The Modded Craft Repository [v0.23]

Got that fixed for ya, Squirrel. I forgot that I had made a copy of the Basic Jet Engine and increased it's thrust to 250 to give the Tomcat more horsepower. I updated the craft file in my previous post so it'll work for everyone. It will fly with the Basic engine, I just thought it needed more oomph!

Got that fixed for ya, Squirrel. I forgot that I had made a copy of the Basic Jet Engine and increased it's thrust to 250 to give the Tomcat more horsepower. I updated the craft file in my previous post so it'll work for everyone. It will fly with the Basic engine, I just thought it needed more oomph!

Tried it out last night, does fly fine with the stock and I can agree could be a little faster. I love the craft thanks .

This is my first dontribution to this Forum. This is the Desolator Spacecraft. A Working VTOL and Spaceplane. It is built with Impossible Innovation's Fusion Engines, so it is capable of flying basically everywhere. Comments are welcome.

Nateodekirk

Mods: Impossible Innovations, B9 Aerospace, Mechjeb 2

2013_09_17_00001.jpg

2013_09_17_00005.jpg

2013_09_17_00009.jpg

2013_09_17_00013.jpg

2013_09_17_00019.jpg

2013_09_15_00068.jpg

2013_09_15_00063.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My submission to the Replica category. Saturn V with just KW parts.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Just put up the forum link since its not finished yet as I'm not happy with certain parts. There is currently a 9-10 point "To-do" list.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/51394-Vulcan-Mk-II-Apollo-Replica-%28uses-KW-parts-previously-Munshot%29

i tried to use a fair balance between looking like an f-14 and actually being flyable in ksp.

COL is slightly behind COM ~ and COT is slightly under COM

the double cockpit makes this build work in more than just looks. 1. room for 2 pilots. 2. puts just enough mass up front to justify the larger wings being up front.

mods: b9 for the intakes, magic smoke's docking washer for inflight wing adjustment

not quite sure how the last picture happened.. but it did and i regret nothing.

B9 makes career mode like a whole new game. This plane can land anywhere, barely needs any room to take off, and has a fully functional science lab (I haven't even unlocked supersonic flight yet!) It's a blast to fly, too. You can get anywhere on kerbin with one tank of gas, and then some. If you retract the front landing gear, Jeb doesn't even need a ladder. You can also repack the chutes from EVA by walking along the aircraft's spine.

Craft file

Mods: This plane only uses b9 and stock parts so far. I will definitely upgrade the design and add space capabilities as more technologies are unlocked :cool:

I finally made a halfway decent rover! Top speed is about 23.8 m/s. Center wheels need to have their steering locked, otherwise it is a little unstable. If you remove the center wheels altogether (to shed some weight), it runs just fine. It will tip over and crash if you try to turn at speed, but if you slow down before turning, it is okay.

Mods Used:

Mechjeb

B9 Aerospace (InfoDrive)

Editor Extensions (I love this mod!, not needed for the rover itself, just used to create it)

rover1.png

rover2.png

Tracked Crane

My first successful try at a crane. It's not very strong, will bend or tip over with anything heavier than the small black command module in the picture, but it works! Top speed is 15.8 m/s, which was too fast before I added the second set of tracks to the front to keep it from tipping over... it is relatively stable now.

Mods Used:

Mechjeb

Editor Extensions (again not needed to use the crane, just used to create it)

B9 Aerospace (InfoDrive)

KAS (Kerbal Attachment System)

Infernal Robotics (for the rotator disc, winch and magnet)

Caterpillar Tracks (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/caterpillar-tracks/)

crane1.png

crane2.png

Note: Neither vehicle has left Kerbin yet! Only tested on Kerbin.

Rover (BRY=Best Rover Yet)

http://www.neamerjell.com/projects/ksp/BRY-IA.craft

Crane

http://www.neamerjell.com/projects/ksp/Tracked Crane.craft

Edited by neamerjell

I finally got my first interplanetary transport vessel working. Or....almost working, because the only trip it has made so far was an empty flight to Minmus and back. I call it the TS Österreich (TS Austria). According to my nomenclature it's real name is "TS/VK3c (B) Ausf.2".

54A1970651D89AC26DD44E00D2E15F2463BBD371

Today, I shipped up it's cargo in two launchs and had a hard time strutting the cargo, so that it does'nt wobble too much at high accelerations. Here you see Rayner Kerman while he's doing some strut work:

349342183284B86ECC7D57AA413C134220A717E8

141A0B608F58333381D92D3584159F4C59C45BED

Finally, I managed to dock the second part of the station and it was again up to Rayner strutting it. :)

FE55498B6498B79B73551AD95DAA70BD2FD14FD6

But now there's the big question: where should I send it? It's very important that it's first interplanetary flight starts tomorrow, because tomorrow there is the austrian national holiday :D

Oh, and the mission still has no name :blush:

P.S: high-quality, super-artistic picture postcard:

bzszniv3.jpg

(took me 2 minutes with GIMP :D )

I have a lot of old SSTOs that were from previous versions, however i they are working with the current version with updates and such. Would people like me to post these, I am unable to give credit to the original creators, because i don't remember who they were, and i cannot tell you what mods are required for them. But im guessing, since I haven't changed the names, someone could find that info on the forums.

