habitation Module

3. Orion Replacement Lander + Fuel (The replacement lander was sent up to replace a fault on the original lander, which has since been fixed, so unless you knock something during assembly, you can remove this)

4. (Optional) Nano Moon Lander (provides a 2-seat moon lander with Dv~2km/s, plus 2 atmospheric probes for deployment in places the lander cannot land and return from (eg Eve, Jool)

From the beginning, Orion was designed to be modular, allowing a wide variety of module combinations.

Need more fuel? Add another fuel module!

Barebones mission? Ditch the habitation module, any extra crew can sit in the 4 external seats (provided)!

9JZy6kX.jpg

(Handy Infographic? you got it!)

Action Groups

1 - toggle all solar panels on the vessel

2 - toggle all floodlights/landing lights

3 - toggle all ship illuminating lights (excluding floodlights)

Included Lander

Bundled with the ship is a very capable lander:

8vnjHvm.jpg

-Up to 3 crew

-Dv~2+km/s

-TWR on Kerbin = 0.96 when full

-Drogue 'chute allows almost powerless landing on celestial bodies with an atmosphere (In this example, Duna)

-Scientific detectors onboard

-Single stage so completely re-usable

IajAizl.jpg

The Delta-v of the lander can be increased to 3km/s by docking to the additional rockomax fuel tank (provided) to allow landing on larger celestial bodies, or those without an atmosphere (in this example, Moho)

EiE4xFQ.jpg

Rzb3Fwd.jpg

As a test run, Orion was sent to Duna with 6 crew; 3 landed on the surface in the lander (see above), 2 took the Moon lander to land on Ike (below) and 1 stayed in the mothership (below). After all crew successfully returned and ships re-docked, she still had Dv~8km/s to spare.

aZj23dd.jpg

PbqnmYq.jpg

Things to note:

1. when a second jumbo fuel tank is added to the stack, when firing the Kerbin Departure stage, a large wobble appears. However, nothing broke so I think its okay.

2. When using the nuclear engines, remember; its top acceleration is 2m/s, so expect loooong burn times. As an example, when entering the Moho SOI, the burn time is about 30 minutes to achieve orbit!

Overall a very capable ship, hope you enjoy.

Edited by The Procrastinaut

I've fixed this craft for 2.1 but I take no credit for the original design. I will post when I am done with class.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/33503-Show-off-your-B9-Designs!/page5?highlight=Carina

It is the Carina. All credit goes to

Original poster. I will try to convert all the SSTOs I have and continue to post when I find the links to the original posters. Message me

If you have any other requests for stuff I have yet to post and I will work on them in a first come first serve basis.

Presenting: The Mosquito. This started as an exercise in Manley Minimalism--following his VTOL 7-part jet--but it didn't work right with FAR. So it grew and then I ran across the Convair XFY Pogo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convair_XFY_Pogo) and thought 'That looks like a good idea!', then I started playing around with SM's PDE engines and, well, it got a little out of control from there.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Mods used:

B9 Aerospace

FAR

SM's Pulse Detonation Engine @ http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/29827-Pulse-Detonation-Engine

ACTIVATE THE COMPRESSOR AT THE REAR BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE otherwise you have ~45 seconds of full power. Takeoff at ~5 notches of power, rotate at ~120m/sec, lands at ~90 m/sec but has all the aerodynamics of a brick once you cut the engine. This is a convenient coincidence. Won't go transonic until 2500+m and lacks some yaw authority, but it'll acrobatic as much as you like. 1 toggles airbrakes (useful in dives), 2 toggles main landing gear, and the party piece is X to cut throttle and 3 to drop the rear legs. Stage to pop the 'chute, it'll stabilize the airframe as a drogue until full deployment will bring it down to land on the rear legs. A kerbal on EVA can repack the parachute without climbing down and not only can you take off vertically (full power helps) but you can land it on the main gear.

The version shown in the bay is the not-for-export version featuring Bill 9000 and a custom-made tank of compressed air for zooms above intake effective altitude. A skilled pilot may be able to get this thing into orbit without it. If you add jet fuel drop tanks to increase range, keep them inboard or roll authority suffers.