Carina With Two Versions, one is modded, the opther is less modded

Carina Modish

http://rapidshare.com/share/4577A4C0EF86CE3EE6F13A5C07223882

Carina Stockish

http://rapidshare.com/share/E6CCF1C6ABFC592360E653141AAC7D39

Like is said before

I AM TAKING NO CREDIT, Just getting their work back to the current version

here is a link to original

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/34382-Carina-SSTO-Heavy-Cargo-Shuttle-%28B9-Aerospace%29?highlight=carina

Edited by harleyro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The lifter:

This bad boy will take anything you can fit into the cargo bay to orbit with ease. So far I've only tested it with up to 45 tons, but it can do significantly more, I expect, if you could fit it into the bay.

craft

Uses:

B9

Mechjeb

Taverios pizza and aerospace

Quantum Struts

KW Rocketry

And most likely will only fly with FAR

Edit: I've noticed this can get a little finnicky in the roll direction if you're pitching down on the ascent. To fix this, rotate it 180 degrees in the SPH.

Action Groups:

1: toggles the SABRE engine modes and the air intakes

2: toggles the cargo bay and quantum struts in the bay

3: toggles the main engine

The Crew Shuttle:

This will take 12 passengers and 2 pilots to LKO

craft

Uses:

B9

Mechjeb

Taverios pizza and aerospace

KW Rocketry

And most likely will only fly with FAR

Action groups:

1: toggles the SABRE mode and the air intakes

If you come up with a name, feel free to name them.

The best I've come up with was along the lines of "cockshuttle" playing off the obscenely long tail fin (a rooster tail) and the word shuttle cock, but that just won't do.

Edited by SuperBigD60
noticed a flaw

Well then, since we are displaying modded craft, here's a few (Craft files on request)

Mods used: B9, MechJeb, KSPX, Procedural Fairings.

Space Station with Escape Pod (This uses a custom LFO tank made from the S1 5m fuel tank, just added an appropriate amount of oxidizer).

My Space Station refuel vessel. It's designed to transport anything with a Sr. docking port to the space station (Usually fuel) Cut's down on having to build a large launch vehicle for any fuel tanks. Just launch to intercept and then send the tug. IIRC action groups are as follows (It has an info drive):

1. Toggle forward Spotlights
  2. Toggle dorsal docking port and lights
  3. Toggle Engines

This is my Kerpollo ship, in addition to the above it also uses Stockalights (For the current iteration, this is an older version).

Edited by Taki117

Ever wanted a mobile command post to go with that Munar base? The UPC-4 serves as a personnel transporter, portable quarters, and field office. Accommodates 6 kerbals + driver.

Uses KAS and B9.

Well equipped for exploring planetary surfaces.

DJK0R7b.png

Communotron 88-88 data uplink and towing winch, plus external KAS storage.

u5e24Lf.png

View from the driver's cab.

cBXIxIg.png

UPC-4 rolling out on Kerbin.

wTuTGkV.png

Craft file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28570084/ksp/UPC-4.craft

Now I just need to build the interplanetary transfer vehicle...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I proudly present my Mars 1 Spaceship

If full with fuel, its possible to fly to duna, land there, bring back the complete ship, but the lander, which cannot start lacking some fuel, may i do a redesign

With the Biolabs you can fill up some fuel and rcs while in transfers

Uses:

Renewable Biofuel Modules

MechJeb2

Docking Strut

Deep Space Mission Pack

KSPX v0.2.4

it has to be launched in 4 stages and finished up in Space

Key 1 Skycrane Forward Propulsion

Key 2 Skycrane Backwards Propulsion

Key 3 Lander Engines

Key 4 Solar

Key 5 Mainstage Chemical Engines (for fast maneuvers)

Key 6 Mainstage Nuklear Engines

Mechjeb is recommed for the balanced RCS boosters for manuel docking, but its almost balanced on all parts except the propulsion module

Ship mountet in space

https://mega.co.nz/#!lslEjLYB!NJJg-Am2kLfYIOvKF76awjMD539UWv8atw8cPiMcKrY

Ship splitted in space

https://mega.co.nz/#!EkliHSDB!VKVF9T4Dw92J-A87-Zy6FS7cjZluVmwm_6aG_5gpV9w

Propulsion Module (1 Booser 4 Nuklear)

https://mega.co.nz/#!F90yFKJT!O7BBehzaY0HIVFT96Nvqen74a7N8JjF-1nR2iqD8DPk

Reactor Core

2 Biolabs 4 Neuts 1 Nuklearreactor

https://mega.co.nz/#!N500iAAJ!JKinB1QMHUKneAWrlBqsQmWwvWYzys0Rm2guJIfA8Os

Lander Unit

https://mega.co.nz/#!hldm0SaI!bcTIUhxVmbVA29-ebehqABargDhrfbstV-HfxQm2wmk

there Are 12 EDAS-5 Struts to connect to get a wobble free ship

8x Engines to Reactor module

4x Crane to Reactor module

Launching:

Propulsion Module has to be turned at the last stage and the chemical has to be deactivated ( keys 5-nukes 6-chemical)

Reactor Module last stage max. 60% or breaking

much fun screwing it together

https://mega.co.nz/#F!8g0wXTIR!OUxR4VlYOjVWn2ZQcwuo4Q

Edited by djmad
links to images dont work

Surprisingly easy to fly shuttle I made for deploying communication satellites. There are four simple com satellites in the cargo bay.

Built in spaceplane hanger. I start the grav turn gradually around 4km and shoot for a apoapsis of 80-90km. I'm usually about 45 degrees @ around 25km. Once you're in space RCS makes it easier to maneuver though it's not needed if you lower throttle just a little. If you go for a circular orbit around 85km, there should be extra fuel left in main tank when you dump it. (there's more than enough to make a circular orbit with it but I want it to re-enter) The extra fuel is there if you need it for lifting a heavier load.

I dump the main tank when my periapsis is around 40km, and finish circularizing with RCS, so the tank re-enters.

On re-entry, keep that nose pointed prograde or you may be in for a kerbal experience. :D

Let me know what you think.

Disclaimer: I was inspired to make this after watching Scott Manley's latest episode of Interstellar. Minor similarity with some design aspects. My shuttle is larger and uses more powerful engines, standard tail, etc.

I did use a couple action groups, check the description in spaceplane hanger. The action groups aren't needed to help stability during flight or to fly the craft, just for convenience. (turning off reaction wheels when docked, opening cargo bay w/lights, etc.)

Mods used:

B9

KW

Mechjeb (not needed to fly, I use for telemetry)

Recommended Max Payload to LKO: 6.85 tons. With this much weight, the craft pitches up a bit at the very end of the SRB burn, happens for about two seconds then you jettison the SRB's and it's completely stable again. At 6.85 tons you use almost all the rocket fuel getting to and establishing orbit at ~79km. Could probably lift 7 tons if you're a daring kerbanaut and go for minimum LKO.

Craft File

Imgur Gallery

I added pix to the gallery of the max payload test flight.

Oe1cEfC.jpg

Edited by trepidine
added payload info

Surprisingly easy to fly shuttle I made for deploying communication satellites. There are four simple com satellites in the cargo bay.

Built in spaceplane hanger. I start the grav turn gradually around 5km and shoot for a apoapsis of 80-90km. I'm usually about 45 degrees @ around 25km. Once you're in space RCS makes it easier to maneuver though it's not needed if you lower throttle just a little. If you go for a circular orbit around 85km, there should be extra fuel left in main tank when you dump it. (there's more than enough to make a circular orbit with it but I want it to re-enter) The extra fuel is there if you need it for lifting a heavier load.

I dump the main tank when my periapsis is around 40km, and finish circularizing with RCS, so the tank re-enters.

On re-entry, keep that nose pointed prograde or you may be in for a kerbal experience. :D

Let me know what you think.

Disclaimer: I was inspired to make this after watching Scott Manley's latest episode of Interstellar. Minor similarity with some design aspects. My shuttle is larger and uses more powerful engines, standard tail, etc.

I did use a couple action groups, check the description in spaceplane hanger. The action groups aren't needed to help stability during flight or to fly the craft, just for convenience. (turning off reaction wheels when docked, opening cargo bay w/lights, etc.)

Mods used:

B9

KW

Mechjeb (not needed to fly, I use for telemetry)

Craft File

Imgur Gallery

Oe1cEfC.jpg

max payload to lko ?

B9 and stock planes meant for use in FAR.

VL-310B: High-performance 8-Kerbal private SSTO spaceplane with extremely generous jet fuel for atmospheric flight.

uAJJyJp.png

VL-320B: Sleek commuter SSTO spaceplane capable of holding 32 Kerbals in its aerodynamic fuselage.

fACT4PH.png

VL-330B: Massive, nimble and tough jumbo Spaceliner. 51 meters long of sheer megaplane containing 146 Kerbals, 144 tonnes, 171 parts, and 500+ m/s of spare Delta-V after reaching Orbit. It actually can take off and pull into a vertical climb before reaching the SPH and yes, it will challenge your seat+engine fighter jet to a duel.

RuGW8db.png

A comparison of the three:

IdiPy1G.png

The new VL-110EF "Spearhead" Stock SSTO jet fighter designed with FAR in mind. One of thee most maneuverable and awesome-looking FAR SSTOs, and at just 11.1 tonnes and 11*4*6.5 meters when on the ground, it is also very compact as well. It also comes in an atmospheric variant, the VL-110EA "Arrowtip."

DZ9FRg6.png