Craft file here:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=55bb5e54b108ace002ffd3916b022006

Fly and enjoy!

Edited by Piloter

I present to you, the Aerospace Technology U-2SR.

JlBA1Ue.png

Is capable of going from the KSC to the second KSC and back, twice. Plus.

Flaps down - K, up - I.

Do NOT use the afterburner function, Engineering module is there to refuel the craft on-ground.

To view the ground via the spy camera, press 5. To exit, press 6.

Many mods used, will try to list them all:

-B9

-Lazor System

-Lazor Camera

-TT Multiwheels (recommended)

-Ordan's Telescopes

-Sceppie's Minipack

-Infernal Robotics

-(possibly) TT's NeverUnload.

.craft file here: http://www./?3kms3uchff7h7ee

You will also need this: http://www./?p9atb181bftcr0y

This adds a smaller stabilator for use on the U-2 and whatever else you so desire.

Simply place the files in your B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Wing_SW folder.

Happy flying,

Kyrian

Edited by Kyrian

This is my first attempt at building a craft for atmospheric flight. It's a replica of the iconic F-14 Tomcat.

It handles pretty well and accelerates down the runway straight as an arrow.

I thought it was a little slow, so I duplicated the Basic Jet Engine and increased the thrust to 250 on my personal Tomcat.

The plane flies just fine without the engine change, so that modification is completely up to you!

6E9315A2A98AA924F7579655BD726017527E6A2E

13AD134616B8FD6448204AA5C8868896653716BF

1D1B14F22E31B50AF52ADE1D1DC5FD6520EB3FDC

Mods used:

-Mechjeb 2

-B9 Aerospace Pack R3

-Procedural Dynamics (Procedural Wings)

Download here if you're interested. http://www./download/4bgbtusuml4msh0/F14_Tomcat.craft

Fly dangerously, y'all.

Edited by Caliber Sarn
Fixed "No JetEngine1" error.

Is it possible to add another version of my mapping probe?

I have updated it to be compatible with Remotetech 1 so now you can map anywhere within 900Gm of your closest relay transmitter and map for kethane and ISA Mapsat if you also use remotetech. I have added a few more KDv in the final ion stage to make up for the Dv losses caused by adding a huge antenna although the low power of the ion engine makes this only really useful for small orbital corrections (168.4mm/s). I have also increased the power output by a factor of eight which is enough for the ion drive to operate continuously.

The final stage (ion) of the mapper can be left in orbit around newly explored planets and used as a comms relay satellite for the mining operation which surely will follow.

Here is the craft file http://www./view/cg1210kcytt5a38/Long_range_Mapping_Probe_(UNMANNED_MJ_KT_MS_RT).craft

This shows the various stages and final advance comms stage.

After launch the dish must be opened and given a target before you deorbit the orbit insertion stage as it has the dipole antenna on it. There is a deployable omni antenna attached to the probe core if you have remotetech for all.

EDIT: I have just realised you will need remotetech for all as you will need the probecore to control the craft due to the lack of a control pod - Doh!

Edited by John FX

New and improved Tomcat for your aeronautic pleasure. Optimized lift surfaces for improved stability in horizontal flight.

Most importantly, this version adds functional, sweeping wings!!

Mods used:

-Mechjeb 2

-B9 Aerospace Pack R3

-Procedural Dynamics (Procedural Wings)

-Infernal Robotics

Download craft file here: http://www./download/ja63qspvd6s7wdg/F14Tomcat_v2_0.craft

Fly dangerously!

Edited by stupid_chris
Fixed "No JetEngine1" error.

New and improved Tomcat for your aeronautic pleasure. Optimized lift surfaces to improved stability in horizontal flight.

Most importantly, this version adds functional, sweeping wings!!

Fly dangerously!

OMFG this is awesome!!! I have to get rid of some of my mods so I can get B9 back on to try this out it looks so cool!!

Edit: NOO It's saying It cant load because Im missing "Jetengine1". It's also calling it GhostriderX3. HELP I NEED TO FLY THIS!!

Edit: Ok I got it loaded changed "JetEngine1" to "JetEngine" did you mess with the stock config? If so let me know what you changed. Hopefully it will fly with the stock engine!

Edited by Secret Squirrel